FernXx- Starting All Over Again.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hi All,

I'v decided to start a new weight loss journey, as i am esentially starting all over again and i need a fresh start. Most of you will know me, some of you may have noticed me lingering around here... but for those of you who don't.. My name is Fern.. i'm 19 and im engaged to the most incredible guy. We are expecting our first babe in just 10 weeks!.. and i'v been a member of slimmingworld since May 2008. At my heaviest, i weighed in at 14st 8.5lbs I finally reached target in August 2009, so little over a year and lost a total of 65lbs/ 4 and a half stone. My target weight was 10st 1 lb, and i maintained this happily.. even dropping to 9st 7-breifly ;) - before falling pregnant December last year. I had great intentions of sticking to plan, but i was much too niave and wasn't really prepared for what pregnancy may throw at me. Needless to say by the time the constant sickness had subsided, i had re-created all my bad habits and i became incredibly lazy. I stayed to group every single week, weighing in untill around week 20, when i hit the +2st mark. As a target member this meant i had to begin paying.. and i just couldnt face it anymore. Watching the scales fly up the way they were when i felt i'd worked SOOO hard to get to target.. it was really ruining my enjoyment of this pregnancy and i felt i needed to leave. Take some time for me. . I have thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy since then, but that has meant sooo much chocolate.. and cream cakes.. and generally everything slimmingworld un-friendly you could possibly think of! and now.. shamefully i am at the +3st mark. I cant garentee how much now, as i havnt weighed myself since 2 weeks ago.. at which point i was at 13st 3lbs ( on my SIl's crappy scales, so god knows what the real figure is!) .. Shockingly, before holiday i weighed in at 12 st4 - so i managed to gain a stone in 10 days in cyprus. :cry: Unbelievabubble you may say! but it is true, and it is not unlike me.. i seem to gain weight VERY easily. 9lbs in 4 days the weekend i got engaged.. shocking isnt it?

Anyways. Enough of the rambeling past. Its time to really own up and take responsibility for my own lazyness. I want to continue enjoying my pregnancy, so i have decided not to weigh weekly. I'l weigh as and when i feel brave enough, just to keep an eye on.. and my final weigh in before the big day.. so that i'm not so shocked when i step on those scales after i'v gone pop to know my final figure that i will need to loose to get me back to target.

Ideally i want to get back down to my orginal target weight, but i'm aware that my body will not be the same and i am unlikely to hold the weight the same way i did before.. So whilst this is my orginal aim.. i want to keep going untill i fit in my old size 10 jeans.. as this is all i own and simply cannot afford a new wardrobe! LOL

Iv popped some 'goals' in my signature, but decided not to bother messing with my stats, as i have no idea what to replace them with anyways!!

But Goal one, is to stay on plan from now untill DD atleast. Day one was yesterday and i have to admit its harder getting back into it than expected- even when this is the way youv been eating for the past 3 years.. its strange.. but this has also made me realise my orginal plan to just 'go back to class' after baby's born wouldnt have panned out well, as juggeling a new baby aswell as getting back in the swing of things may have been too much. I need to do this NOW. I see that now!

Im so proud of myself for doing my first day though, and im hopeful and confident that with each day that passes, this will become normal again and i can get back to target and be a happy healthy mummy for my baby!.

So thank you for getting this far, if i havn't completely bored you to death already! I'l be using this place to write my dailey food diarys, thoughts and moans... ;) I hope you'l all help me get to were i need to be. Couldnt have got there before without this place.. so i'm calling all my reinforcments back in please!!

Much love, Fern & Baby B xox

:p

DAY ONE. Thursday 9th June

1 sachet of oat so simple porrige plain. Made with water, HEB

orange chocolate mullerlight & banana

Mixed bean lasagne and cheese HEA
1 can of baked beans, 1 can of mixed beans (kidney, black, broad etc) onion, with lasagne sheets, topped with cheese and baked in the oven.

apple

1/2 a punnet of strawberries
another small banana, 2 oranges

2quorn sausages, mash (2syns for butter) peas and carrots, red onions & gravey (2syns for cornflour)

2 litres of water throughout the day :)

2syns Butter
2syns cornflour
4 syns rice pudding - few spoonfulls

TOTAL 8syns

Last edited:
Day two- Friday 10th June

Breakfast- 1 sachet of porrige HEB

1/2 punnet of strawberries

2 plums

Lunch- Pasta with passata and Tuna sauce ( yellow pepper, red onion, garlic, garlic italian seasoning, black pepper and salt, wochester sauce, balsamic vinegar and tuna) topped with cheese HEA

I snacked on a small bowl of left over mash, should have gone for fruit really but it's unlikley we will eat untill late and baby and I simply cant hack that long without proper food!

another plum, 1 banana, Lemon and lime hartleys jelly sachet 1.5 syns

Dinner- Pataks chicken rogan josh, bulked with fresh tomatoes and onions served with brown rice and very low fat natural yogurt. 5.5syns for 1/3

Syns-
5.5 syn curry sauce
1 1/2 syn jelly
5.5weightwatchers garlic and coriander mini naan bread

TOTAL- 12.5 syns for the day

Last edited:
Hey Fern

Oooh how exciting a baby! I absolutely hated being pregnant both times! Just could not wait to get the baby out. I was sooooo sick with both of them, morning, noon and night - to the point of having to get up in the night to be sick - so god knows why they call it morning sickness!

