Feeling Sad :(

Looks really good fun.

Thanks peggypig :) I am happy with how my wedding plans are going, i'm not having anything formal and it's what WE want, i'd have married him the day after we met if i could have! He is my world and i love him with ALL of my heart and i couldn't find any man more perfect x

That is why it will be a perfect day not because you didnt have thousands to spend Have a wonderful day and a very happy life together!!!:D:bestwishes:

I can understand how you feel but I'm sure your wedding will be fab.
If you still have thinks on your list that need to be sorted, why not post them here and everyone can tell you if they have any ideas or money saving tips for them?

Your friend might have a bigger budget, but I'm certain she won't have this much support x

What I don't understand is how they managed to stop the eagles flying away with the rings!!

A wedding should be about the people getting married, and their friends and family witnessing their marriage.

If people want to spend loads then that's their choice; what is sad, I think, is that some people see it as a competition and end up spending too much and getting into debt as a result.

It's not about the money, it's about the love. And you seem to have plenty of that!

Hey , to me it sounds like your wedding is going to be fantastic whatever the budget and you really dont need to worry about your friends !!!

We got married last year and my brother got married 3 weeks before us , they had a 25k budget , and we had £1200 !! I can honestly say we had far more fun that they did ! They spent the entire day worrying about everything going right .. and we just enjoyed ours !!

We had a small do , with 35 guests ( including a life sized spnge bob squarepants ...) , I wore a purple dress , my bridesmaids were in white , we had the most amazing spongebob wedding cake , we found a poem for our invites indicating that we didnt need gifts but if anyone would like to contribute to our 'honey moon ' then they were welcome ... we spent 4 days in London , seeing shows and having fun for free :D
.... basically we had the day for US not for everyone else , and it was the most amazing day of my life , spent with the most important people in my life .. not a loud of people i wanted to show off to :)

My brothers wedding was nice .. but it just didnt seem 'personal' , it could have been anyones wedding , but we made our day individual and injected our personalities into it ... it was amazing :D

An expensive wedding means nothing , its the marriage that counts , not how much you spend on one day ... you enjoy your day and dont compare it to anything , it was be amazing :D

Afternoon ladies, thanks for all the advise and support, it's been lovely reading all of your comments, i'll be sure to post if i need any tips :) i have been scouring the internet to look for my bargains and am so pleased with what i have found! I also managed to get a tax rebate, although not a big amount of money, it's that extra little bit that i needed to finish paying for my flowers, which are all nearly done already! I like planning early lol

fillymum, when do you get married? Have you ordered your dress yet? The people from the website you gave me are based in China cos i was looking at their facebook page :) did you get a chance to look at the page i suggested?

On another note, the other bride in my life (lol) is now thinking of having silver hearts at her wedding as decoration, i've already got my white ones to hang on my centre pieces :)

Everything feels a lot more positive, especially now as i spoke to her and told her of my concerns! We're even going to go to a wedding show together, even though i don't need anything in particular from one, but it's nice to be nosey!
xx

There are some wonderful idea's on here! If I hadn't got married 10 years ago Thursday and had a wonderful low budget wedding I'd almost want to do it again! :p

Glad to see as reading through that you are feeling more positive about your do! Bet it will be fab!
Like many of the others mentioned ours was great and those that were there said what a great time they had etc x

Back