Feeling really low

swhite

Hiya
I'm on day 37
And I've lost 27 lbs
Which i know is brilliant
But the last 2 weeks I've felt very low.
Thought it would just be a phase but after 2 weeks I just feel really low and miserable as well as being irritated by everything my family does
Anyone else felt like this?
Will it go?

Sophie x

Oh that sounds horrid! Are you doing any exercise? i would stick some ear phones in and start walking, riding. Or pop to the shops and try different size clothes!! 27lbs must be at least 2 different dress sizes!!! Get out there girly and get looking at the new you in different clothing! if that doesn't give you a boost i don't know what will!!! x x x x good luck x x x x

nicci79 said:
Oh that sounds horrid! Are you doing any exercise? i would stick some ear phones in and start walking, riding. Or pop to the shops and try different size clothes!! 27lbs must be at least 2 different dress sizes!!! Get out there girly and get looking at the new you in different clothing! if that doesn't give you a boost i don't know what will!!! x x x x good luck x x x x

Thanks I've dropped one dress size but have loads of clothes from when I was a size 8 all the way up to size 20 but now a size 18
Bin going to the gym a bit but very slow exercise so I don't faint lol
Xxx

Wii dance? something up beat, do it with a friend. and beat them(not literally, just dance better!) something to perk you up!!! and talk to yourself in the mirror that helps me lol x x x

I have to say that I have felt quite down throughout the diet - I sometimes don't care about losing weight at all. I never got the "ketosis high". I think that there is a link between VLCD diets and depression but I am hoping it will pass when I start eating again. I don't feel exactly depressed - just a bit flat. I am usually ok when I am busy so I guess that's the key. I'm hoping to move up to 810 at the end of June which should help.
I guess it's worth a little pain now - it's nothing compared to spending the rest of our lives with the misery of obesity.

It could just be part of a hormonal response to being on the diet so long. Best thing to do is something to increase the serotonin levels. Exercise of any form, even just a brief stroll in the fresh air would be beneficial. Also trying to get a bit more vitamin D especially as the weather has started to improve. Hopefully you'll start to feel some improvement soon, nothing worse than feeling lousy and unmotivated but you are doing BRILLIANTLY!!!!

ninajw83 said:
It could just be part of a hormonal response to being on the diet so long. Best thing to do is something to increase the serotonin levels. Exercise of any form, even just a brief stroll in the fresh air would be beneficial. Also trying to get a bit more vitamin D especially as the weather has started to improve. Hopefully you'll start to feel some improvement soon, nothing worse than feeling lousy and unmotivated but you are doing BRILLIANTLY!!!!

I done kettlebells tonight and am buzzing now after feeling really low.
Hope you feel better soon SWhite xxx

Daisy65 said:
I have to say that I have felt quite down throughout the diet - I sometimes don't care about losing weight at all. I never got the "ketosis high". I think that there is a link between VLCD diets and depression but I am hoping it will pass when I start eating again. I don't feel exactly depressed - just a bit flat. I am usually ok when I am busy so I guess that's the key. I'm hoping to move up to 810 at the end of June which should help.
I guess it's worth a little pain now - it's nothing compared to spending the rest of our lives with the misery of obesity.

I know that flat feeling and it will pass Daisy65 and I hope it passes for you soon hun. There are so many supportive members on here so your not alone in this and we are here if you need to rant or just say how your feeling xxx

Back