I weighed 13st 9lbs when I got weighed for my section - I now weigh 13st 13 - yikes how bad is that that I weigh more now than when 9 months pregnant!

Anyway, whatever you've gained you can wipe a stone off easily straight away when baby is born, with baby and everything else so that makes it bit better - doesn't it?!!

Do you know if it's a boy or girl, I never found out with either of mine as I just wanted a surprise and I'm so glad I didn't find out. It's so exciting not knowing what you're gonna get! I have one of each but even if I was to have another I still wouldn't want to find out - but that's just me, everyone is different.

Lots of love and good luck this week xxxxxxxxx:D

At the minute im around the 13st mark myself. (gosh its so hard not to cringe when i see myself write that!) and expect that even with sticking to sw i will of course add to that between now and the big day. Shockingly i only gained 3lbs up untill week 14- then bam! lol iv been packing it on and lightening speed since!!! Im hoping for atleast a stone off come the day after, but i suspect that this 3st so far will be what i have left over.. i'd love it to be less but i doubt it! Im preparing myself the best i can for the *shock* of it all!

we decided to stay 'team yellow' for this baby too! i'v had an inkling its a blue one all the way along, but i'd be so happy with either it really doesnt bother me. I literally cannot wait for the moment when Joe tells me what we'v had though!! Getting the nursery ready etc has been so much fun.. though im bored out of my mind at home right now. Iv been signed off work due to nasty headaches and dizzyness /distorted vision when driving so iv been bumming about at home. Trying to keep myself busy with cleaning but theres only so much cleaning or napping i can fit into a day!!! My sickness was pretty shocking up untill 16 weeks- really really really bad, unbearable almost!! since then its all been tiredness though and i actually got to enjoy most of the second tri! Just on the home run now! xox

Get your naps in now while you can Fern, everyone will say, sleep when your baby sleeps and you think yeah right and who's gonna clean house and do washing etc but in hindsight they were right and they'll also say it's the easiest time when they're babies and again you'll think yeah right, I'm knackered with no sleep and night feeds etc, but yeah they're right about that too - ha!

Soooo worth it though. Mine are 10 and 5 now and going through a horrible stage at the minute, whether it's cos they are ready for going back to school on Monday after hols I don't know but oohh sometimes I could knock their heads together - they just fight and bicker - great eh, wouldn't be without em though.

Take it easy xxx

Admittedly i'm absoloutly terrified of my child being 5+! lol .. il have to remember this advise when i feel like the worlds ending because i havnt slept for two days!! I do love my sleep so im hoping that my theory that you can 'store up sleep' is true. Cos i'v got a feeling i'l need a lot of stores!

x

Hi guys. Trying very hard to stay on track today, have been a bit thrown out as we were out untill 3pm.. and meant i had to source the best of a bad choice of food but here we go.

Breakfast- 1 sachet of simple porrige HEB - 1 tsp of brown sugar. 2.5?

1 banana, 2 plums

2 little snack bags of apple

lunch- a 'spicy chicken and tomato pasta' pot from Tescos. I literally couldnt find anything else- i ate 3/4 of it, but syn wise i need to look up.
counting 10 syns for what i ate. (12EE)
Strawberry shape yogurt

tea- Spaghetti bolognese 1 syns (using shwartz packet) with paramasan HEA side salad of gem lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.

Had a change of plans this eve, bro & SIL cancelled orginal plans to come for dinner, so now were at my sisters and shes got crisps out- god help me.. iv got my chocolate muller.......

13.5 syns Total today, bit dissapointed with that as wasnt expecting 10syns on friggin pasta!

Last edited:
Eeek! Im so pleased, i only nibbled a handful of crisps and stuck with my muller and diet coke. Really pleased with myself. Too early to say that it feels 'normal' again, but im feeling much more confident as the days go by now. So now onto day 4. Another challenge- i was originally cooking our roast dinner, so would have been 100% sw friendly- however because of the change of plans last night, we are now having sunday lunch with my sister at the pub. Im not overly fussed about actually having a roast dinner, so will see what else they have on offer. Maybe even a jacket with beans will do me.

So, will update later.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix HEB and milk part HEA
water

Dinner: feeling a bit sabotaged :(
Hunters chicken, chicken topped with a slice of chedder rest of HEA, served with peas and new potatoes, and a side of med veg- which was dissapointingly just carrots, peas and brocolli (roasted med veg my arse!) bbq sauce 2syns (came in pot on side) so that was all fine, i expect chicken proberly had some oil maybe..
and then- after saying i didnt want a dessert, Joe went ahead and ordered me a bloody choc brownie and custard and then made a massive deal about it, as did my sister when it arrived. I was SO mad! so god knows.. il have to guestimate!

Snacks: 2oranges, 1 banana, 1 shape zero yogurt

Tea: `10pm :O lol i was so hungry all of a sudden! left over spag bowl, 0syns. 2 pears and a plum!

