Fell off the wagon spectacularly

CharlieDelta

I'm in Cruise phase, So I ended up meeting an old friend for a couple of hours last night, and had 2 vodka and diet cokes, alternated with a glass of water (see how I tried!) All was well until I decided I was hungry and everyone around me was eating pizza, burgers etc, so what did I do?? Yup, I only went an got chips and cheese :( I'm so annoyed at myself, I could scream!!

Hmmmm.....

You have to climb straight back on the wagon this morning, drink lots of water, go for some long walks, and have a two or three pp days to make sure you go back into weight losing mode.

But you might also like to look at the things which triggered your jump off the wagon.

1.) Going out a friend to drink.
Could you have suggested meeting for coffee instead? Or to the cinema? Or bowling - something where drinking alcohol is not the obvious focus?

2.) Drinking alcohol. Any alcohol - even vodka - will hot you hard if you are in ketosis, and make it much much harder for you to make the right choices later in the evening when the crisps and chips and kebabs and tequilas are being slapped down in front of you.

Worse - Alcohol will tip you straight out of ketosis - and make you feel ravenously hungry.

So if you really want to go out to a pub, club or party - drink water or diet coke only.

3.) Food. It's really too late by then. But could you have chosen something more Dukan-y than chips from the menu? A burger (and left the bun)? A steak? Chicken strips?

4.) If its really hard for you to stay on the wagon - then be anti-social for a while. After all, you have so little left to lose, and your original goal date was only two weeks away.

Hi, I walked 4 miles yesterday and drank water till it came out my ears so I don't feel as bad now! Going to do 3 days pp and get me back on track.

It was a chip shop we went to so there was no dukan friendly alternative - although I'm adult enough to have held off and made an omlette when I got home. Hard, hard lesson learned! Only a few more pounds and weeks to go, so moving forward :)

newbie here ;) i feel for you! Ive been on dukan three weeks, lost 8lbs and fell off the wagon when i went to visit my mums over the weekend. I couldnt resist her cooking :( I'm back on the wagon this evening however so wish you the best of luck.

Dukan is totally ill adapted for people of your weight and height, Turin. I'm sorry to say it, because people never appreciate it when I do, but check out the negative press before getting cross with me. Some of us have little choice in the matter, and Dukan has saved us from obesity, despite all, but for someone who's not obese? I'd not touch it with a barge pole.

Quite right. Turin, you need just to ensure you eat healthily and a balanced diet with good Exercise to keep your weight balanced at what it is now. Don't muck about with your system when it is Ok.

Topaz63 said:
Quite right. Turin, you need just to ensure you eat healthily and a balanced diet with good Exercise to keep your weight balanced at what it is now. Don't muck about with your system when it is Ok.

Guys thank you for the advice. I genuinely appreciate it. Since giving birth I've gone up two dress sizes and have been very miserable. I can't afford new clothes! Dukan has worked well for me as I have very little restraint usually when it comes to food. It's not a long term measure for me, just need my self esteem back. Sorry to hijack op!

Guys thank you for the advice. I genuinely appreciate it. Since giving birth I've gone up two dress sizes and have been very miserable. I can't afford new clothes! Dukan has worked well for me as I have very little restraint usually when it comes to food. It's not a long term measure for me, just need my self esteem back. Sorry to hijack op!

Turin - I know how you feel when a life change like pregnancy seems to hi-jack your body.

Just be aware - Dukan is a long term measure, even if the actual weight loss section (cruise) seems short. Dukan is a one way street. It changes your metabolism - and if you don't follow all 4 phases (the last one being for life!) to stablise that change and return it to a more "normal" level you risk throwing your body right off kilter and starting a life-time of yo-yo weight gain.

Turin - I know how you feel when a life change like pregnancy seems to hi-jack your body.

Just be aware - Dukan is a long term measure, even if the actual weight loss section (cruise) seems short. Dukan is a one way street. It changes your metabolism - and if you don't follow all 4 phases (the last one being for life!) to stablise that change and return it to a more "normal" level you risk throwing your body right off kilter and starting a life-time of yo-yo weight gain.

I really had no idea. Iv'e read the book and no mention of people of my weight not using it to lose weight :(

I really had no idea. Iv'e read the book and no mention of people of my weight not using it to lose weight :(

It's not really recommended for people who already have a BMI in the normal range.

But my warning was not so much that you shouldn't follow the diet at all as that it isn't a short diet - you really will need to all 4 stages right through to the end - and that is a lifetime commitment.

PS - Turin, have you been to the Dukan Diet website, and calculated your "true weight"? That is the weight you are most likely to be able to attain and maintain through the diet.

I am new to Dukan as well as this forum and I am interested in your comments to Turin. Do you think it's better to go with the weight suggested by the website (it said 135 for me) or go with the weight you've been stable at the longest (140 lbs)? My BMI is also in the normal range. Just curious as you seem very knowledgable. Thanks!

I am new to Dukan as well as this forum and I am interested in your comments to Turin. Do you think it's better to go with the weight suggested by the website (it said 135 for me) or go with the weight you've been stable at the longest (140 lbs)? My BMI is also in the normal range. Just curious as you seem very knowledgable. Thanks!

Hi, I'm no expert so don't necessarily take my advice on this, but if I were you I'd see how I felt when I reached 140lbs. Then, if I felt happy, well and comfortable with that, I'd stick to it.

There's only a 5lbs difference between the two weights and, as long as you've input your details correctly, the website gizmo must think that 135lbs is sustainable for you. If your loss goes well, you think that the lower weight is something that you'll be able to sustain and you feel that you'd prefer to get to 135lb, then you can always decide to continue on and aim for that after reaching 140.

No need, I'd say, to make a definite decision right at the moment.

Back