feeling very down:(

slimwannabe

Silver Member
Sorry just need to get it off my chest just how miserable I am feeling.

Have so far lost 69lbs and am really pleased with my loss so why do I still feel rubbish??

Well partly because I went away for the weekend with hubby (1st time in 11 years without the kids), breakfast and evening meal was included and sat eves was 4 course dinner,sun was 3 course.
Ate like a horse 1st day and got less over day 2 and 3.
Didn't eat all of starters on 2nd nite,barely touched main and had pavlova for dessert.

Main prob is I haven't stopped picking since coming home,am off wk this week with kids and it hasn't stopped raining. Also have slipped disc so back restricts me. Am just soo fed up I want to cry :cry:

Have had breakfast shake and a bottle of water so far but feel so cold and miserable and I know its because of the food,tastes good when eating it but seems to make me miserable for ages afterwards.

Please help me by giving me a huge kick up the bum and a telling off????

Well done to all who are on track and sorry for the babble xxx

Hey Natalie, is no wonder you are feeling low hun. It is horrible when it is raining and you can't get the kids out, means we are stuck in the house where the food is and the kids are probably bored and bickering too. As for the slipped disk, that sounds painful, are you taking analgesics for the pain?

Do you think you are sub-consciously feeling that due to eating on your weekend away you ahve let yourself down? Am not saying you ahve in any way, so please don't think that. I know that when I ahve blipped, even if planned, I have then felt really low afterwards.

You have had an amazing weight loss so far and should be really proud of your acheivements. If I can lose what you ahve lost I will be over the moon.

Is hard to get back onto the plan when you ahve slipped for a few days, do you think you are not in 'the zone'? Might it be better to wait until the kids are back at school to get back onto the plan properly? Not saying stuff yourself, just to be careful and not to beat yourself up over eating until you can focus on it properly.

Hugs hun, just remember how much you have acheived. Look at some before pics and help that spur you on.

Charlie xx

Ok.

So you went off track. BAD GIRL!!!

Ok, you went away and had a nice weekend away so NOW you get back on track and lose the rest of what you need to.

Keep going girl!

I have some of those Lavender and Wheat bags - they microwave in 1min 20secs and are lovely and soothing. Why dont you treat yourself? May cheer you up!

CHin up and back on track!

Hi Natalie, don't feel bad hun, you have done so well. It is so very hard to eat and not feel guilty afterwards when you have done cd for a while. It's like you have got used to being so strict with yourself on cd that when it comes to a situation like your weekend away it is virtually impossible not to feel guilty afterewards. However in the grand scheme of things one weekend isn't going to hurt it is your eating habbits after the weekend has finished that can be damaging. As you say you can't stop picking since you have been back and it's probably because you think you have blown it anyway so whats the point -that's how I used to get anyway. The point is you havn't blown it, it was a one off weekend away with Hubby and after losing 69lbs you shouldn't beat yourself up -easier said than done I know. It's really important to get your head back in the right place and get your bum back in gear now though and think with a cd head again. You can do it, losing 69lbs wasn't easy so you have shown yourself you have the willpower to do it and with 8lb left to goal you should be very proud of yourself. Chin up sweetie and steam roll for the finish line now xx

Ok hun your have had a weekend away... you enjoyed yourself, STOP feeling bad about it. We all have planned blips and enjoy our selves from time to time hun so please stop worrying about it. What you need to worry about is if YOU dont get back onto CD. So from now you start a fresh and get the rest of your weight off hun. You are doing awazing and are a real insperation to me. I have around 140lb left to lose and the ammount you have lost is amazing and is keeping ME going hun..

Come on you can do it :D Now Smile and start this as Day 1 again :D xxxx

Thanks and you all have valid points.

I am just having a 'i feel fat week' and a bad urge to eat an ything and everything in sight. Not good I know.

Am due to see CD 2moro and am dreading it as if I have a gain I always feel like I'm letting her and everyone else down.

And your right I am far from being in the zone at the mo and am struggling to get back into it,is hard as When you get so close to goal you always find you justify yourself or having others around you justifying you and telling you you deserve to eat as you have come so far. This is where the danger is though and I am already dreading when and if I get to 10 10 as I have to start eating every day.

Food for me really is an all or nothing thing so until i can change that then I am worried nothing is ever really going to change.

Stuck in a rut really aren't I??

Oh and Charley my back has been bad since sept but has been getting worse,have had epidural jabs but didn't work so am now on waiting list for an mri scan which can take another 4 weeks!!

Am just struggling with everything at the mo,back,kids,food,weight,lack of money and the list goes on really.

Sorry I am being so miserable peeps x

Oh hunni, you have every right to be miserable. Think I would have eaten the whole contents of Tescos if I was in constant pain. Can you not get onto your consultants secretary and see if they can speed MRI up. I did this for my dad when he was waiting and it did get things through a little wuicker I think.

hugs. Charlie xx

Hi Charley

No unfortunately you have to wait on the nhs,I have had to go though physio,acupuncture,osteopathy and the epidural,oh and several different types of drugs. Several of which you are suppose to have with food or I can't take them because they make you very sleepy. As my 2 youngest children (5 and 1) still wake in the night and hubby is postie so am most of time on my own with kids at night.Can't take risk of not waking for them so generally don't take tablets often.
Thing is i work in an office and its the sitting that is the main problem for me,have been on reduced hrs but they are increasing and am really struggling with it.

Arrrggh is so annoying,think i just need to see my cd tomorrow and get back on the wagon,think i will leave it till mon though as kids back at school and i'm back at work.

I see you have 63lbs to go,keep going and youll be reaping the benefits come summer time,its the point i'm looking forward to now!! xx

oh dear. i felt the same this week i still do today. i think sometimes we give ourselves too hard a time, i am always told to just stop being so hard on myself. its so hard though isnt it? to listen to all the advice. I have struggled this week too (wk7) but am soldiering on with shakes despite blips and feeling low. its hard when its cold and you are in pain so hats off to you girl.

dont want to be hypocritical and give you advice which i dot follow myself. all i will say is what i have said to myself and that is that i need to stop focussing on weigh in day every week. CD is a journey and there are bad weeks, so if i sts this week then i can make up for it next week.... give yourself a break, you deserve it! take care hun

It definately makes things harder when as you say people tell you to go ahead and the "you don't need to lose anymore" comments. I know they mean well but it really can throw your focus off. I hope your mri appointment comes through soon and you can get something sorted for your back. Have a good chat with your cdc tomorrow hun. Wishing you all the best xx.

Back