feeling very unmotivated all of a sudden

lizzie0310

ive been doing cd for 6 days now and this afternoon has been hard hard hard. im tired (which always makes things 100x worse!) i was starting to think id be much better off not sticking with cd and trying weight watchers or something. after all ive gone these 6 days with out cr*p surely id be ok??
i started LL in jan of this year at around 20 stone, that lasted 10 days in which id lost 7lbs. i was really dissapointed as i was expecting way much more. Now in nov when i started CD i was 21stone 11lbs......with weight watchers in between. obviously eating doesnt make me lose weight!

i lose track of what ive had (accidentally on purpose!) and i gorge something stupid when on my own, ive always wanted someone to tell me what to do to sort my weight as i felt i didnt know where i was going wrong or why i wanted to eat such rubbish all the time and give myself such bad stomachs/feel drained with no energy/bad skin/sore feet, legs/varicoise veins/asthma/jiggly bingo wings/huge thighs,butt,belly.....the lot!

ive realised ONLY I CAN CHANGE ME

no one in the world can do anything for me to make me change my ways

i dont want to be 21 stone 11 lbs or heavier any more, I need to lose this weight and for me, it needs to be done as quickly as possible.

I need to learn to eat properly and to not use food as rewards or treats, after all food is in our everyday lives and i cant live without it so i need to learn to live with it, without making myself ill.

hopefully this will get easier and ill get more positive again but just now im fed up!

any advice or super tips would be greatly appreciated right now please!

PS Im not really complaining ann, just quietly moaning! hehe

Hi Hun

You talk so much sense but I know only too well how bloody hard it is sometimes to listen to ourselves when we're talking sense!

First time I did LL I relaxed into it and it became part of who I was...blip...getting rid of last stone and a bit is a whole new ball game!

Youre right...only WE can do it. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I AM IN CONTROL of my bodies destiny....

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN:D
WERE ALL HERE FOR SUPPORT:D
ONE DAY AT A TIME:D
EYES ON THE PRIZE;)

I understand where you are coming from. On the other hand weight has a nasty habit of creeping up on you. At my first appointment with a Consultant (at the age of 52 - better late than never!) for him to find out if there was any medical reason for my obesity, the nurse wanted to weigh me. I asked her how high the scales went, she replied up to 30 stone, no problem I replied. Well, I was 30 stone 3 lbs! At the age of 52 that is very dangerous as you can imagine. Would you ever reach that weight. I hope not, but unless you try to reduce, you never know. I know what I have written probably hits quite harshly, but who is to say what can happen. Anyway, what I am trying to say is try, just try, because it really does get easier. Your 7 lbs weight loss on LL was brilliant. Why did you think it wasn't? Don't forget water retention once a month as well that often gives us a lower loss than we hoped.
I am not on CD but Lipotrim. I caught obesity induced diabetes. On Lipotrim we are supposed to stop diabetic medications the day before starting the diet. My blood sugar readings on Lipotrim without medication are better, far better, than they were before Lipotrim with medication. My GP says my diabetes is most likely to disappear once I am slim. So please, is it such a hardship to try a vlcd. I reached ketosis on day 5 and now don't have to sleep during the day, and from about week 4 I was able to sit in my living room. Yes, I was too fat to get out of the armchair, I didn't have the strength in my arms or legs to heave myself out of the armchair, so I was practically bedridden all the time. Please, don't let it get to the state I got to. Do it for your health, and for the people you care about, do it for you.
Pam xx
MY STATISTICS
Start 9/10/06 - Age 52 - Height 5ft 5 ins - Weight 29st 4lbs
Bust 57, Waist 50, Hips 73
mid thigh 41, just below knee 31
Just above ankle 17
By the 28/11/06
Bust 50, Waist 45, Hips 70
Mid thigh 37, just below knee 29
Just above ankle 17

13/7/06 30 stone 3 lbs - BMI 70.4

5/10/06 29 stone 4 lbs - BMI 68.2 Started Lipotrim. Lost13 lbs before starting LT
20/10/06 27 stone 6 lbs - BMI 63.9
1/11/06 26 stone 11 lbs - BMI 62.4
24/11/06 26 stone 2 lbs - BMI 60.9
Next weigh ins 15/12/06 and 10/1/07

