Feeling positive for the first time in months :)

Hi all

I've been a member of minimins for ages, tried and failed SW a number of times on this forum! Really want this to finally be the time I nail it. The problem is that I've been increasingly depressed about my weight over the past few months and that leaves me feeling less able and motivated to do something about it - vicious circle :sigh:

However, today after a lot of pondering, I finally signed up for SW online. Already I feel so much more positive and happy. I feel like making that commitment shows I can finally do this. I've got a long way to go - 8 stone to lose :eek::eek::eek: But I honestly think with the support here and SW online I might actually do it.

The main thing I plan to do differently is focus on 1 stone at a time. I get so bogged down and focussed on the final goal that every lb just seems pointless as there is so much more to go. But I'm determined to focus on the first 14lbs, nothing more, and achieve that before moving on.

So thanks thus far for all the support here, I need lots of it!! I feel good today but nothing changes the fact I have a long way to go, none of my clothes fit and I'm returning to work in 2 weeks feeling my worse ever. Keep me going everyone!

That probably didn't warrant a new thread but I wanted to share, sorry x

Good luck on your new slimming journey. Like you I have a lot to lose, I started classes at the end of February 2012 as of tonights weigh in I've lost 2st.13lbs. It a very slow weigh loss compared to other people, but like you I have a lot to lose.

Hi Chloebelle,

We have nearly the same amount of weight to loose, but cos of difference in heights my start and goal are higher than yours, this is the first time I have actually felt positive about it too....had a 7.5lb loss so far in 2 weeks of feeling good...this week the scales (naughty daily weigher that I am) are showing a gain, but I have been 100% so I know its due to TOTM or other bodily factors.

If you would like a buddy along the way add me or drop me a message.

Good luck

Claire xx

Good luck in your journey..... Send some postive vibes my way please :)

Back