Ferb's back on track

ferb

So the last few weeks have been tough - After 8 years of studying I had my final two open university exams last week (yes both on the same day!), so I have been pretty busy revising. Sadly I also miscarried on exam day and then had my friend's dad's funeral the following day. As a result I've been letting things slip a little ending up with a couple of days completely off-plan last week (thank you dominos).

So now I want to get back on track. I need to lose 10lbs by christmas to get my christmas wish of my 5st award, and with 9 WIs to go I know that this is totally achievable. It would also get me into the 14st bracket which would be amazing as I actually can't remember the last time I was in the 14s.

We have shopping arriving this evening and once again I didn't get around to doing a meal plan, so will just have to muddle through for this week, but I am determined to start meal planning again, and I'm going to start keeping a food diary again for a couple of weeks to get me refocused.

So my goals for this week are:
1. Keep a food diary
2. Make a meal plan for next week

Oh no Ferb what awful news :-( am so sorry you are having such a dreadful time, don't think anyone can blame you for having some Domino's medicine! Really sending you lots of hugs for the coming week, try and be as inventive as you can with your shopping as you may be surprised at what you can make out of what you've brought.

Good luck for this week x

At WI last night I lost 1lb which I am really pleased with. I would like to lose 2 this week as that will get me my 4.5st award.

Thursday - Green

Breakfast
- Vanilla mullerlight

Lunch
- Jacket potato
- cheese (heA)
- tuna (heB)
- sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp tesco value salad cream (2 syns)
- pinched a couple of crisps from the kids (1 syn)

Dinner
- pasta
- quark
- 1tsp english mustard (0.5 syns)
- cheddar (heB)
- mozzarella (heA)
- apple

Snacks
- toffee mullerlight
- satsuma
- tesco mint ice cream cone (9 syns)

Drinks
- low cal squash
- diet coke

(total 12.5 syns)

Last edited:
Well my daughter (4 yrs) seems determined to have a fat mummy! Every day this week she has asked to do baking, so this week we have made jammy dodger type biscuits, apple and white choc chip flapjacks, choc chip cookies and today we made chocolate apples (like toffee apples but with melted choc) - thankfully we were out all day wednesday so couldn't make anything. I'm very proud of myself as I've managed to pretty much resist them all - I've just had a tiny nibble of each to see how they came out, although I may have had to lick the spoon today after we melted the chocolate.

Friday - Green

Breakfast
- vanilla mullerlight

Lunch
- jacket potato
- cheddar cheese (2x heA)
- baked beans
- toffee mullerlight

Dinner
- spaghetti
- passata
- garlic
- red chilli
- chilli powder
- chilli flakes
- parmesan (heB)

Snacks
- toffee mullerlight
- tesco strawberry ice cream cone (9 syns)
- melted chocolate (2 syns)

Drinks
- 3 cups of tea with milk (1 syns)
- diet coke
- low cal squash

(total 12 syns)

Last edited:
Saturday - Green

Breakfast
- vanilla mullerlight

Lunch
- jacket potato
- cheddar (2x heA)
- baked beans
- cajun spice
- activia fat free
- satsuma

Dinner
- quorn sausages
- roast potatoes (made with frylight)
- fine green beans
- activia fat free

Snacks
- satsuma
- mint ice cream cone (9 syns)

Drinks
- low cal squash

Last edited:
Went to my grandma-in-laws for lunch today and she served up pizza, so today has not been so great plan-wise. It was a lovely day though.

Sunday - Green

Lunch
- pizza (24 syns?)
- garlic bread (4.5 syns?)
- salad

Snack
- sweet n sour mugshot
- banana

Dinner
- spaghetti
- passata
- garlic
-chilli
-chilli powder
-chilli flakes

Drinks
- tea with milk (0.5 syns)
- diet coke
- low cal squash

Monday - Green

Lunch
- left over spaghetti

Dinner
- jacket potato
- cheddar (2x heA)
- baked beans
- mint ice cream cone (9 syns)

Drinks
- diet coke
- low cal squash

I made a meal plan last night, so from tomorrow diet should be a little bit more varied.

Tuesday - Green

Breakfast
- activia fat free

Lunch
- jacket potato
- cheese (2 x heA)
- baked beans

Snacks
- tub of low fat cottage cheese with pineapple (1.5 syns)
- ginger biscuit (2 syns)
- plum

Dinner
- jacket potato
- cheese (2x heB)
- baked beans
- strawberry ice cream cone (9 syns)

Last edited:
Went to WI last night and I gained 1.5lbs. I'm not too upset about it as the last couple of weeks I have lost and I didn't expect to, so shall wait and see what this week brings. I just about managed to keep a food diary, and made a meal plan so have achieved my goals for this week. I am still determined to get my 5st award before christmas, so now need to lose 10.5lbs in 7 weeks, that's 1.5lbs a week.

This week looks quite good, the only thing I've got on is a lunch at the church where I got married, but I think that it is roast beef with new potatoes and veggies, so hopefully shouldn't be too bad, however there is cheesecake for dessert.

My goals for this week are:
1. to plan my meals for next week
2. to eat breakfast every day (something I struggle to do)

Back