I understand where you are coming from. On the other hand weight has a nasty habit of creeping up on you. At my first appointment with a Consultant (at the age of 52 - better late than never!) for him to find out if there was any medical reason for my obesity, the nurse wanted to weigh me. I asked her how high the scales went, she replied up to 30 stone, no problem I replied. Well, I was 30 stone 3 lbs! At the age of 52 that is very dangerous as you can imagine. Would you ever reach that weight. I hope not, but unless you try to reduce, you never know. I know what I have written probably hits quite harshly, but who is to say what can happen. Anyway, what I am trying to say is try, just try, because it really does get easier. Your 7 lbs weight loss on LL was brilliant. Why did you think it wasn't? Don't forget water retention once a month as well that often gives us a lower loss than we hoped.
I am not on CD but Lipotrim. I caught obesity induced diabetes. On Lipotrim we are supposed to stop diabetic medications the day before starting the diet. My blood sugar readings on Lipotrim without medication are better, far better, than they were before Lipotrim with medication. My GP says my diabetes is most likely to disappear once I am slim. So please, is it such a hardship to try a vlcd. I reached ketosis on day 5 and now don't have to sleep during the day, and from about week 4 I was able to sit in my living room. Yes, I was too fat to get out of the armchair, I didn't have the strength in my arms or legs to heave myself out of the armchair, so I was practically bedridden all the time. Please, don't let it get to the state I got to. Do it for your health, and for the people you care about, do it for you.
Pam xx
MY STATISTICS
Start 9/10/06 - Age 52 - Height 5ft 5 ins - Weight 29st 4lbs
Bust 57, Waist 50, Hips 73
mid thigh 41, just below knee 31
Just above ankle 17
By the 28/11/06
Bust 50, Waist 45, Hips 70
Mid thigh 37, just below knee 29
Just above ankle 17

13/7/06 30 stone 3 lbs - BMI 70.4

5/10/06 29 stone 4 lbs - BMI 68.2 Started Lipotrim. Lost13 lbs before starting LT
20/10/06 27 stone 6 lbs - BMI 63.9
1/11/06 26 stone 11 lbs - BMI 62.4
24/11/06 26 stone 2 lbs - BMI 60.9
Next weigh ins 15/12/06 and 10/1/07

This is such an honest and touching post Pam, thank you for doing it.:)

I know it is going to help so many of us on here who start to struggle from time to time (me included!!)

Lacey....:D :D :D

Stick with it Lizzie I am 24 days in now and can't believe it. We all have our low moments. Right now my husband is cooking rashers in the kitchen for the mice in the shed (he always makes them rashers on a Tuesday - thats a joke)
The smell of bacon is amazing........
But I wouldn't dream of putting it in my mouth.
Today was especially hard. Youngest woke me at 5.00. I gave him a bottle but couldn't go back to sleep. Eventually got up and went to work at 6.30 this morning. Only got home at 7.00 - very tired. Lack the stamina I normally have. Only realised about half an hour ago that I have only had two shakes today........thats because of the ketosis. Hang on in there and when it kicks in its really really worth it.
You will get there.

x

BettyBoo

Omg thanks Lacey and Ann. I am just telling it how I feel. I hope people struggling can think about it. I am not trying to be a goody goody, but I think we all reach a point where we say enough is enough, and no food is worth the buzz of waking up every morning knowing that finally something is being done about the weight. And those of us on a vlcd should be so delighted that when the diet is stuck to to the letter, the weight comes off so fast. Of course, there is always the problem of maintenance. Doing a vlcd is so easy but maintaining a goal weight - that is the hardest bit. But, of course, that is no reason not to do a vlcd, because there is a chance the weight will return. The weight could even return if one loses weight on a more food based diet. But the health benefits week by week of losing is so worth it.
Pam xx

Firstly I admire your honesty Lizzie.

If CD is going to be the way forward then you HAVE to give this diet a chance to work for you! NOTHING is ever an instant fix - and I know that's what we all would love, but, sadly we know it ain't like that in real life... so... I know it is really tough at the start, and believe me, please, it WILL get easier when you see the results.. I can't believe I have stuck to it for 7 weeks!! I mean - come on! I LOVE FOOD!!! ADORE FOOD!! IT IS MY PASSION!!! Food has been my best friend and worst enemy for the last 30 odd years! (I'm 43) I have turned to food for my comfort in every emotional and stressful part of my life EXCEPT for the last 7 weeks!

This diet CAN and WILL work for YOU! But you are the one in charge of it, not the other way around... 6 days is not giving it a fair crack (in my opinion) , that's just pants.. sorry, but I speak it how it is. If you TRULY want to lose your weight then you will do so. If you don't then you won't, it is as black and white as that. It IS, precisely as you have said - ENTIRELY your call.

