Feeling REALLY depressed this evening

LalaBug

Completely gone off the rails points wise (ok, slight exaggeration - had a large bowl of mueslie when I got home and several mouthfuls of my son's toast & dinner which he wouldn't touch). And haven't added the points to my tracker. Meant to be wii fitting as we speak but can barely get enough impetus together to put my socks on, let alone do a full work out. The kids have been ill this week. Although by all accounts they've been fine at the childminders and my mother in laws today while I've been at work but as soon as they got back all my son (who is two and a half) did was moan and whinge. Feels like this is all he has done for days. I know he's ill but I feel like I'm not sure how much more of this I can cope with. I feel like I've lost my happy funny little chap. He wakes us up at 4/5am every day and we struggle to get him to go back to bed for half an hour or so just so we can get a bit more sleep (this is in addition to the baby waking for a feed at some point in the night - and last night it was every couple of hours as she has a cough). I don't feel like there is an end in sight. All this has had the effect on my tracking of points that I feel really on the edge of not giving a sh** whether I track or not or whether I gain or stay the same. But I know if I don't lose I'll still be gutted and feel like I've let myself down.

Also, started new job today. The morning was fine. Was in a meeting that was related to the new job and it was very interesting. But my new boss wasn't there and so spent the rest of the afternoon not doing much. After handing over a few things I didn't have much to do. And boredom is never good for my brain. Not when you're sat at a desk feeling like you have to pretend to be busy or the people around you might think that you are lazy!!!

Anyway, sorry for moaning. I feel a bit better for getting that out of my system.

Whatever happens at weigh in on Tuesday I'm going to get back on the horse and get back into it.

Moan away chick. thats what these boards are for. just remember at the end of the day you are only human. essentially meaning you have limits, yours were reached today (or were close id gather). chalk it up for a bad day, forget it and restart tomorrow.

diet wise id say the same really. start fresh tomorrow. IF there is damage come weigh day explain to your leader why if you have the time. Us crazy un's with the kiddlywinks understand fully.

hope you feel better soon. xx

Thanks x

Think my defences r low right now. Can't seem to snap out of my low mood. More sleep needed I think.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Hun .. Hope ur well :) jus smile n start fresh tomrw :) we all hv good n bad days. I'm starting fresh agn tmrw n I'm going to write n point evrythn I put n my mouth.. Jus keep going :) we all r here fo u xxx

Thanks everyone. Feeling a lot better today. Got some sleep last night as hubby did the night feed as well as getting up first thing with our son. A bit of sleep really DOES make a world of difference!!

I remember those days of a toddler and a baby, mine are 8 and 10 now, it is physically draining!!!!! My eldest alwasy got me up at around 5.00am, and the night feed. Then it really is full on all day with a toddler, and a baby. I loved it most days, but you are always so so kanackered, that it's hard tp find reserves for those days when they are ill, or things don't go right. It will get better, and the good days are so good with kids that you soon forget the bad!! Hang on in there. You'll lose the weight eventually

Hi - I have always felt awful when I started a new job. It feels so strange and I start thinking oh no, what have I done. But before long, something clicks and it is like you always worked there.

I was reading a self help book recently about procrastination and it said don't wait for the motivation to start something because chances are you are never going to get motivated and will never do it (I am likely to always hate exercise lol). Just try to make a start and chances are you will finish. So for example last night, I was supposed to be going for a walk twice round the block just to get an extra activity point on my pedometer. I didn't really want to go but I said to myself OK, go once round the block and if it really is unbearable you can stop. But once I started it wasn't so bad and I did the two rounds. I also do this with my Wii. I will select a twenty minute workout and say to myself OK do ten minutes and I promise you can stop but in the end I say blow it and finish. Oh - and it works for me on housework by setting the kitchen timer to do 20 minutes worth!

Maybe you can say to yourself, OK point just one meal and then you can stop?

I have been on anti depressants since before Christmas and was having a lot of trouble then getting the enthusiasm to do anything so have been looking into this type of thing just to get myself going!

pudnpie said:
Hi - I have always felt awful when I started a new job. It feels so strange and I start thinking oh no, what have I done. But before long, something clicks and it is like you always worked there.

I was reading a self help book recently about procrastination and it said don't wait for the motivation to start something because chances are you are never going to get motivated and will never do it (I am likely to always hate exercise lol). Just try to make a start and chances are you will finish. So for example last night, I was supposed to be going for a walk twice round the block just to get an extra activity point on my pedometer. I didn't really want to go but I said to myself OK, go once round the block and if it really is unbearable you can stop. But once I started it wasn't so bad and I did the two rounds. I also do this with my Wii. I will select a twenty minute workout and say to myself OK do ten minutes and I promise you can stop but in the end I say blow it and finish. Oh - and it works for me on housework by setting the kitchen timer to do 20 minutes worth!

Maybe you can say to yourself, OK point just one meal and then you can stop?

I have been on anti depressants since before Christmas and was having a lot of trouble then getting the enthusiasm to do anything so have been looking into this type of thing just to get myself going!

Some excellent ideas there!! Have already lost 2 stone since Xmas and can see that size 12 in sight! In fact already really proud of myself for getting this far with everything thAts going on but some days it's still really hard to find the motivation!!

Also am not moving companies. My boss needs a PA full time (I'm part time) but I found something else - possibly more interesting and better suited to me, which is a 3 month secondment - although been told it will hopefully go on longer than that. Anyway, its really good experience for me and I was really looking forward to Monday. Spending the day with my new boss. And I think that's why I ended up feeling down - because in the end she wasn't in. So the day was a bit of a let-down in the end. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. My first "real" day if my boss is in.

Back