Felix's fresh start!

How are you doing Felix? Hope everything is going great for you honey.

You can do it!

xxx

I'm doing so crap at the moment :( this week has been a total write off. I'm such a failure with this diet and I should just quit.

Feeling so crappy this weekend and OH has been really busy with uni work so I'm just lonely and frustrated that I can't make myself stick to it.

I don't know if I should just give up now :( :(

Hey sweetie, sorry to hear that you're feeling low :( have you thought about doing 810 so that you're still in ketosis? The losses will be a lot more consistent than sw or ww.. You know how much you want to loose a stone before the 10th June and there's no reason why you can't loose 10-14lbs before then! I've been rubbish too, but I know how much I want to look good in a bikini for Jamaica and that's what's keeping me going. Just focus on you goal and write a list of things. That can distract you when your bf isn't around so that you aren't tempted to come off plan. Whatever you decide good luck with it, just don't get to the 10th June and look back and regret not sticking with it, not saying that in a rude way, I've just been there so many times and it's a horrible feeling when you wake up on the day of an event that you've been aiming to loose weight for and you don't do it and end up not enjoying the day as much..xx

Hey Felix, I really feel for you - I have been in that mindset so many times before and I know how miserable it is. I'm afraid I don't have the answers, but just wanted to say that although you may feel like a failure at this, you really are not - its hard, you are human and you have done so fantastically well to get to this point. You've been doing CD for a looong time, to always be feeling either virtuous or devilish - it messes with your mind I reckon! All I will say is that if you give yourself a break (mentally and physically) then in my experience you should just walk away from VCLDs altogether, as if you think you will be restarting again in the future it is so easy to fall in the trap of thinking that you can eat like crazy as when you are in the 'zone' it will come back off again quickly. Trouble is getting back 'in the zone' is much harder than you think and before you know it you're back where you started. (Trust me, I have the extra stones to prove this!)
The other thing to congratulate yourself on is that you still come on here even when you are struggling, so you can get the virtual hugs (or kick up the a**e!) you need, which as you know is invaluable. I'm so impressed that you do, because in the past when I waver I go into complete denial, I don't come on here, weigh myself etc etc - the dieting equivalent of putting my fingers in my ears and singing la la la, iyswim!
So I reckon firstly please don't feel so despondent - you can do this when you want, brilliantly. And then decide either to carry on and just ignore the devil on your shoulder and plough on regardless to get to where you want to be (which you thoroughly deserve) or just decide that you are going to stop the madness and get off this merry go round. And don't look back!
Personally, if you wnt my advice, I would take a deep breath and just dive right back in because I think you have it in you to succeed at this - accept that there will always been times when it seems impossible, but remember that it's not and the longer the journey the bigger the sense of achievement once you get there!
I really hope you feel a bit brighter today, just do what is right for you, and know that there are many others you can identify with exactly how you are feeling and you are not alone. Good luck, lots of love xxx

hi hun sorry to hear you have had a crap weekend.i agree with cj hun maybe try 810 at least that way you can still enjoy food and lose quite a bit of weight.i think most people average between 3-5lb a week on 810 so not a bad weight loss and still more than ww/sw.
hope you have a good cd day :)xx

Hey sweetie, sorry to hear that you're feeling low :( have you thought about doing 810 so that you're still in ketosis? The losses will be a lot more consistent than sw or ww.. You know how much you want to loose a stone before the 10th June and there's no reason why you can't loose 10-14lbs before then! I've been rubbish too, but I know how much I want to look good in a bikini for Jamaica and that's what's keeping me going. Just focus on you goal and write a list of things. That can distract you when your bf isn't around so that you aren't tempted to come off plan. Whatever you decide good luck with it, just don't get to the 10th June and look back and regret not sticking with it, not saying that in a rude way, I've just been there so many times and it's a horrible feeling when you wake up on the day of an event that you've been aiming to loose weight for and you don't do it and end up not enjoying the day as much..xx

Hey thanks for replying :( I'm being an idiot and feeling sorry for myself!!!

