Feeling really strange today - scared!

milli

Hi everyone

When I went to bed last night I felt really strange - tight chested, faint etc
Now I am really concerned as to what is wrong with me, still don't feel right today.
And to make it worse I feel hungry :eek:
Why oh why?
Is this just me going to the gym and doing too much on the program or should I be concerned?
My workmate says it sounds like a panic attack which I have never had but I am rather stressed at work.
I know you shouldn't listen to gloom and doom but my other work mate read THE Daily Mail article and is now very worried about me!
Any advice would be welcome.
Milli x

Last edited:
Hi Milli

It doesn't sound right to me. Nothing about the LL diet should give you chest pains, a feeling of tight-chestedness or breathing difficulty. Light-headedness is experienced by some due to over-exertion or standing up quickly after a hot bath etc.

Suggest you see a doctor and get checked out.

If you are doing a lot of exercise, maybe ease off this until you are further into the programme. xx

hi there
sorry to hear you are feeling bad.
how much excercise are you doing?
i cut right back to just swimming a couple of times a week when on LL.
if you are still feeling bad and you think you have overdone it i would take it easy for a while - you will have lots of time to excercise once you are eating again. just stick to walking and try get your 10,000 steps a day, thats enough for now in my opinion.

maybe a visit to the docs might be a good idea if you continue feeling strange - LL shouldn't make you feel bad.

daisy x

Hi Milli,

I suffer with panic attacks and have done for quite some time. Even so, I still feel very strange sometimes and have the tight chested and faint feelings ~ even though I know i suffer with anxiety, I still panic if I suddenly feel something is not right.

I am not suggesting it was or was not a panic attack, as only your Dr can tell you, but after I read the daily Mail stuff, i suffered quite badly as I was expecting something to be wrong. Do you think you have the worries in the back of your mind and you are secretly panicking?

My advice, if you are tight chested, get yourelf to A&E...there is no queue when someone has chest pains as you are a priority. They will chack your stats and do an ECG to check your heart rate.
It willl tell them if you are ill immediately.

If it IS anxiety, they will also tell you, and they will not judge you for going to see them as they see it all the time.
( I know this from my own experience).

If you are found to be suffering from panic attacks, your Dr will then help you with medication, counselling, or both.

Better safe I always say. xx :)

Thanks everyone
Feeling a bit better tonight - just slightly groggy!
Still a bit tight chested but no pains at all.
I have been going to the gym 3 times a week but I did kind of push myself last night so i think I'll give it a miss for a few days.
If I feel poorly tomorrow morning i will go to the doctors before work.
Beginning to think I have just got myself stressed out!
It was really strange though that I felt hungry for the first time in weeks.
Been good though - still going strong.
Thank you for all your advice.

Milli x

Hey Milli,
Sorry to hear you are feeling off .. take care of yourself &, as you say, maybe ease of the exercise for a while ... big hug :grouphugg:
yoyo
xx

Milli - calm down! I think you are making yourself anxious.
The advice is not to do much exercise while you are on abstinence.
If you are having around 500 calories per day and you start burning up calories doing exercise, what will the result be?
Not enough energy to keep your body going properly.
Daisy is right, concentrate on the steps for now. Re- introduce the gym gradually
after you have finished abstinence.
The Daily Mail article is not relating to your situation.But, the unfortunate lady who died thought she could lose more weight more quickly if she did extra -
doesn't work.
I'm glad you are feeling better. Take it gently. You'll get there. xx

Just a point to note - my losses have picked up the last few weeks while I have done next to NO exercise. Strange huh.

Hey Milli

Sorry to hear you had a bad turn. Everyone has given you great advice. I too have suffered from panic attacks and still do - although weirdly a lot less since I have gained some confidence from loosing weight - or maybe it is because I am learning to stress less!! It does sound similar to one, but I would follow the advice given - cut back on the excersise and go straight to a&e if you are concerned or feel like that agian- it really was an awful feeling, first time it happened to me I thought I was dying!!

Be kind to yourself hun, have some rest, take care of you.

Jez
xx

Thanks everyone for your advice once again - where would I be without it ??
Also for your hug and support it is a really big help.
Feeling great today, must have just got myself totally stressed out.
I haven't been to the gym since, but when i do I will take it a lot easier I promise. :innocent0002:

Milli x

Glad you're much better Milli. It must be all the cyber hugs everyone sent xx :)

Back