Feeling STUCK...WHAT MORE CAN I DO

CeeCee786 said:
Your weight loss is amazing...do you count calories/sat fat/sugars???? xxx

Thank you! Just calories. I've gradually tried to "clean up" my eating over time, so I do now eat a lot more fruit, veg, nuts etc. I try to snack on those sorts of things rather than crisps or anything, but I'm no paragon of healthy eating - queen of the ready meal, that's me, lol. I could never do low carb, love my potatoes too much! I do try to keep lowish fat, because of the Orlistat, but it's calories I pay most attention to. :) xx

Thank you! Just calories. I've gradually tried to "clean up" my eating over time, so I do now eat a lot more fruit, veg, nuts etc. I try to snack on those sorts of things rather than crisps or anything, but I'm no paragon of healthy eating - queen of the ready meal, that's me, lol. I could never do low carb, love my potatoes too much! I do try to keep lowish fat, because of the Orlistat, but it's calories I pay most attention to. :) xx

I love potatoes....well chips with any and every thing lol. How many calories do you have a day????

p.s I'm in bed with choc orange option drink ooooooohhhhhh soooooooo nice you truly are my life saver:) xxx

CeeCee786 said:
I love potatoes....well chips with any and every thing lol. How many calories do you have a day????

p.s I'm in bed with choc orange option drink ooooooohhhhhh soooooooo nice you truly are my life saver:) xxx

I'm doing 1,600 at the moment - I've been as low as 1,400 for quite a while, but decided to up it a bit after Christmas - I'll see how I go at this level.

Hope you enjoyed your Options - I've had the coconut one tonight! Going to watch Supersize Vs Superskinny in a while, which is recording on my Sky+ at the moment - programmes like that help inspire me to stay on the straight and narrow, lol. :) xx

I'm doing 1,600 at the moment - I've been as low as 1,400 for quite a while, but decided to up it a bit after Christmas - I'll see how I go at this level.

Hope you enjoyed your Options - I've had the coconut one tonight! Going to watch Supersize Vs Superskinny in a while, which is recording on my Sky+ at the moment - programmes like that help inspire me to stay on the straight and narrow, lol. :) xx

1400 sounds like loads.....I have just found out that maybe why I haven't lost in the last week and a half is because I have not had enough calories. On mfp I should be having 1200 or 1500 when I do my exercise I have been around the 1000 or under thinking I would loose more, but don't want to go over the sugar in carbs. But can't keep to the sugar limit without being under my calories :confused:

CeeCee786 said:
1400 sounds like loads.....I have just found out that maybe why I haven't lost in the last week and a half is because I have not had enough calories. On mfp I should be having 1200 or 1500 when I do my exercise I have been around the 1000 or under thinking I would loose more, but don't want to go over the sugar in carbs. But can't keep to the sugar limit without being under my calories :confused:

My advice would be not to overthink it in terms of sugar/carbs etc., but concentrate on calories. This is just my personal opinion of course, and is what works for me. And yes, you probably do need to up your calories - go onto one of the online calculators for TDEE and see what it says for your age, activity level, weight etc., I'm sure it'll be way more than you're having. I do zero exercise and have never gone lower than 1,400, to give you an idea. :) xx

My advice would be not to overthink it in terms of sugar/carbs etc., but concentrate on calories. This is just my personal opinion of course, and is what works for me. And yes, you probably do need to up your calories - go onto one of the online calculators for TDEE and see what it says for your age, activity level, weight etc., I'm sure it'll be way more than you're having. I do zero exercise and have never gone lower than 1,400, to give you an idea. :) xx

Your so lucky not to have to exercise, I'm gonna give it a go and stick to calorie counting and the 15g rule with the xenical.

But I'm so scared because I went out tonight for dinner and had a small 1/2 chicken, rice and a spoonful of coleslaw. I came home and entered on mfp I used nando's entries as the food was the same as theres.......and had a shock horror that the fat came up to 37g (I even included the 2 bites of pizza).