You are a very brave woman for posting such an honest piece of writing - you are facing your demons head on and that is absolutely admirable!

The things I have found incredibly helpful are:

-take big deep bubble baths (no food in the bathroom)
-if you are tempted, have a drink (water, tea, coffee)
-if you are still tempted, have a mug of Bouillon
-remove known danger foods from your home (for me this means biscuits, crisps, nuts, cake, chocolate) let's face it, none of these are essential diet items for anyone whether on a weightloss programme or not!
- identify your dangerous times of day and schedule something in ...ie... walk someones dog if you haven't one of your own, tidy your bedroom, do the washing, weed the garden, wash the car, go for a walk, go for a drive (leave purse at home so not tempted to buy crap whilst out)
- start reading all those books you have but forgot to read
- write a list of jobs you keep meaning to do around the house and start working your way through them
- phone a friend and have a chat
-come on here, chat, play the arcade
- listen to loud uplifting music and have a boogie
- visit a neighbour
- go shopping (NOT FOOD)
- think about the difference being slim will make to your life
- write a wish list for all the things you plan to do when you are slim
- sort out all the clothes that don't fit you any more and give them away to charity (keep your largest item for comparison when you are a trim size 10/12!)
- babysit for someone
- tell people you can't have food for medical reasons but that you are hoping that next year you will be fine
- smile
- watch a comedy film or listen to a comedy show on the radio
-write letters to your friends that you haven't seen in a while
-catch up on your bills
- watch telly (not food programmes - although I like watching them.. lol)
- visualise yourself slim (this is, I find, quite hard)
- clean a cupboard
-wash your loo
- light a candle on your bedroom, put on some soft music and lay down for a while
- dust off your old videos and watch one
- look at your photo albums and picture yourself slim in all the pics and plan a new photo album for when at goal
- do voluntary work
- don't lose sight of the fact that you are a fantastic person and a strong intelligent woman who doesn't need anyone else to control her eating habits and who knows that she alone is responsible for what she eats
- take care of YOU and remember YOU ARE WORTH THIS!

hugs and love

Jennie xx

thanks everyone, especially you pam. you are doing so so well. If i were to stop CD then yes, the weight would creep on quietly. ive put on roughly a stone a year and i dont see it stopping anytime soon unless i change my ways so who know where id end up.

ive been on 1000cals per day this week and its been hard but not impossible. i cant believe ive stuck to is considering how i ate before. i know i can stick to it, i just have to get over these little blips of feeling cr*p about it.

i really want to do this as i cant live in this body any longer. going to have an early night now so things will be easier tomorrow, hopefully ill be positive again too.

first weigh in tomorrow night i should be excited!! feel like ive lost but not getting my hopes up!

ps pam - i was dissapointed with my 7lb loss on LL before as id lost 7lbs with wieght watchers (ie eating) so was expecting a lot more. as i said before tho not getting my hopes up so wont be dissapointed.
night girls xx

Firstly I admire your honesty Lizzie.

If CD is going to be the way forward then you HAVE to give this diet a chance to work for you! NOTHING is ever an instant fix - and I know that's what we all would love, but, sadly we know it ain't like that in real life... so... I know it is really tough at the start, and believe me, please, it WILL get easier when you see the results.. I can't believe I have stuck to it for 7 weeks!! I mean - come on! I LOVE FOOD!!! ADORE FOOD!! IT IS MY PASSION!!! Food has been my best friend and worst enemy for the last 30 odd years! (I'm 43) I have turned to food for my comfort in every emotional and stressful part of my life EXCEPT for the last 7 weeks!

This diet CAN and WILL work for YOU! But you are the one in charge of it, not the other way around... 6 days is not giving it a fair crack (in my opinion) , that's just pants.. sorry, but I speak it how it is. If you TRULY want to lose your weight then you will do so. If you don't then you won't, it is as black and white as that. It IS, precisely as you have said - ENTIRELY your call.

You are a very brave woman for posting such an honest piece of writing - you are facing your demons head on and that is absolutely admirable!

