Feeling quite fed up..

Bernadette and mum

I've been doing SW for 4 weeks now and have lost a total of 4 pounds. I'm really enjoying SW, and I know this isn't a bad loss, but I'm just feeling quite fed up as many people lose more than this in their first week! To be completely honest I probably have been snacking too much but I never have more than 13 syns a day, usually less than 10, and my snacks are always fruit or muller lights. :confused: Thinking maybe I should plan this week so I'm not tempted to snack but still think I should be losing more than I am!

Have you got a food diary that people could have a look at to see if there's anywhere you could pick things up?
I hope the next bit doesn't come across as rude (God damn not being able to convey tone over the internet).
but you aren't 'very' overweight so I imagine it probably takes longer to shift the closer you get to a healthy BMI?
I may be wrong but stick with it :) At least you're losing, though I know that slow weeks can be very annoying! Good luck, and keep us updated!

I've just been looking through the other food diaries on here and I really think I'm just eating too much, probably would be ashamed to put my food diary up now! :eek: Going to plan this week though and hopefully fingers crossed I'll lose more.

Hahaha, doesn't come across rude at all, that's a good point, and you're right far rather slow loss than a gain!
Well done on your weight loss, amazing! :eek:

Don't be silly, nothing to be ashamed of at all. Plus it's better to be put right than continue and be disappointed? Though as SW say, you can snack as much as you want, as long as superfree are your first port of call and you only eat until full (which is one of my biggest problems...I just love food lol)
Thanks, I just hope my loss continues as well as it has been doing...my holidays are in 9 weeks this Sunday eek!

I'd be happy with 4lbs in 4 wks, at least its consistent!! Are you making sure you have 1/3 superfree with all meals? Are you drinking enough? just my initial thoughts, but honestly don't worry about it & if you want to post your diary do, I eat loads, I'm constantly grazing:rolleyes:

What sort of superfree stuff do you eat? Things like strawberries and melon are superspeed I would maybes up these foods!! And do you do some steady excersise like walking and also how much do you have to lose if its only a stone or 2 then it will be slower than someone who has say 6 stone to lose x

Oh and almost forgot 1pound a week is great when you think that's 52 pound a year to lose steadily and gradually in a healthy way you should be proud you may just be a 'slow' loser like some people are

Don't be silly, nothing to be ashamed of at all. Plus it's better to be put right than continue and be disappointed? Though as SW say, you can snack as much as you want, as long as superfree are your first port of call and you only eat until full (which is one of my biggest problems...I just love food lol)
Thanks, I just hope my loss continues as well as it has been doing...my holidays are in 9 weeks this Sunday eek!

Well today I had:

Breakfast: melon and a muller light

Mid-morning: skips (4 syns)

Lunch: Mashed potato, beans and a banana

Snack: An apple and 2 slimming world bars (HEB)

Dinner: salad rice and mushy pea curry

Snack: Slimming world ice cream with options sachet and half a packet of mini smarties (4 syns):sigh:

I wanted to stop there but then I went and had more melon and some grapes!

I hope it does too x, haha I'm off in seven! :p

I'd be happy with 4lbs in 4 wks, at least its consistent!! Are you making sure you have 1/3 superfree with all meals? Are you drinking enough? just my initial thoughts, but honestly don't worry about it & if you want to post your diary do, I eat loads, I'm constantly grazing:rolleyes:

Most of the time, but I suppose dinner sometimes has less super free than it should! :eek: And I probably am not drinking enough water... Thanks, I am quite happy with 4lb but I just keep thinking this will be the week I don't lose, or this will be the week I gain, can't keep losing with the amount I eat!

When you say you have been snacking on mullerlights, how many are you snacking on a day?

One with my breakie, and probably another two throughout the day :S

Rochelle1- A lot of fruit and then usually salad with my dinner in the evening, thanks I'm going to try and eat more melon now! I try and do atleast half an hour everyday, but maybe I'm not doing enough? I'd like to just lose 2 stone, that's a good point, just get's frustrating! :sigh:

Yeah thanks you're right, just keep getting the feeling it's bound to stop at some point!

Are you eating the same meals regularly? I do (because I'm a creature of habit) and last week for two days I changed what I ate and lost 1.5lbs!

Also, I'd try and get your 1/3 superfree with your dinner. I pile mine on, which means I'm stuff and can't eat anything else!

Good luck with your journey :) 4lbs off, is still fabulous

Back