Feeling very sad & despondant

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!

Well it was my 4th class WI this morning and it was a 1/2lb gain :(

i started SW online in November so in total i have lost just 9.5lb in 3 months.

i know 1/2lb isnt the end of the world, but i had given myself an extra push and started swimming for an hour 3 times a week, and i also went hungry having 3 success express days.

it seems the harder i try the harder i fail.

just feel so sad and down on myself :cry:

Hi
Sorry you are so unhappy.
I used to feel like that if I had a gain but hey we are human.
Do you write things down? If so look over it there will be a reason?
Don't beat your self up move on.
Irene

They do say that muscle weighs heavier than fat so if you have increased your excercise this may account for some of it.

Dont be dispondent, if you stick to it it will come off. ;)

Come on Hun! If you haven't exercised for a while then your muscles will be holding on to water hence the gain (happens to me every time!) The other thing is, are you eating enough food. If you're hungry I would guess not. In which case you wouldn't be losing weight because your body will be holding onto what it's got! Swapping to other bits of the programme often has this effect. Alot of the girls on here tried EE and can't get on with it, others that start on it wouldn't do anything else. I hate success express, , love green days but lose better on red.
That half pound will be gone next week. Get your tape measure out, it's more accurate than any scale! Chin up, and good luck.

Don't be annoyed at yourself! You have worked hard and it will catch up. However, I agree with Judi, you should NOT be going hungry, so maybe try eating more at meals, or snack on yogurt/fruit?
Pick yourself up and dust yourself off, you are doing great!
Also, I now go by measurments as when this happens me I get depressed and eat, so maybe you should record all your measurements and keep an eye on them so if you do have a week were you sts or gain, then you can still see yourself shrink and it will keep you motivated.
Good luck x

I find that if I only have fruit and yogurt for lunch, and go hungry, I don't lose much if anything. I eat loads, I love big meals and green days are my favourite. I haven't tried success express, I'm saving that for when I'm nearer goal. Don't go hungry, especially with all that exercise, and I'm sure your body is changing shape and converting fat to muscle even if you haven't shown such good losses. Good luck x

i completely agree with judiemac, my weigh in last week was really crap and i was so good, but when i got the tape measure out and had a quick peek ( i have decided to measure my self at the end of each month as a nice surprise - hopefully lol) i had lost 5 inch this month from my body, so that cheered me up no end, you will be surprised even if the weight loss is not what you wanted, and whats betting you have a fantastic loss next week!!

Hi Huni. Im sorry that you are feeling dispondent at the moment. Could the gain have something to do with the SE days that you did? Many be your body was getting used to the change if you hadnt done this before?
You will loose this weight in half a week at least, so dont be disappointed.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xxx

Back