I'm sooooooo dreading tomorrow, after hearing so many horror stories of over eating. :sigh:

If only I could turn the clock back

Lol, it's not so much that I don't have to exercise, rather that I can't due to chronic health problems, but I get by ok. :) Hope you don't get any consequences from your meal out - you may not, everyone's different, I can actually eat quite badly without anything happening, but not everyone can. I've had a shockingly bad day today, diet wise, as I was on a training course and they gave us loads of sweets, cakes and biscuits (which I decided not to resist!). Think I've got sugar poisoning, lol. But I haven't taken any Xen today, so will hopefully survive!! :) xx

Lol, it's not so much that I don't have to exercise, rather that I can't due to chronic health problems, but I get by ok. :) Hope you don't get any consequences from your meal out - you may not, everyone's different, I can actually eat quite badly without anything happening, but not everyone can. I've had a shockingly bad day today, diet wise, as I was on a training course and they gave us loads of sweets, cakes and biscuits (which I decided not to resist!). Think I've got sugar poisoning, lol. But I haven't taken any Xen today, so will hopefully survive!! :) xx

Oh what a day...I was so happy when my boss called this morning and said I had to work from home as the internet was down in the office.....So glad I was at home I suffered soooooo bad from last night it was unbelievable there is noting left in me now lol. On top of the Xen I also took x2 sennakot as I was really bloated last night. I will never eat like that again I suffered all day. To top it of I had a bag of cheese and onion crisps at lunch and didn't realise how much fat is actually in them so that didn't help either today. But hey you live and you learn. I added my options drink for tonight to mfp (gonna try the caramel one I couldn't find coconut) But I still have 346 cals left for the day...I bought a pack of Morrision's Apple and Raisin on the slices they are so yummy you have 3 slices in a pack each slice is 57cals 4.4g of sugar 1g of fat and a trace of sat fat. Times by 3 would help my cals go up but so would the fat. So I just don't win:confused:

xx

Oops! Sorry you had such a bad reaction - at least now you know what can happen and why the tablets encourage people to stay on the straight and narrow!! Hope it's all out of your system now and you can write it off as a learning experience. :) xx

Hmm. Well I can tell you the sorts of snacks I eat. A 200g snackpot of pineapple with a Shape yogurt - 170 cals; 45g bag of Tesco mixed fruit and nuts - 225 cals; 2 or 3 Tesco choc chip digestives - 80 cals each; Brazil Nut and Dark Choc Eat Natural bar - 153 cals; small pack of dried apricots - 70 cals; Alpen Light bars - 70 cals; Belvita biscuits - 230 cals for 4. I'm sure some of the other Xen takers on here could suggest better things, but these are what I have the most! :) xx

Thank u for taking the time to compile that list....some of those I have but I'm worried about how much sugar I'm having some of those do have abit of sugar xxx

I've given up processed foods and most sugars for most of the time. For snacks I have grilled chicken, blueberries and rocket or some berries and tinned grapefruit in juice, nuts (part of the fat binds to the fibre so not all absorbed into your stomach), beef jerky, pickled onions and red cabbage, ham roll ups - low fat cream cheese, fresh chives, diced tomato wrapped in a slice of ham. Once I've cut the sugar for 2 days then I stop craving/wanting it so it's not even like I feel deprived. I have a "day off" when I feel I need it.
There are lots of options once you stop thinking of traditional snacks.

My weakness is my sweet tooth I'm not a savoury person at all. Before I decided to loose weight I would rather skip dinner or eat a little so I could have cake with custard.

CeeCee786 said:
My weakness is my sweet tooth I'm not a savoury person at all. Before I decided to loose weight I would rather skip dinner or eat a little so I could have cake with custard.

I do have a sweet tooth as well! That's why most of my snacks are sweet, lol. Love something sweet with my coffee, and drink a lot of coffee (though I try to have at least half of my mugs of coffee on their own). I've just tried to make it healthier sweet stuff where I can, like fresh and dried fruit - not perfect but much better than I used to be! :) xx

I think I will start sticking to fruits.....Even though I just bought a load of weight watchers biscuits and a packet of their lemon slices....Juat for that odd sweet treat lol xxx

Back