Feeling rotten.....still UPDATE, I'M BACK!!

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
So this is my 7th day on Exante Total Solution and i'm still feeling like cr*p, i have a constant headache, tried taking some strong pain killers but nothing worked. Still feeling quite hungry even though i'm in ketosis. How does that work??? Ended up splitting my packs which did help actually. I pressume it is ok to do that.
In the end i went to bed at 8.30pm last night because i felt so rough and tired.

Although my resolve is strong again today i seriously thought about eating yesterday. I thought i'd give it a few more days and see how i feel...maybe it's taking me a long while to detox? I just don't remember feeling this rough when i was doing Cambridge...but i'm not knocking Exante, i don't know how much the formulas differ.

Anyway i've ramble enough now. I still feel very motivated and i haven't cheated once. Not even when i cooked a delicious looking Roast beef with all the trimmings last night for the family, followed by apple crumble:drool:.
I have loads to look forward to this year, including a week holiday in cornwall with my 3 kiddies and my mum, a 3 night romantic break to Barcelona with DH, and our first holiday abroad as a family to Lanzarote. I want to be healthy for them all and run along the beach with them without all my excess weight holding me back.

I actually feel a lot better for writing (typing) it all down.

xx

Ah Dreamingmaid, sorry to hear that you are still suffering. Are you getting your water down?

I have to say that I felt awful for the first 10 days I would say. I was a real carb junkie before starting and drank gallons of tea everyday, so I think it took me a long time to detox. I found that when I had a headache, it was best to have my water at room temp, rather than cold.

Once the detox finally went away I was much better. Also it can take your body a couple of weeks to fully settle down in ketosis. Again, I found water really helped to fight this.

It sounds like you have your head in the right place for this, which is fantastic, as you know that you want to be healthy and happy. Hang in there for a few more days and see how you get on.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss any details and I will do all I can to help you.

Ah thanks Sarah, your reply really helps.
I manage to drink at least 4 litres of water a day, and i have done from the start, so i don't think that water is the problem, i also have extra fluid from black coffee.
Room temp water sounds like a good idea, i'll give that a whirl if i still feel rough.
I'll definately stick with it for a while, afterall i bought 8 weeks worth lol! Maybe it's taking me a lot longer to detox, like you i was a carb junkie, but i did cut down a bit before i started total solution, perhaps not enough though.
It's my weigh in tomorrow so i'm really looking forward to seeing what i've lost.

Thanks for your help Sarah

So this is my 7th day on Exante Total Solution and i'm still feeling like cr*p, i have a constant headache, tried taking some strong pain killers but nothing worked. Still feeling quite hungry even though i'm in ketosis. How does that work??? Ended up splitting my packs which did help actually. I pressume it is ok to do that.
In the end i went to bed at 8.30pm last night because i felt so rough and tired.

Although my resolve is strong again today i seriously thought about eating yesterday. I thought i'd give it a few more days and see how i feel...maybe it's taking me a long while to detox? I just don't remember feeling this rough when i was doing Cambridge...but i'm not knocking Exante, i don't know how much the formulas differ.

Anyway i've ramble enough now. I still feel very motivated and i haven't cheated once. Not even when i cooked a delicious looking Roast beef with all the trimmings last night for the family, followed by apple crumble:drool:.
I have loads to look forward to this year, including a week holiday in cornwall with my 3 kiddies and my mum, a 3 night romantic break to Barcelona with DH, and our first holiday abroad as a family to Lanzarote. I want to be healthy for them all and run along the beach with them without all my excess weight holding me back.

I actually feel a lot better for writing (typing) it all down.

xx

I felt like this for the first 2 weeks when I done the Cambridge but when this settled down I felt full of energy, my house had never been so clean :p I also felt quite liberated (not sure if that's the correct way to describe how I felt, but not sure how else to express it).
I'm on day 4 at the moment and feeling as you are, but I'm OK because I know before long I'll have that euphoric feeling back again. You could try having a small low carb meal at tea time as Sarah does, it certainly doesn't affect her losses. As soon as your feeling better you could then switch back to total solutions.
I agree that it seems your head is in the right place, which in my opinion is the absolute key to success on this diet. I take my hat off to you for managing to cook a roast without caving in. That's real willpower when your feeling rubish :)

Lanzarote is one of my favourite places (along with Florida) We fell in love with it when we went, what part are you going to?

Hi Jaybar,

We are going to Playa Blanca, it seems like a quieter part of the Island and good for families, i've never been to Lanzarote before so i'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks for the advice, it's reassuring to know that i'm not the only one suffering.
I must say today has been equally as bad, i took my children out for a long walk but i felt so bad (hungry/headachey) i came back and slept for two hours!

Sarah, I'm thinking about maybe going on the Working solution where you include a low carb meal in the evening.
My concern is that it will make me feel even hungrier, do you remain in ketosis whilst on the working solution?
Also i notice that you have 2 exante meals and a low carb meal, but i thought you were meant to have 3 exantes and a meal? Do you still feel well having just the 2? And the obvious question, are your losses still good?

Still haven't made up my mind what to do, may just ride it out and see if i feel better on total solution, but i'd quite like to keep my options open.

I do have 3 Exante meals on Working. I just don't tend to post them on the Atkins board.

