Feeling very pleased with myself!! A brag!

Hi Chris
I think you are amazing for managing to stick to SS on your hols.

It's made me think about how husbands always say they support the diet 100% but do little to actually help. I stopped smoking last July and my husband continued to smoke - but does say he's proud of me for quitting. Now I'm dieting I still shop for and make all the meals for the family. I actually find it theraputic because the smells of bacon cooking etc is enough ( if you know what I mean). I decided to go running over the summer three times a week to get healthy. My husband said he'd come with me and get fit too. He came twice, but my 7 year old always ran with me.

When he wanted to cut out cholesterol I started buying low fat stuff, less than 3% fat oven chips etc and thought the whole family would benefit. I made low fat alternatives to help him. Hhmmm.

Husbands eh! what would we do without them?
XX any men reading - I'm not husband bashing, I love my husband - I'm just saying they don't support in the way that most women, maybe? probably? do XX

or do they? any thoughts on this anyone?
Heffa x

Well done Chris! I managed to sit in a room full of people eating fish and chips on Friday - the smell was divine but I didn't have any.

I know its our decision to go without 'normal' food for a while, but why do men do this?! I understand that your husband needs to eat Grandma, and you did fantastic to resist, but he could have been a little sympathetic!

I agree with Heffa, when I was married (and constantly on a diet!), my husband did all the cooking. Great I thought, saves me the temptation in the kitchen. He cooked all lovely and healthy, and then dished up portions the size of a house which in effect had twice as many calories! It is quite bizarre the way that their minds work.

Well done, I'm not sure I could have been as strong in the face of 3 meals out, you stick with it!

Theresa x

I am lucky in that my husband has always done all the shopping and cooking as I always worked full time. He had to take very early retirement through ill health some years ago now so he became the house husband. As he is diabetic, he does have to eat regularly so, if this coincides with a time when we are out, there is really no choice!

He does think he is being funny, however, when he 'teases' about certain foods that he knows I like, or wafts them under my nose - and when I get cross, its my fault!! I have tried to tell him that it is unkind and unnecessary, my daughters have tried to tell him that he isn't being supportive when he does that, but he thinks he is joking!

One day, I will have the last laugh on him - when I am slim and he still has his big belly!!!

All that said, after being married for 36 years nearly, I wouldn't change him for the world!!

Chris
x

Back