Feeling pretty ashamed of myself

K.T

I ave had a really rubbish couple of weeks and as a result I haven't been following the diet at all.

I gained 3lbs, then lost half, and this week have gained 1lb :break_diet:

I kept telling myself that there was no point coming back on here as it wouldn't help but i have MADE myself be honest in updating my ticker and signature :cry:(although I feel really embarrassed). I need a kick up the bum!!

I do think that I'm not going to see great losses this side of christmas (4 birthdays, a holiday, work do and christmas itself) but I certainly intend to do some damage limitation!! Which is better than nothing.

Well done for coming on here, you've done the right thing. It's easy to become disheartened when you hit a bump in the road but you've done so well! Maybe go back to basics for a couple of weeks and that in itself will spur you on. Remember we are all here for you.

Emma xxx

I ave had a really rubbish couple of weeks and as a result I haven't been following the diet at all.

I gained 3lbs, then lost half, and this week have gained 1lb :break_diet:

I kept telling myself that there was no point coming back on here as it wouldn't help but i have MADE myself be honest in updating my ticker and signature :cry:(although I feel really embarrassed). I need a kick up the bum!!

I do think that I'm not going to see great losses this side of christmas (4 birthdays, a holiday, work do and christmas itself) but I certainly intend to do some damage limitation!! Which is better than nothing.

Well done for coming back. There is no need to be ashamed of yourself - everyone has rough patches and we are all here for the same reason. I know from my own experiences that the users on here are really genuinely supportive, and you won't be judged, put down or made to feel rubbish. We're all here for support and encouragement, so try not to worry about it too much.

I think at some stage we all go through a similar experience. We might plateu or have a few gains, but the thing to remember is how far you have already come. You have already lost 8.5lb!! That's fantastic. Is it worth thinking 'whats the point', and falling off the bandwagon, only to put all of that weight back on? Yes you might be upset now to have had a few gains, but you have still lost 8.5lb!! Think how much more upset you would be to be back at square 1. You can do it, you have already proven that.

Sometimes we just need a little kick up the backside to motivate us and get us back on plan. Hopefully by coming back here and sharing this with us all and updating your ticker has given you that kick up the backside and inspired you to get back into the plan.

If you're struggling, don't feel ashamed or embarrassed to ask for help and advice. That's what we're all here for. Good luck hun xx

Thanks you so much for your kind replies xx

We all have blips at some time or other what's important is you've recognised your mistakes and can now work on correcting them. Good luck :)

Well Done Hunny! I have gained for the past few months and came back on here and updated my ticker too!! Dont feel ashamed! You have made the first step hun! Good Luck! Onwards and Downwards!! xx

Don't feel ashamed hun! You're human. You aren't a machine, and life gets in the way sometimes.

I know what you mean about not thinking you will have decent losses before xmas. I have my birthday, hubbys birthday & my works xmas party within 4 days of each other in december so i am not hopeful! I would just try to stick to it when you can. It will all help x

Don't feel ashamed!!! You should be mega proud of yourself :) keep it up huni even though it's really tough at times, you know it'll be worth it in the long run! Xxx

Remember - this is a life style change, not a quick weight loss diet....what I mean is, we all still have lives to lead, so what's a few blips here & there in the general scheme of things.
As has already been said, do your best the days where you have complete control & make the best choices where you don't have so much control.....good luck

Read your post again as if someone else wrote it and think of the reply you'd give HER! Now tell the other voice to shove off!

Thanks again for all your kind words, I am overwhelmed by how supportive every one has been xxx

Keep up the positive thinking, if you had no limits on all these nights out,by Xmas I'm guessing you would be pretty hacked off, just try your best xx

You can do it xxx

Back