Feelling really down

Since Christmas iv been feeling really down and stressed about everything. All I want to do is sleep & hide from everything.
Sorry for all my rambled thoughts I just don't have anyone to talk to & at work they don't understand as they think iv got nothing to be stressed about.

Awww that's really sad, what has happened at Christmas time to make you feel stressed, & really down?

Bless you I was exactly the same a few weeks ago but with support from here and people around me I pulled through :D Is there anything that triggered it off. Try finding out some earphones and losing yourself in your favourite music or try and get your head round a good book. I always find a long walk round bloc or up to park helps me calm down if I feel stressed :D

I suffer from clinical depression and I can tell you that there is a difference between depression and feeling down. If you mood has an influence on your general day to day activities and your majority of thetime feeling negative or catastrophic thinking then I would book an appointment with gp. Bestthing I have ever done :)

Since Christmas iv been feeling really down and stressed about everything. All I want to do is sleep & hide from everything.
Sorry for all my rambled thoughts I just don't have anyone to talk to & at work they don't understand as they think iv got nothing to be stressed about.

Oh there's nothing worse than feeling alone but you're not alone here everyone is really nice and helpful and i know if i can help everyone else here will too :).

I suffer from clinical depression and I can tell you that there is a difference between depression and feeling down. If you mood has an influence on your general day to day activities and your majority of thetime feeling negative or catastrophic thinking then I would book an appointment with gp. Bestthing I have ever done :)

I agree Bunnylovesalan i suffer with bi-polar o.c.d and b.p.d i swear theres more letters with my diagnoses i feel i could be a doctor hehe but seriously if you feel it would please go see your GP i hate the stigma that seems to go hand in hand with mental health, but dont and i cant stress this enough please dont feel your on your own my GP when i went was really understanding and i was the best thing i did im on medication now i dont feel so bad the ups and downs were exhausting.

Let us all know how you're doing and im sure if we can help or just let you get your thoughts out please do

Jo

Hey vicki, how are you feeling today? I've been feeling the same recently, in fact felt pretty horrible the whole of January and its really out of character for me to feel so low for such a long period of time (I get quite bad pmt mood swings but this was different and started to scare me)

Is there anything specific that's making you feel awful? Maybe we can help?

Love Nat x

Aww hun ure not alone. I feel like im sinking too, never felt this low before and feel like my negative feelings are not justified. Im
Not sure if its low mood or depression. Regardless of the label since christmas ive had bouts of horrible deep feelings of anxiety, unable to sleep ( and i love sleep!) constant eating, feeling sick at the thought of going work, wanting to stay indoors, even took a week sick of work. Its very complex but i think taking the first step to recognise it is great and it will help us think of ways to deal with it. We are here for u x

Back