Fellow SW fans - what is your motivation?

Oldie

I have never got to my goal weight in my adult years, in fact I don't even know what it is <sad>. I am seriously overweight and have being trying the SW route for many years albeit unsuccessfully. However my daughter is now pregnant and planning to have her wedding abroad in 2012 SO I now have 2 forms of motivation: 1) for her to be proud of me as mother of the bride AND 2)to be able to me an active Nana - so I am determined to 'get it right' this time

Hi everyone. I am new to this site though not to SW. I lost 3 stone a few years ago and put it all back on (and a bit more).

My main motivation is that my daughter starts school in September and I desperately don't want to be the biggest mummy at the school gates. I have loads to lose and won't be at my target by then but I am hoping to feel better about myself when I take her to school on her first day.

I just want to feel comfortable in summer clothes, without worrying about hiding the lumps and bumps underneath.

I'm really self-conscious about my size at the minute and know I have to start losing weight otherwise it's going to make me even more miserable.

My partner proposed on Christmas day last year and although we haven't set a date yet I want to make sure I look my best in my dress when the time comes, so that's also a pretty good incentive :)

My motivation is I want to be fitter to play with my kids, I want to fit in the many pairs of jeans that are hung in my wardrobe and I want to just feel comfortable in my own skin,

Claire xxx

Had slowly put on a extra 2 1/2stone during 2009 and was aware i had gained it, but just didnt have the time to do anything about it. Xmas 2009 i went to get a new dress for xmas party and the size 14 was to small, and had to get the 16, i was mortified and decided to get through xmas then in Jan 2010 decided to deal with it.
I wanted my clothes to fit, and to get back to the size 10 i used to be.
I work with and ride horses and the excess weight was not helping my riding.

I am the sort of person that once i make a decision to do something, i just DO IT.
Once i got through the first couple of weeks of sugar withdrawals i havent looked back. I have got inventive with tweaking recipes to make them SW friendly and make sure we dont feel like were deprived.

Hubby also finally decided to lose weight for himself too, i have tried to make him in the past but he was never fully on board. Now just over a year on and he is now also 6st lighter and feeling much healthier :)

SW rocks :)

My motivation ..... a couple of things contributed to my joining SW ... firstly Ive always been overweight ... also always been trying to loose weight or couldnt be bothered once i had lost weight and gained it again!!!! So I wanted to finally get shut of the excess 6 stone ... I want to run around with the kids .... I want to live a longer life and not die early ..... the thought of dying and leaving my kids without a mum fills me with such determination to get fit and fall into a healthy BMI range is what spurs me on!!!! So thats me .... oh and we have so many things going on this year and i dont want to struggle to find something lovely to wear instead of a tent from evans that i absolutely hate but it fits and is comfortable!!! We are off to Florida and Bahamas in August ... my sis gets married in Oct ... our dad is 60 in July so its such a busy busy year and I want to look great when we see the family again .... Im probably quite typical of alot of people on here but sorry to be a bit morbid about the whole dying thing!!!

Trish xxxxx

Mainly being healthy, but I have a dress (one of possibly 3) that I want to be wearing for the Christmas party this year and look AWESOME.

See the attached photos for the dresses, I think I might die a little if I manage it. Even growing my hair so I can get it styled for the event too! :3

Attachments

• Dress.jpg
    Dress.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Pirate pencil Dress.jpg
    Pirate pencil Dress.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Pirate circle dress.jpg
    Pirate circle dress.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 59
I basically have enough of feeling horrible,not being able to wear the clothes i want to wear, having very little self belief and no cinfidence...i could go on all night:p
u just get to a point where u say enough is enough!!!!

hiyer, when i started it was because hubby became ill. and i needed to get healthy to loo after him, now to get me to goal, i've bought a lovely moonsoon dress(ebay£14), it's a so different to what i normally wear, but, determined to get into it for me best friends wedding aug 26th:D

I want to feel good in my own skin again. I want to feel confident in myself and not constantly worry about what fat bits are showing. And I want to fit into the clothes that I've already got instead of having to buy things in bigger sizes!!!!

Mainly being healthy, but I have a dress (one of possibly 3) that I want to be wearing for the Christmas party this year and look AWESOME.

See the attached photos for the dresses, I think I might die a little if I manage it. Even growing my hair so I can get it styled for the event too! :3

I LOVE Vinienne Holloway dresses!!! I have 3 weddings to go to next year and I am def going to be buying one of those babies to wear to all three but need to have the body to carry it off first!! ;)

I LOVE Vinienne Holloway dresses!!! I have 3 weddings to go to next year and I am def going to be buying one of those babies to wear to all three but need to have the body to carry it off first!! ;)

Oh sweet jesus!
I want one of these dresses!

I have another 2 weddings this year (was already bridesmaid at one in January) and I'd love a fifties style dress!

never heard of this designer...she should give you commission..cos If I get even close to my goal weight in the next 6 months I am so buying one for the last wedding!

I've been eyeing these dresses up since ... err I started changing the way I was eating.

I *really REALLY* want one, they're awesome!

I turn 40 in April and my mother in law is getting remarried end of April, my husbands inlaws will be there, they always say smart-arse comments about us being chubby... so we are going for it, he has already lost 1 st 6lbs in 4 weeks and Ive lost 11lbs. I am determined to be a slim size 14 by then...funny, I have being checking out Vivienne of Holloway dresses for the occasion, I want them all to be shocked. hubby has been doing SW with me; he only has about 7lbs to go (lucky git!)

debbief said:
I turn 40 in April and my mother in law is getting remarried end of April, my husbands inlaws will be there, they always say smart-arse comments about us being chubby... so we are going for it, he has already lost 1 st 6lbs in 4 weeks and Ive lost 11lbs. I am determined to be a slim size 14 by then...funny, I have being checking out Vivienne of Holloway dresses for the occasion, I want them all to be shocked. hubby has been doing SW with me; he only has about 7lbs to go (lucky git!)

Men always lose it quicker! Good luck :) x

Back