feeling very unmotivated all of a sudden

Got my fingers crossed for you Lizzie :)

Another lurker joining in to wish Lizzie much luck with her weigh in tonight.

It really is refreshing seeing how honest you guys are with your weight, and how it affects you. I don't think I was the same when I started out at 22 stone, but of course I didn't have the internet support available now.

Back to one thing Lizzie said earlier - that she was disappointed with her 7lbs loss in 10 days because she'd lost that much in her first week on WW. True. I think I lost more than that with my healthy eating plan the first week BUT, from then on, it was a meagre slow 2lbs a week... whereas with a VLCD the high numbers will stay with you far longer

So give it a chance. The rest of your life stretches in front of you and I now can enjoy life to the full, each and every minute, now that I've reached target :)

I shall be watching for an update :)

Another lurker joining in to wish Lizzie much luck with her weigh in tonight.

It really is refreshing seeing how honest you guys are with your weight, and how it affects you. I don't think I was the same when I started out at 22 stone, but of course I didn't have the internet support available now.

Back to one thing Lizzie said earlier - that she was disappointed with her 7lbs loss in 10 days because she'd lost that much in her first week on WW. True. I think I lost more than that with my healthy eating plan the first week BUT, from then on, it was a meagre slow 2lbs a week... whereas with a VLCD the high numbers will stay with you far longer

So give it a chance. The rest of your life stretches in front of you and I now can enjoy life to the full, each and every minute, now that I've reached target :)

I shall be watching for an update :)

thank yoooooo!!
im so impressed maintainer!! all that weight off in such a short time and on your own, THATS what i want to do but seem unable to so im on this route. what was your kick start to losing weight??

You know what though.. (and I too am seriously impressed by Maintainer!!)... if your head isn't in the right place it doesn't matter how good the support is... that's my take on it.

I always had loads of fab support throughout my dieting yo yo years... never before though was my head in the right place (I mean, of course it was on my shoulders supported by my neck), well, you know what I mean. You only need to read this site thoroughly and you can see that so many of our fellow travellers really aren't in the right head space at the moment despite all the fab support, and that's ok.. because with the support perhaps they will get there and that will make a difference.. anyway... just saying.. lol... :D Looking forward to hearing how it goes Lizzie xxx

It is all about our own attitudes and motivations and determination and thinking. (In my opinion anyway)

You know what though.. (and I too am seriously impressed by Maintainer!!)... if your head isn't in the right place it doesn't matter how good the support is... that's my take on it.

I always had loads of fab support throughout my dieting yo yo years... never before though was my head in the right place (I mean, of course it was on my shoulders supported by my neck), well, you know what I mean. You only need to read this site thoroughly and you can see that so many of our fellow travellers really aren't in the right head space at the moment despite all the fab support, and that's ok.. because with the support perhaps they will get there and that will make a difference.. anyway... just saying.. lol... :D Looking forward to hearing how it goes Lizzie xxx

It is all about our own attitudes and motivations and determination and thinking. (In my opinion anyway)

you are so right!! thats how i feel this time, its just right. i know i cant come off this diet until im done xx

thank yoooooo!!
im so impressed maintainer!! all that weight off in such a short time and on your own, THATS what i want to do but seem unable to so im on this route. what was your kick start to losing weight??

My kick start, after years and years of yoyo dieting (deprivation, weight loss, then bingeing and ending up heavier than I started out!) was that something CLICKED in my brain at 38 years, seeing the big FOUR O looming and realising that I'd *wasted* my teens, twenties and thirties by being so big.

Unlike most of the population, I had never worn a pair of jeans in my life (couldn't get into them!), never wore trousers out of the house, gave up horse riding when my weight became a problem for the stables and let so many things pass me by rather than get myself in hand.

If only that "CLICK" moment could be saved and packaged, but as you've said above, unless one's head is in the right place, it's impossible.

Although I didn't follow a VLCD, I was very strict with my food intake as I didn't want to keep yoyoing up and down so completely banned my trigger foods from my healthy eating plan (chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc). To this day, I only eat them on Sundays as I know that having one means I want another...

Some, following WW or SW or other plan, seem able to have a treat a day but that wasn't for me.

I found as the weight dropped off, sometimes quicker than at other times admittedly, THAT was my motivation to continue. Being able to buy clothes in "normal" shops which didn't resemble tents was such a thrill. Getting into my first pair of size 20 odd jeans, a joy! In fact, you now never ever see me in skirts and dresses as I love trousers probably cos I never wore them out of the house for so many years!

If I can help in any way, please shout! I'll keep reading (and learning lots from Marilyn!)

thanks for that maintainer, i think ive clicked to as every time i think about eating or gorging on things i used to this little thought of 'i cant not continue this vlcd' comes into my head. its like ive no choice but to keep going.

my oldest beautiful daughter will start school in two and a half years and I WILL NOT be an overweight mum at the school gates. I dont want her life to be made difficult because of the way her mum looks.

she told me today ive got a fat tummy, that was another kick up the behind (that i needed!) i tried to convince her that mummys got a 'nice round cuddly tummy' not fat but she wasnt having it lol, wee sod!

Hi Lizzie - just read through your thread and think it is wonderful that you are doing this for yourself - but have such a great reason in your little girl to do it and stick to it.

It isn't easy - ask many of us!! Some seem to be able to click - stick to it - and then it stays off. I was one of the ones who lost the weight initially, put some of it back on and now struggling to lose what I've put on. I click every now and then ... but my click mechanism is a bit tempermental and doesn't always work as it should!!! Still like most of the others on this site - I'm not a quitter, so I'm back at it again!!

Good luck with your continued weight loss - you CAN get there ... continue to post, read other peoples diaries and look at the fantastic photos peolple have kindly posted in the gallery. Hope to read about your continued weight loss success.

Back