I do the following:

9am: Shake
1.30ish: Soup
6.30ish: Dinner
9pm: Bar

It spreads it out over the day then. If I am hungry in the afternoon, I have have half the bar and half in the evening.

I don't feel hungry. I get normal hunger leading up to meal times, but that's fine. I try to drink most of my water between 7am and 7pm. That keeps me full up too.

So long as you stick to the veggies allowed, you should stay in ketosis on working. I have done. I have slipped out a few times when I have been out for a meal and had too much salad, but am back in the next day.

I love the working solution as it's the perfect half way measure.

I would give it a go. You can always go back to total if you don't get on with it.

Just make sure you stick to your 1000 cals per day and fill up on veggies in the evening.

Just thought i'd give a little update on me.
Well, i have had to stop doing Exante, the headaches i was getting got so bad and it spread through my neck and shoulders, it was extremely intense, which i knew was more than just detoxing. To cut a long story short i had to overnight in hospital because my blood pressure was sky high and along with my headaches and neck and shoulders it was appropriate that i discontinued the diet which i am sad about but obviously my health is paramount.
I will see how i feel over the next few weeks and decide whether to restart or not.

Good luck to everyone. I'll pop in and see your progresses

xx

Well, i have had to stop doing Exante, the headaches i was getting got so bad and it spread through my neck and shoulders, it was extremely intense, which i knew was more than just detoxing. To cut a long story short i had to overnight in hospital because my blood pressure was sky high and along with my headaches and neck and shoulders it was appropriate that i discontinued the diet which i am sad about but obviously my health is paramount.
I will see how i feel over the next few weeks and decide whether to restart or not.

xx

Dreamingmaid, sorry to hear about your health problems, hope you'll be feeling better soon. Was it linked to the diet or just happened to coincide?
Anyway, look after yourself...do try and keep us updated. Relax this weekend, if you can.....I know what it's like having 3 kids LOL. :hug99:

PS congratulations on the weight loss.

xx

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, dreamingmaid. :(

You're right. Health is more important. Get that sorted out and then think about the weight loss.

I am trying TS again (starting today). I'm doing 4 packs this time around. I did 3 packs last time and felt horrible. So I am hoping 4 packs is easier to stick to!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Sorry to hear you were so unwell Dreamingmaid. Have you suffered with high blood pressure before?

If you do consider restarting, I would suggest you check with your doc first. High blood pressure is something that should always be checked out before embarking on any kind of low calorie diet.

I hope that you have a relaxing weekend and that the headaches subside soon. Take care of yourself and pop back to chat.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your kind replies. Just wanted to reassure everyone that my health problems were'nt anything to do with the diet so don't worry. I had a very bad fall down some stairs a few weeks back and hit my head quite badly, doctors seem to think the headaches all stem from that and the high blood pressure was due to the stress of the pain i was in.
I'm still getting the headaches but no where near as bad as last week.

Hope u are all well, perhaps i'll join you again soon

xx

Hi Dreamingmaid. Glad to hear that the headaches are getting better. Sounds like it was a nasty fall.

And a HUGE well done on losing 11lbs in your first week. That is truly fantastic. I hope you will be able to get back on it when you are better as you were doing so well.

By the way i lost 11 pounds in my first week on Exante!!

Omg, dreamingmaid! Well done for losing 11 lbs in your 1st week! Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?!

Have a great 2nd week! :D

Hi all,
Well, i've had a break from Exante and the headaches have improved with the help of painkillers, also my blood pressure has gone back down so i'm really pleased with that.
I must admit, i missed being on the diet. I low carb'd for the time i was off it and gained 1 lb, not back considering you tend to lose mostly water in the first week.

So, i have decided to go on the Working Solution. Today was my first day and at the moment i feel totally satisfied....just had some chicken and salad leaves followed by a bar and a cup of coffee, felt like i'd had a nice big meal.

Hope everyone is well
xx

Oh DM, that's really good news. The working solution is fab as you get the best of both worlds. If you want some ideas on what I eat, have a look through the "what are we eating today" thread on the Atkins board. You can have all sort of different veggies and do them all different ways. You are going to love it.

Aw, thanks Sarah, it's good to be back. Although i'm desperate to lose weight, i'm now not too worried about how long it takes, part of the reason why i switched to WS, i know you have had fantastic losses on WS and i hope i have similar success, if not i'll just have to take the scenic route lol, there's no way i could stick to a conventinal diet.
I'll have a peak at the Atkins board for some tips. Thanks

You should still have good losses on WS. I have lost between 10 - 14lbs per month on it and enjoyed eating nice food.

Really great to see you back and feeling better! That must have been very scary.

I want to do Total Solution for as long as I can manage then go onto Working but I want to lose about 9 stone so need a boost to get me going!

Keep us upto date with how you are going.

Love Becky x

Hi all,
Well, i've had a break from Exante and the headaches have improved with the help of painkillers, also my blood pressure has gone back down so i'm really pleased with that.
I must admit, i missed being on the diet. I low carb'd for the time i was off it and gained 1 lb, not back considering you tend to lose mostly water in the first week.

So, i have decided to go on the Working Solution. Today was my first day and at the moment i feel totally satisfied....just had some chicken and salad leaves followed by a bar and a cup of coffee, felt like i'd had a nice big meal.

Hope everyone is well
xx

Hi DM lovely to have you back :party0011:. Enjoy WS, I'm looking forward to hat day in the future when I swap over LOL

Back