Fench dressing help please

needwillpower

Hi there

On day 3 and last night had some of my home made salad dressing (that I make for the pub) - what a shock when I put it in the food diary!

Anyone know of some tasty dressings I can use ?in the past the ones I tried were terrible.

Thanks

The only one I have found that is 'ok' is the spray light balsamic vinegar one, I would have smothered my salad in salad cream so i'm finding it very hard to find a nice substitute!

You can use shop bought fat free vinegrettes and dressings. Some of the 'low fat' dressings are free too (according to syns online).
If your a member play with the syns online feature and time in salad dressings or something and work your way through the list until you find something that you like.

xx

Hello love - How you getting on??

I love salad too as I dont eat fruit but I swear by my Hellmans 'lighter than light' mayo which is a god send for us mayo addicts!! Also Asda do some good dressings like 'Good For You Italian Dressing' and 'Good for You Vinaigrette Dressing' which are both free so pour on and enjoy!! They also do lots of 'Good For You' dressings that are only half syns for 1 or 2 tablespoons... Onto a winner with those!! All else fails try balsamic vinegar - I love it and goes with everything :) Hope that helps xxx

Right - Asda here i come...

I have now given up salad dressings altogether. I find that if the salad ingredients are good quality then they don't need anything on them.

It took a while to get used to it, but I wouldn't want anything on them now.

It's the lettuce that gets me, I'm just not a fan!! I am also a salad cream freak but I've started putting beetroot (pickled) onto it and the juice masks te taste (or lack of!). It's also helped me eat cucumber!! The last few times I've had a salad I've managed to stay away from the salad cream by doing this. :)

You don't have to have lettuce or cucumber if you don't want to - there's dozens of other things that can go into a salad. I have just discovered fennel, finely (and I do mean finely!) sliced, with sliced button mushrooms and chicory.

AnnaFaraday said:
You don't have to have lettuce or cucumber if you don't want to - there's dozens of other things that can go into a salad. I have just discovered fennel, finely (and I do mean finely!) sliced, with sliced button mushrooms and chicory.

Sounds like common sense really lol. I guess it not just a salad without the lettuce! Might try some of what you've suggested though - I'll keep you updated! :)

Well I bought the really low fat helmans mayo and another asda one - not french dressing as I thought it would be better to have another taste - and I really liked it.

Went out today and had a salad nicoise with no dressing - but pinched the beetroot off my husbands plate and it was great - think it will have to feature more on my salads.

However the really good news is that I am finally showing some willpower and not picking when cooking the food in the pub (well am picking at the tomatoes and cucumber, but not the chips or Eton Mess) - also have told the other staff to yell '2 syns!' if they catch me being naughty. Working so far so feeling proud of myself.;)

It is best to use a potato peeler on the fennel, that way you get really fine shavings. I don't like it at all if it is thickly sliced.

as already posted the Hellmans ff vinagrette dressing is lovely. If you add a few drops of tabasco and some sweetener it becomes a lovely sweet chilli dressing/dipping sauce.

Back