The things I have found incredibly helpful are:

-take big deep bubble baths (no food in the bathroom)
-if you are tempted, have a drink (water, tea, coffee)
-if you are still tempted, have a mug of Bouillon
-remove known danger foods from your home (for me this means biscuits, crisps, nuts, cake, chocolate) let's face it, none of these are essential diet items for anyone whether on a weightloss programme or not!
- identify your dangerous times of day and schedule something in ...ie... walk someones dog if you haven't one of your own, tidy your bedroom, do the washing, weed the garden, wash the car, go for a walk, go for a drive (leave purse at home so not tempted to buy crap whilst out)
- start reading all those books you have but forgot to read
- write a list of jobs you keep meaning to do around the house and start working your way through them
- phone a friend and have a chat
-come on here, chat, play the arcade
- listen to loud uplifting music and have a boogie
- visit a neighbour
- go shopping (NOT FOOD)
- think about the difference being slim will make to your life
- write a wish list for all the things you plan to do when you are slim
- sort out all the clothes that don't fit you any more and give them away to charity (keep your largest item for comparison when you are a trim size 10/12!)
- babysit for someone
- tell people you can't have food for medical reasons but that you are hoping that next year you will be fine
- smile
- watch a comedy film or listen to a comedy show on the radio
-write letters to your friends that you haven't seen in a while
-catch up on your bills
- watch telly (not food programmes - although I like watching them.. lol)
- visualise yourself slim (this is, I find, quite hard)
- clean a cupboard
-wash your loo
- light a candle on your bedroom, put on some soft music and lay down for a while
- dust off your old videos and watch one
- look at your photo albums and picture yourself slim in all the pics and plan a new photo album for when at goal
- do voluntary work
- don't lose sight of the fact that you are a fantastic person and a strong intelligent woman who doesn't need anyone else to control her eating habits and who knows that she alone is responsible for what she eats
- take care of YOU and remember YOU ARE WORTH THIS!

hugs and love

Jennie xx

oh jennie thank you for the wonderful advice, you made bubble (i obviously needed it). i AM going to stick with it and give it a proper chance this time (i agree with you that 1 weeks worth IS pants!) just need to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back with it again tomorrow.

you are all wonderful, thank you again and again, night night xx

i AM going to stick with it and give it a proper chance this time (i agree with you that 1 weeks worth IS pants!) just need to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back with it again tomorrow.

That's the way kidder!! YOU will be fine! PM me anytime you want a kick up the wotsits! (I'm good at tough love - lol) ;)

Seriously though, I'm here, I know what you are going through :) goodnight hon xx

Yes Jennie, there are some tips there I will take on board as well. Honestly Lizzie, a vlcd diet is the easiest diet - so much easier than being on a food diet, simply because you do lose your need for food, but only once you are in ketosis and you have had your first week's weigh-in. You really don't get hungry and as the weeks go by it really does get easier, and good weight losses spur you on. You will be fine, don't worry. (By the way I gained 5 stone from last February till last July simply by discovering supermarket online shopping, so rather than going out 5 days a week to the shops, I did it all on the net and had time to eat more! Bad idea, exercise is important!).
Pam xx

WOW!

last night i found my weight watchers card from June this year, i was 20stone 6lbs. so from june to november i jumped up to 21stone 11lbs, its shocked me to find out ive put on 1 stone 5lbs in just 6 months. i really need to wake up and smell the capacino CD shake!

imust say this morning im feeling a lot brighter. ii know in my mind i cant give up this weight loss plan until im finished. im not living in this body a minute longer than i need to. a HUGE thhing to spur me on this morning was finding a belt that i couldnt get ona few weeks ago, this morning it ws on the FOURTH notch in!!!!:D (alright theyre very small notches:p but WOW!!!!) must have lost something, now looking forward to my wiegh in tonight. will let you all know how i get on. thanks again for all your support last night, it means so much to me.
ps HAD to change my pic as looking at one i actually liked of me wasnt helping, so here i am on the left in my full 21 stone glory! (soon to be disapearing!)

Last edited:
Hi Lizzie, hun i know exactly how u feel.I have messed around with my weight for so mnay years and am suffering with alot of health problems now.

My gp and Cdc have allowed me to go back on Cd and on Monday evening i went to see my Cdc clutching the most important from i have had signed in the past 4 years.
This form was my gp consent form and i happily handed it over to my Cdc.
He told me 2 jump on the scales and then the scales kept on saying "errorr" on 4 occasions he then turned round and said they are playing up, but i knew different.
When i was ready to leave i said to him"Noah what weight do the scales go up 2" and he replied 27 stone but i know u will be ok as when i weighed u last 6 weeks ago u had no probs.So when i got home i weighed myself and i was horified and shocked 2 see i weighed 28.3 !! i had gained 17lbs in 6 weeks !!!

I got home and come online and was practically in tears but then i realised that my past is my past and i have 2 draw a line under it and start afresh and not look back !!

So as off Tuesday morning i was back on Cd on 1200 plan and doing good.
You can still have good losses on the 1000 plan and can work your way down to Ssing when u r ready.

