Feeling Really Down Today....

Cherry_Pie

I left a good job three months ago and took a chance on a start-up company and it's all blown up in my face. My boss has resigned. The project I'm working on has been scrapped. I don't know what to do.

Never been one for comfort eating, but damn, I feel so rubbish at the moment it's the only thing I can think of that can make me feel SLIGHTLY better at this precise moment.

I'm sorry its all going wrong hun :(
Big hugs to you and I hope it sorts itself out somehow. Worse case scenario, have you got any income insurance? x

Nope! I knew things were going wrong so I've started putting away £200 a month this month. Thought it wouldn't reach crisis point until Christmas, but now it seems I'll be lucky if I get that!

Is there any way you can get out from this business sooner and find some work in your old career? If your tied into a contract then surely your boss ditching on you would constitute a breach on their part?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh dear. Well I have income insurance and I'm sure it starts straight away when out of work, but check terms and conditions etc. That might really help put your mind at rest. All banks do it x

Is there any way you can get out from this business sooner and find some work in your old career? If your tied into a contract then surely your boss ditching on you would constitute a breach on their part?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm with Legomom on this.. If your boss has bailed I can't see how they can hold you to your contract (if you have one). If you haven't already get the feelers out and put the word around that your looking for new opportunities.

Good luck and I hope it sorts itself out :)

All the guys have said pretty much everything.

Sorry everything is s**t. Can you fall back on what you used to do?

Lots of love :)

There are a couple of things at risk if you just leave and get something else is that your employer could sue for breach of contract as you are not working your notice - it's extremely unlikely they'd do this - so I think that's ok.

The other is if you resign before you get alternative work you may not be entitled to benefits. Plus you income policy might not kick in.

I'd call to see if your previous employer is recruiting, get your CV out there but hang in there until you either get a job or they make you redundant.

Are you under a probationary period still?

Back