Feeling sorry for myself with massive doubts

Hi there
I'm a new member and have found this site to be brilliant and I hate to bring the really positive mood down, but need to share this..:sigh: I have just cooked Sunday dinner for the family, couldn't eat anything myself of course (on 7th day of SS), starting to feel really miserable. Massive doubts about whether this diet is going to work. How can drinking sweet milkshakes re-educate me into eating a healthy diet and remaining slim for years to come. Reassuring words would be so welcome!!:(

Chin up! I think the reason people are re-educated on this diet is that it makes you realise the size of the food portions you used to eat. On this diet you eat miniscule amounts yet you usually dont feel hungry also because you are getting good nutrients from the shakes and bars etc people find their mood is better and they have more energy as opposed to feeling tired and sluggish from all the fat you normally consume so it makes you want to eat healthier when you start eating again.

Hiya Alexandria :)

Firstly well done!! The diet is so easy from here on in and the fun really begins :)

In answer to your question then the diet is a tool to get slim, it isn't a lifestyle choice and won't keep you slim if you go back and eat what you have before.

Therefore use the diet as a tool for getting slimmer and healthier and then you need to go onto phase 2 which is maintaining which requires a different skill set but with the same focus and determination that you have proven you have to reduce in the first place.

It can be done and if you want it then you will do it :)

Mike

Oh my Mike. I was going to say exactly the same thing! How strange...or is it? :D

Thanks guys, actually feeling a bit better now. Got over my sulks, lol. Just looked at the slide show and am amazed. Just going to have my tea, now which shake shall i have!

Hi Alexandria

I feel the diet really helped me by giving me a break from food for a while and I completely changed my diet when I started eating again. I could never have changed my eating habits without the break and the fantastic weight loss! Keep it up!

I agree - the diet gives you the opportunity to get slim. Once you have made all that effort you won't want to give that up and as you have been coping without certain foods and sizes of portions you will know not to go back to them. Good luck and enjoy those shakes - I like to have a chocolate one each evening!

It's not forever :) you have to keep that in mind.

The higher plans on CD, followed properly, re-educate you into a low GI, healthy diet.
So as long as you don't miss them out you should maintain fine!

Chin up :)

x

Hi there
I'm a new member and have found this site to be brilliant and I hate to bring the really positive mood down, but need to share this..:sigh: I have just cooked Sunday dinner for the family, couldn't eat anything myself of course (on 7th day of SS), starting to feel really miserable. Massive doubts about whether this diet is going to work.

Oh Alexandria, it WILL work, and really quickly too. Weightloss methods like Cambridge work to burn up the amount of excess fat you carry, without reducing the muscle element. Ketosis causes the fat-burning to happen. It is a necessary part of the programme. The packs provide you with all the necessary nutrition you need every day, as approved by WHO.

How can drinking sweet milkshakes re-educate me into eating a healthy diet and remaining slim for years to come.

As you work through the different steps, you will slowly learn new eating habits. Being removed from food for a while is often a relief. Getting off the unrelenting merry-go-round was certainly a relief for me. Next time you feel deprived when the rest of the family are eating a meal (that you've cooked:sigh:) think to yourself 'I am doing this for my health, I'm losing all that excess (unwanted) fat which is so unhealthy. It won't be forever.'

Reassuring words would be so welcome!!:(

Read about minimins members success stories, that'll inspire you!

AJ

i know where you are coming from on the roast front for the first time in ages my yorkies rose my potatoes crisped smelt devine didnt have a mouthful and i made choc cake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I thought the same when I started but after a few weeks, knowing exactly what you can have takes away a lot of the time otherwise spent on planning what you'll eat next (cos you know it's a shake).....I started on SS+ so had a very small meal and now am on 810 (slightly bigger meal plus 3 CDs) and I feel lighter, walk taller, get more compliments, fit into old clothes, enjoy shopping and best of all realise the huge amount I used to eat, so feel that I'm re-educating myself as I work up through the plans. Stick with it, it get so much easier after the first week. :)

Alexandria, I really started to believe in this at my weigh in this week - on day 15. It does work. I am committing myself to smaller portion sizes for ever and I have asked friends and family to rally round and support me in this. So far they have. Take each day at a time. I did a lot of housework the 1st week!!! I hadn't gone back to work at that point. Give it at least 2 weeks and watch the scales move. Come on here as often as you need to. I find it helps even if it is for 5 mins and join a team if you can.
p.s. I used to work in Rottingdean.

Back