I think 810 is a really good idea. My CDC actually suggested it to me a few weeks ago to do at the weekend so it stops me cheating but I never bothered trying it. I am seeing her tomorrow so I think Ill text her and see if she thinks it's a good idea. OH is only about a stone and half away from goal so he needs to start working up the plans anyway. I think I'll really struggle once he's at goal though as i still have 3 stone to go :(

I know what you mean about the day coming and you feel like crap for not sticking to it. I've had plenty of those days already and I was so motivated 2 weeks ago to stick to this 100% for 5 weeks until the festival and now it's coming closer and closer and it's under 3 weeks away now so I feel a bit hopeless. I really don't feel comfortable in myself at this size (although this is the slimmest I've been since my early teens) and I don't feel like I can let go and have fun.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my moaning!!!!!!!! I hope you're getting on ok and thanks for the suggestion of 810 :) I might as well give it a go xxx

Hey Felix, I really feel for you - I have been in that mindset so many times before and I know how miserable it is. I'm afraid I don't have the answers, but just wanted to say that although you may feel like a failure at this, you really are not - its hard, you are human and you have done so fantastically well to get to this point. You've been doing CD for a looong time, to always be feeling either virtuous or devilish - it messes with your mind I reckon! All I will say is that if you give yourself a break (mentally and physically) then in my experience you should just walk away from VCLDs altogether, as if you think you will be restarting again in the future it is so easy to fall in the trap of thinking that you can eat like crazy as when you are in the 'zone' it will come back off again quickly. Trouble is getting back 'in the zone' is much harder than you think and before you know it you're back where you started. (Trust me, I have the extra stones to prove this!)
The other thing to congratulate yourself on is that you still come on here even when you are struggling, so you can get the virtual hugs (or kick up the a**e!) you need, which as you know is invaluable. I'm so impressed that you do, because in the past when I waver I go into complete denial, I don't come on here, weigh myself etc etc - the dieting equivalent of putting my fingers in my ears and singing la la la, iyswim!
So I reckon firstly please don't feel so despondent - you can do this when you want, brilliantly. And then decide either to carry on and just ignore the devil on your shoulder and plough on regardless to get to where you want to be (which you thoroughly deserve) or just decide that you are going to stop the madness and get off this merry go round. And don't look back!
Personally, if you wnt my advice, I would take a deep breath and just dive right back in because I think you have it in you to succeed at this - accept that there will always been times when it seems impossible, but remember that it's not and the longer the journey the bigger the sense of achievement once you get there!
I really hope you feel a bit brighter today, just do what is right for you, and know that there are many others you can identify with exactly how you are feeling and you are not alone. Good luck, lots of love xxx

Hello :) I'm so touched that people have taken the time to reply to my silly moaning!!!

I thought it was about time I should own up to being off the rails for the week because this forum (and people like you!!) are the only thing which keeps me on track. I'm so gutted I went off the rails after my 3lb loss last week, which is a really good loss in a week for me!! With me, it always starts with 'oh I've lost a few lb's, I can afford to eat something bad because I'm not getting weighed for a week now so I've got time to lose it again.' and it just carries on and on until I'm at this point where it's weigh in day tomorrow and I'm so miserable and angry at myself for even thinking like that. I bet my CDC is sick of me by now! I bet she's not sick of the money she's making out of me though haha.

I think I do need to just take the plunge and not give up. You're right that I have done well so far and I should be proud really. I am going to look in to doing 810 and hopefully something more substantial will make me feel a bit better about the diet. I think I'm just getting really bored tbh!

Thanks so much for your kind words and the kick up the bum I needed :D xxxx

hi hun sorry to hear you have had a crap weekend.i agree with cj hun maybe try 810 at least that way you can still enjoy food and lose quite a bit of weight.i think most people average between 3-5lb a week on 810 so not a bad weight loss and still more than ww/sw.
hope you have a good cd day :)xx

Hello :) Hope you are having a good day too! I have stuck to it today except I just got in from work and ate a freakin' babybell without even thinking!!! Arghhhh. I think 810 is the way forward and it's a great idea. I just feel like I wont lose as fast as I think doing 810 but then again I wont lose anything if I carry on the way I am. Thank you for replying :) xxxx

So after my sillyness yesterday (which included a little cry on my OH's shoulder), I have read the replies from you bloomin' angels and I'm back on it! Thank you so so much for being so lovely and sensible and giving me a much needed kick up the backside.