When u managed to do the belt up today that is just the first of your many achievements in your weight loss journey.
Maybe u can set lots of small mini goals and reward yourself with non food treats !!

If u would like a wl buddy we can do it together.
Take care and have a good day xx

HI ANN AND ALL WEMITTS.
IVE BEEN CALORIE COUNTING FOR A WHILE NOW AND ALTOGETHER HAVE LOST NEARLY 7 STONE . I CANT REALLY AFFORD CD OR LL SO I HAVE TO DO IT THE OTHER WADY BUT SO FAR SO GOOD. I HAVE ONE MORE LB TO GO TO REACH ANOTHER STONE AND I WAS SO PLEASED THAT I REACHED ANOTHER NUMBER ON THE SCALES LAST WEEK SO IM HOPING FOR 1LB LOSS THIS WEEK THEN THAT WILL MAKE 8 STONE IN ALL. I NOW DO 1 AND A HALF HOURS ON MY BIKE ADAY NOW WHICH I FIND QUITE EASY NOW IF I CUT IT DOWN INTO 3 SESSIONS ADAY. SO THATS NOT TO BAD.HAVENT SOWN THE MORNING ONE YET BUT WILL BE DOING IT WHEN JEREMY KYLE IS ON LOL. THAT WAY I DONT REALISE HOW LONG IVE BEEN PEDALLING FOR UNTIL ITS DONE .
I STARTED OFF AT NEARLY NEARLY 25 STONE AND HOPEFULLY TOMORROW I WILL SEE ANOTHER STONE GONE.I DO 1500 CALORIES ADAY SOMETIMES I DO 1000 DEPENDING ON WHATS ON MY MENU . I DID HAVE A BLIP AND PUT ATONE BACK ON WHEN I FELL OFF THE WAGON BUT SOON GOT BACK ON . MANAGED TO GET IN A SIZE 20 JEANS AND IM HEADING FOR MY NEW PAIR WHICH IS AN 18 JUST ALITTLE WAY TO GO AND THEY SHOULD FIT QUITE SNUG SO I KEEP PEDALLING AWAY AND I WILL MAKE IT. HOPE I WILL POST A PIC OF ME ON HERE WHEN I GET MY CAMERA SORTED OUT.
ANYWAY MUST GET READY FOR MY BIKE SO HOPEFULLY WILL CATCH YOU ALL LATER .
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD DAY TALK SOON
TINA...X

i must say this morning im feeling a lot brighter. ii know in my mind i cant give up this weight loss plan until im finished. im not living in this body a minute longer than i need to. a HUGE thhing to spur me on this morning was finding a belt that i couldnt get ona few weeks ago, this morning it ws on the FOURTH notch in!!!!:D (alright theyre very small notches:p but WOW!!!!) must have lost something, now looking forward to my wiegh in tonight. will let you all know how i get on. thanks again for all your support last night, it means so much to me.
ps HAD to change my pic as looking at one i actually liked of me wasnt helping, so here i am on the left in my full 21 stone glory! (soon to be disapearing!)

Good morning Lizzie

So glad that you are feeling so much more positive this morning :D Well done on the belt too!! (haven't worn a belt in donkeys years..lol) Don't be disappointed if you haven't lost loads when you hop on those scales tonight - the fact is you have stuck it out and you KNOW you have lost (eg the belt) and whatever the scales say is only ONE measure of how you are doing. The most important thing is to focus on the fact that you stuck to it and that you are always going to lose weight/inches as a result even if the scales say different. Your clothes will tell you how you are doing (eg the belt again!)

I am so impressed by your honest attitude - it is very refreshing! Take care and I'm looking forward to watching you disappear!!! :D

The pic of Ailsa and Ann in the old pair of Ailsa's trousers is what is motivating and inspiring me at the moment. I am going to have a couple of copies made and keep looking at them. And having seen them at the weekend and I know how good they both look

Irene xx

thank you everyone again. im having a much easier day today. ive felt that 'proper' hungry feeling a few times today and automatically thought 'thats nothing a bit water wont sort' instead of thinking what can i eat?! how pleased am i with myself?!!
must say that the water had kicked in already, my skin is looking pretty glowing and everything i do is so much easier. before cd i would struggle to drink the rec 2ltrs per day but most days would pass and id have only had a few cups of tea all day. no wonder i felt so cr*p.
so hoping for a loss tonight but not too much (dont want to feel disapointed) wish me luck at 7pm!!

ps Roch, i love the idea of a wl buddy to spur each other on....where do i sign up?! x

Back