Feeling really down

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi everyone

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I'm writing this in the hope that it will help to get everything out of my system and start feeling happy again.

I've been feeling so down lately and can't seem to snap out of it. Nothing is motivating me to stick to my diet, I'm not enjyoing my job and can't be bothered to do anything. Whenever I go out with friends, I feel so unhappy and can't wait to get home. I've been with my family today and it's been so nice, but I've got to the point where I just want to come home and be on my own. Usually, I want to spend all day with them.

I'm already dreading going to work tomorrow for no other reason than not wanting to be there. I don't enjoy my job anymore and the thought of going makes me want to burst out crying. I know that sounds stupid, but I can't help it. I've been looking, and applying for other jobs but not getting anywhere which isn't helping.

I feel so unhappy and just want to stay in bed all day every day. I've lost my sparkle and really want to get it back. I've tried all sorts of things to get myself motivated again but nothing is helping. I really don't know what to do. I feel so alone but have so many amazing friends and am so close to my family but just feel so irritated by everything and can't snap out of it.

Nothing bad is going on in my life so I have no reason to sound so selfish and ungrateful. I don't know how I've got here because I used to be so happy. Everything is an effort and I just hope I can find my way out of it. :sigh:

Aww hun, (((((((((((great big hugs))))))))

Maybe youre worn out and just tired?

It does sound like you might be depressed though, wanting to sleep all the time, be alone and tearful about things tht havent really bothered you before :-(, it may not be caused by a particular thing happening in your life but rather lots of little things we would usually ignore but they can build up and catch up with you. It could also be chemical?

I was feeling like this a month or so ago just couldnt function, cried all the time, wanted to sleep all the time, but couldnt at night wen I needed to be up for work. I went to the drs and have started a low dose antidepressant, I do feel better for it. Also a good multivitamin and omega 3,6,9, strong ones theyve made me feel more human. Am taking centrum for active lifestyles and hollnd and barretts max strength 369.

Just remember hun, youre not alone. Youre not the first person to feel like this and u wont be the last, its not a sign of weakness or something you shud beat yourself up about. Can u take some time out of work just to get your head in a better place? See a dr?
Try and focus on doing things for you, make plans. What do u do for a job? Could u investigate branching out? Evening course? Jobhunt? Just something for you to do for you to move forward if youre hating your work at mo. And I know it sucks and will be the last thing u feel like doing esp if u wanna sleep, but exercise. Itll make u feel better afterwards :) the psyching yourself up tp do it iscrap tho I know!!

Itll get better hun keep your chin up.

Lots of hugs to you xxx

Hi everyone

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I'm writing this in the hope that it will help to get everything out of my system and start feeling happy again.

I've been feeling so down lately and can't seem to snap out of it. Nothing is motivating me to stick to my diet, I'm not enjyoing my job and can't be bothered to do anything. Whenever I go out with friends, I feel so unhappy and can't wait to get home. I've been with my family today and it's been so nice, but I've got to the point where I just want to come home and be on my own. Usually, I want to spend all day with them.

I'm already dreading going to work tomorrow for no other reason than not wanting to be there. I don't enjoy my job anymore and the thought of going makes me want to burst out crying. I know that sounds stupid, but I can't help it. I've been looking, and applying for other jobs but not getting anywhere which isn't helping.

I feel so unhappy and just want to stay in bed all day every day. I've lost my sparkle and really want to get it back. I've tried all sorts of things to get myself motivated again but nothing is helping. I really don't know what to do. I feel so alone but have so many amazing friends and am so close to my family but just feel so irritated by everything and can't snap out of it.

Nothing bad is going on in my life so I have no reason to sound so selfish and ungrateful. I don't know how I've got here because I used to be so happy. Everything is an effort and I just hope I can find my way out of it. :sigh:
Hi Bella what is it that's stopping you from feeling motivated and sticking to the 'diet'? (do u know why?)
You have lost a huge amount all ready hun.. :) :) x

Go to the docs ,I did,got low dose anti depressants,and now I'm in right frame of mind to tackle all the (crap ) ....
I'm 52 got m e,in menopause and depressed,so got to fight the 3demons,come on fight with me!!!

I really feel for you as I have in the past been just like that. The wanting to sleep is often a symptom of depression. Whatever I would really urge you to see your doctor.

Do so hope you get help off him/her and that you feel better soon.

Take care. You've done so well so far!

I really can't reccomend exercise enough for lighting your mood. I know it is probably the last thing you feel like doing at the moment, but once you get into it, it really does work wonders. Hope your spirits lift soon xx

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments. I'm feeling a lot better now, although still having some low days. I seem to have managed to get refocused again and just taking it a day at a time. I really am so grateful for your support, so thank you! :)

I can totally sympathise about how you've been feeling. Can I suggest you keep a mood diary for a month or so? It might help you reflect on how you've been feeling and if there is anything triggering low moods.

I would also say take time to look after yourself, have a pamper now and then and take care

xxx

Thanks Rach. The diary sounds like a really good idea. Think I'll look into that! :) xx

Back