Feels really crappy :(

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
Been to my wi today and cant believe ive put on 2 1/2lb:sigh:.
been feeling really rubbish all week and having problems with the oh and am thinking of moving out as he shows more interest in a bloody computer screen than me!!! Am i really that bad :eek: and if i am then why is he not encouraging me to loose weight and has this i couldnt give a fu@k attitude all the time Grrrr men eh!!!! ok there rant over i need to get it off me chest :cry::cry::cry:

It will come off next week easier.... oh and all men are like that lol. Don't lem him beat you.

xx

I'm sorry to hear that you gained this week. Did you expect to loose/had you stuck to the plan or did the bad week lead to comfort food? I know arguing with my boyfriend is the number one thing likley to make me eat!

Does your OH know how you feel? My boyfriend likes his PC rather too much, but I think I just need more time together than he does. If it was up to me we'd always have plans, but he needs time alone. We have to compromise, but it took us a while to find the right balance.

Hope you feel better soon x

Coming from the male camp.... ( not camp male) LOL! I firstly am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the OH again. I wonder if now is a good time to be thinking about SW at this time. You probably comfort eat and at the moment who could blame you. I get fantastic support from my wife and this really pushes me onwards. I could imagine how how thing would be if I didn't.

I am sure once you have made the right decision about your domestic situation thing will become much more clearer for you. Then SW will just boost your self esteem so you can then hopefully find someone who really does support you for who you really are.!!

Good luck

Remember we are here if you need to chat, or just a shoulder...

Head up hun there is light at the end of that tunnel

Phil x

Last edited:
Sorry about the gain, never mind stick with it and it will come off. Sorry to hear about your problems with o/h, hope you can resolve them and move forward. Always remember your needs are important. Take care xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your marital problems, it must be very difficult for you to diet as well while these problems are going on, good luck to you for the week ahead, and I'm sure you will lose next WI, thinking of you.

Awwww thanks everyone, nice to know i can come somewhere and have a grumble when i need to.
We have been together 3 years and we still havent found that ballence Lady Mhoram, im now begining to think that we are just too different, he's happy upstairs while im left with the tv and dog for company, it also dont help that he works nights!!!! We used to see more of each other before we lived together lol.
I think i have comfort eaten a little this week but really didnt expect it to be that much when i steped on the dreaded scales :( but I'm deff gonna try and stick to plan this week and get my life in order and have a good old chat with him unplug the internet and let him know how im feeling ect.
Oh and if i fall off the waggon again just give me a big heave phil and shove me back on lmao ;)

Nice to see you back Phil-its been quiet without your words of wisdom-or am I just unobservant (?sp!!) and you have been around, but I havnt read it? sigh....problems problems!!

Sorry to hear you're not happy :( My OH works night too, and is more interested in his Ipod than helping round the house (we have a 1yr old boy) and I'm left frequently on my own to do things. I swear we'll have to get that ipod surgically removed from his hand!! X

No wonder that you are putting on weight when you are sitting downstairs, waiting for some attention from him, with only a dog for company. You say things are at a point where you're so unhappy that you are thinking of leaving... So why not try this first:

Stop asking for his attention, in fact, act like you couldn't care less. Join an evening class (salsa would be good as it give you exercise and means you'll be with other men, lol). Go out with friends, or whatever. Make yourself pretty, act confident, have plans. If he is going to sit in his little room, he's going to do it WITHOUT you waiting downstairs for attention...That's the dog's job.

Be nice, be cheerful, don't nag or complain. Don't say "Right, you're always on the PC, so I'm going out!" that won't work, JUST DO IT. Happy, free, having fun without him. Stick to your diet too, the sexier you look the better.

Then see if he gets less secure about being boring and selfish...

If he doesn't... Find someone else. Heh. I'm bad.

No wonder that you are putting on weight when you are sitting downstairs, waiting for some attention from him, with only a dog for company. You say things are at a point where you're so unhappy that you are thinking of leaving... So why not try this first:

Stop asking for his attention, in fact, act like you couldn't care less. Join an evening class (salsa would be good as it give you exercise and means you'll be with other men, lol). Go out with friends, or whatever. Make yourself pretty, act confident, have plans. If he is going to sit in his little room, he's going to do it WITHOUT you waiting downstairs for attention...That's the dog's job.

Be nice, be cheerful, don't nag or complain. Don't say "Right, you're always on the PC, so I'm going out!" that won't work, JUST DO IT. Happy, free, having fun without him. Stick to your diet too, the sexier you look the better.

Then see if he gets less secure about being boring and selfish...

If he doesn't... Find someone else. Heh. I'm bad.

Hmmm now thats sounding good to me. it's hard going out and joining new classes though as ive lost a hell of a lot of my confidence when i piled on the pounds and feel big, fat and not so pretty anymore!!! BUT i am willing to give this task a go and stop being here waiting for him, its his day off tomorrow and im not gonna be here lol im going out..... sod him im worth more than that :)

That sounds like a good idea. He'll soon realise how much more fun you are having going out in the real world than he is having sat alone on the computer!

I bet doing a class, although scary at first, will increase your confidence in the long run.

Good luck!

Ok so we have had a little chat tonight before he went to work and im feeling a little better about things. i am still gonna join some sort of dance or exercise class though as like you have said it will give me the confidence boost that i need. :)

You sound just like my parents, he is obbessed with his basketball club (long story - read it in my biography avalible at all bad book shops) and his ass is constantly super-glued to the seat infront of the computer. He has no interest in my Mum or me (doesn't even know when my birthday is). Anyway enough about me, firstly I echo everything everyone has said, second I would turn it into a postive and use it to motivate me and then when he notices be like yeah baby look what you're missing out on! Or you can do the "grown up" way and say you need his support and motivation, but if he's anything like my Dad he wont take any notice.

Hugs,

Natt xxx

Hey Furrystomper

I see you are in Cambs ? Whereabouts ? - I am in Norwich - I am always looking to meet new friends so if you are not too far away I would be happy to meet up half way or something for coffee and a chat or whatever - be nice to get a fellow sw buddy !:D

PM me if want to - I won't be offended though if you're not keen - just an idea - as they say - can never have enough friends !

Take Care

Bev xx

Ok so we have had a little chat tonight before he went to work and im feeling a little better about things. i am still gonna join some sort of dance or exercise class though as like you have said it will give me the confidence boost that i need. :)

Great stuff! I know I said it like it was all really easy but it takes guts to change things.

The fact is, I've spent a lot of my life putting up with things I was nervous about confronting, all meek and mild and trying to keep the peace. But once I HAVE finally reacted it has done me so much good, I've always kicked myself for not doing it sooner.

Hmmmm things are looking up................
the computer went wrong heehee ohhh how i laughed lol but now he has been and got a new one and its been moved downstairs so he's at least in the same room so its a start :) . also told him a few home truths and said i was happy to move out if things did not change and we had more me and him time not him and computer time!!!
anyways i just wanted to say thanks for all ur help and listening to me rant on lol xx

Back