I have just under 3 weeks until I go away for the festival weekend and I need to be realistic about my goals. I don't know how much I should aim for in this time though :( I don't have anything planned until then so there is nothing stopping me from getting my head down and carrying on with CD. I know if I just carry on eating crap my weight will creep back up and I'll feel really bad and have the worst weekend ever. If I lose even a little bit I'll feel loads better about myself. I've wasted so much time and money on CD and I should have been at goal ages ago and enjoying the warm weather and life in general.

I'm going to text my CDC and ask about doing 810. She gave me a booklet a few weeks ago but god knows where I've put it! So I'm not really sure exactly what it involves... If anyone could enlighted me, I will be most grateful.

So NO MORE MESSING ABOUT. I need to push myself and do this NOW.

hi felix
810 is 3 products a day,a portion of protein,45g of veg,3/4 pint of skimmed milk and your 4pts water.
allowable foods protein:
250g cottage cheese,plain
(less than 5% fat)
325g cottage cheese,reduced fat
(less than 2% fat)
245g chicken or turkey breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet,e.g cod,haddock
260g tinned tuna (in water/brine)
190g tuna steak,fresh
275g quorn mince,pieces
250g prawns
2 large eggs
350g steamed tofu
80g red lentils,dried weight
225g chickpeas,canned,drained
80g chickpeas,dried weight
70g soya beans,dried weight
vegatables:
asparagus/green salad
brocolli /leaves including
cabbage (even pickled)/ lettuce,lambs lettuce,radicchio,
cauliflower /little gem,rocket and romaine
celeriac /kale
celery/ leeks
chinese leafy greens /marrow
(including pak choi and chinese cabbage) mushroom
courgette /red radishes
cucumber /spinach
fennel /spring onions
green peppers/ watercress

you can use spices,herbs,stock,balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.hope this helps hun :)xxx

sorry hun came up different than i intended it to hope you can read this properly if not ill do it again :)xxx

Ok I think at some point this week I'm going to take a pic of myself now and post it with a pic from when I started (my sister just put loads of old pics on fb and I look disgusting!!!!) and use that to spur me on. I look in the mirror now and still see the gross flabby belly and arms and thighs I saw before so a side by side comparison of my 3 stone loss might help.

Texted my CDC and said I fancy doing 810. I can't wait to have some lentils :)

I'm so pleased you are feeling a bit more positive now, just remember to focus on all the millions of times you have resisted temptation rather than the times you have given in!! (Just don't congratulate yourself on that with food - lol) Seriously, you have succeeded far more than you have failed, so keep on with the positive thoughts and good luck with the plan, 810 or whatever you decide xxxx

My CDC has just been round and at first I didn't want to be weighed as I've put about 3lb on according to my scales, but she persuaded me and I've only put 1lb on which isn't too bad. I was expecting A LOT worse.

I'm really really really tired today. Need a good nights sleep so will probably try and get to bed early :)

Hardly drank any water today!!! I'm so crap at the water intake! I have been ok so far though. I always find it pretty easy in the week as when I get home from work I'm really tired so don't really want to eat... the weekend is so hard though.

OH finishes uni FOREVER as of 10am tomorrow! Can't wait to have a boyfriend with a job haha!!!!!!! He has promised to take me on holiday when he has a job and is settled :) Can't wait. Think we might try and book a winter sun holiday somewhere exotic before or just after xmas. Maybe (just maybe) I might even be able to wear a bikini?!?!?!?!? Wowza! I think I need something like that to spur me on :)

Went to bed at half 9 and woke up half an hour ago wide awake cos my OH is stressing out trying to do his uni project for tomorrow..,

Was absolutely starving as not had my SS+ meal today and ALMOST ordered a take away but instead I'm eating a mushroom omelette :D it did stick to the pan though :(

Oh no I hate being woken up when I'm sleeping :( Well done on not ordering the takeaway, I told you that you can do this!!! Keep going strong, take it one day at a time, you only have 16 more days until your festival, you could loose 10lbs in that time given that you had a week off, I bet you have a really decent loss at your next weigh in. Keep going girl xxx

yay you going for the omlette rather than the take away keep it up and it will be bikini here you come :)xx

You need to do what's best for you honey, if you really can't stick to it then try giving a low carb diet a go for the next 2 weeks? That way you won't pile on the weight and get carb bloat as I call it. Maybe an Atkins style approach or a sw red days only? Xx

I'm hiding too Felix :( come on fess up, I will be doing tomorrow! Xxxx

Back