Feeling very low this evening!

Hi Hun! I just want to echo what everyone else has said. Try not to let the negatives swamp you. I recently saw a photo of me & I cried. I kno I'm big, but like you said sometimes I forget HOW big. The thing is to pick yourself up when u feel down! Try and use the photos as a tool to spur you on & remember the things that made you want to lose weight in the first place.
Good luck to you! I hope you're feeling better. Ccxx

Oh lovely, I totally hear you. I get myself dressed in the morning, look in the mirror to check I'm ok but it's almost as if I don't look properly. It isn't until I see photos of myself, especially at various angles that I hadn't noticed before, that I realise my size. So you're not alone. You're also not alone in the battle of the pounds. All of us here understand where you're coming from because we all have similar stories. We can do this and every day that passes, we're one step closer to being our target weight.

Hayley xxxx

I don't untag pics of me because I've set them all to private so only I can see ANYTHING I'm tagged in.

Hate that though, being tagged is horrible if you don't like having your picture taken, it's not like you even have any control over the pics then...don't mind taking them of myself because I can pick the nice ones and choose what I show people on FB but being tagged and then having everyone be able to see...urgh!

If you go into Account > Privacy Settings then click Customise Settings. Scroll down till you see "Things Others Share" > Photos and videos I'm tagged in and click "Edit Settings". In the box that pops up click the drop down menu and choose "Custom". From there you can set it to "only me". Anything you're tagged in past, present and future will then be only visible to you in that they won't appear connected to your profile or show up on your newsfeed.

Thanks again to everyone - i can't tell you all how much better your replies made me feel last night and earlier today.

And I have another reason to feel happier - first weigh in today and I lost 8.5 pounds this week! In one week!

Am so motivated now and soon those horrid pics will be nothing more than my 'before' photos!

Well done! thats the spirit!

Fantastic!!!! That's great news! Well done xx

Totally agree about photos. I look in the mirror and I don't mind too much what I see, it may take me a while to find something nice to wear (that fits!) or a bit longer to do my make up but I'm usually happy with what I see in the mirror when I go out. Then I see the photos that are taken of me during the night and I'm completely aghast at the fat cow grinning back, I can't believe it's me!!! My xmas photos were the last straw, I was so unhappy with them :cry:

But, no more. I'm on the slimming wagon now and won't stop till I've lost the weight. I'm in it for the long haul and have given myself 7 months to loose it, 1lb at a time. Now that I've hit rock bottom, the only way is up!!! :bliss:

Well done on your weight loss .. that a brilliant start!! x

Well done you on your weight loss this week! As for the photos...tell yourself when you reach your goal all your fab slimmer photos will be up for everyone to see! And those who truly care about you will be so happy and proud of your success. I often go to sleep picturing how I will be able to fit into lovely clothes and how happy I will feel knowing what I've achieved. I have only just joined here too and the support is wonderful knowing we're all in the same boat. Use the photos as positive motivation! Good luck, I hope it goes well for you x

firstly well done on you're great start, secondly you've been given some great advice, you can always delete this person fro you're fb. (((hugs))););)

bless you, dont feel so down babes you have made the best desission you can by starting your weightloss journey, and it may be a long journey, with ups and downs but like anything worth doing its not always easy, stick with it believe in yourself and you WILL get to where YOU want to be, i joined sw in mid may 2010 and now i am 4 stone 13 pounds lighter!! have a look at everyones before and after pics they will spur u on. and most of all just stick with it and in a few months time you will be able to put a fantastic pic of youeself on facebook as a up yours to everyone :0) (((hugs)))

Well done on your loss Hun keep going!!! Xx

Well done for keeping to your diet and I think you should definitley use those photos to motivate you to stick to your healthy eating plan. Similar thing happened to me I was obese due to an underactive thyroid condition and my 'evil aunt' (my mum has two sisters - one is evil and the other one is an angel) took pictures of me at a wedding and decided to show everyone and comment how fat I was - luckily my 'angel aunt' confiscated them and gave them to my mum. Not a nice thing when you're 15 obese and insecure about your looks because all your friends are a size 8 and you're squeezing into an size 20 school skirt. I got diagnosed as hypothyroid and lost 7st 4 in 5 months - 10 years later I still look at those photo's to remind myself of how far I've come. Just imagine how gorgeous your photo's will be by next new years eve if you stick with it....xx

Last edited:
Back