SYNS:
bbq sauce 2 syns
oil 3syns?
custard 10syns
brownie 15 syns

total- 30 syns

will try and rectify by cutting back on syns the rest of the week now. ... *staying positive* x

Im also finding, that im looking at my syns differently this time around. Instead of purposly going out of my way to keep them lower than 5, im reminding myself that they are there to be used and it is somthing i can lower in the future when i may need to closer to T.. plus its helping with the cravings to know i can use them.

Also, on a happy note- I jumped on sisters scales last night as i was on my own and felt quite brave. Now, when we got back from holidays may 27th, i weighed in at 13st 3.. when i jumped on last night, about 7pm, after having a massive amount of spaghetti bolognese at half 5, i weighed 13st exactly.... and when i jumped on this morn i weighed 12 st 11... which has given me hope! - Now all scales read differently and im not taking any of this as gospel, but its given me hope that i can still loose a few lbs. So its spurred me on even more now. :) I think i'l aim to jump on the scales when im feeling the need to 'know' but i still am going to avoid a weekly weigh in.. as i will still gain being that i am pregnant after all! and i think at this early in the 'game' of things, despite knowing its for my baby.. it could throw me off abit.

Thanks for letting me ramble guys.

xox Fern & Baby B xox

Last edited:
Heya Fern! I just wanted to say how amazingly you are doing :) You are a true inspiration and having met you I can verify this is definately true. You know that I put my weight back on and it is SUCH a hard thing to admit so I know how truely brave and hard it is to be completely honest. I spend 12 months putting on weight but telling myself I was still a size 10... Pregnancy is difficult, it does loads of weird things to your body and I know that once the baby is here you will be able to get the weight off again, it took a while but if I can manage it I know anyone can.

With the holiday weight, a lot of it was probably just water and quantity rather than actual fat. I dont know how much a baba should weigh at 30 weeks though, but obviously you will end up putting on weight! Even Victoria Beckham eventually started to look pregnant lol!

You really are doing absoutely amazinly, and just remember you are doing the best you can! Having never reached my final target (hovered 4-7lbs away for a year!) I am pleased when people like yourself manage to stay there and show it really is for life! (Even with small blips - training to teach was a big blip but out of the way now :D) xxx

Oh kirsty that was so lovely, has really made my day. I know if anyone can understand what it's like then i know you will, and im always really proud of you for being honest about it too. I put on a size 12 pair of bottoms today and they are so tight round my thighs, and they'r maternity.. and i had to stop wearing my size 10 maternity jeans a fair while back too.. im 100% sure that im now a size 14 again aside from bump, and given what i weigh minus the guestimated baby fat, it proberly sits about right in terms of what i weighed when i was last a size 14.. Its really difficult to admit to having put it back on, theres a certain eliment of failure there.. and i think almost shock too, almost not wanting to believe it.. because you never expect to see those sorts of numbers again, when you remember how hard you fought to get it off in the first place. Even my ring is getting too tight on my fingers and i cant even blame that on sole pregnancy bloating when its hot, its definitly alot tighter on my finger and i know deep down the time is coming where i'l have to take it off and that really bothers me.

atm if im around the 13st mark, give or take.. baby *should* weigh between 3-4lbs now, so it will proberly gain anywhere up to another 4lbs over the next 9/10 weeks, unless i have an extremly large baby but id prefer to pretend thats not a possibility :D along with waters and placenta and all that extra blood, i'd proberly say maybe 8/9lbs worth of baby related weight possibly? i doubt much more than that. I know the uterus weighs about 2lbs all on its own right at the very end. Anyways, im seriously hoping by sticking to plan i can be slimming elsewhere on the body, whilst baby bump continues to grow (which my god, it is!) so even if the scales arnt going down, i can feel a difference.. as i cant expect to see continues numbers when my baby has to keep growing.. and i want it to keep growing so its time to be alot healthier about it all too, sw=perfect :eek:

Im feeling okay about it all, though now im not at work im ALOT less active. Im desperatly hoping i might fit in my friends maternity tankini so i can go swimming, cos i simply cannot afford £30 odd quid on a cossie i wont wear after! .. but as my boobies have got so incredibly big, im not hopeful. Walking is out because iv developed really bad back and hip pain, so doing any walking futher than 1/2 a mile is out. :( it has to be said thats getting me down a bit too.

Despite all this i REALLY love being pregnant, its been/is the most incredible thing i'v ever done and im so proud of my little body! and im so pleased.. (completely shallow here) that i got rid of all my weight before falling pregnant, because i genuinly never thought i'd be one of those woman to have a proper bump because i was always so fat, so im so appreciative of my body. Even if it has suddenly decided to give me stretch marks..:( lol

Your doing so well kirsty, have you a food diary? id love to see how your getting on 'this time round' in terms of how your using the plan? are you finding that you follow it more or less the same way you did last time, or looking at it differently? im definitly using my syns a hell of a lot more than i did in the past! xx

"If your pre-pregnancy weight was in the healthy range for your height (a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), you should gain between 25 and 35 pounds, gaining 1 to 5 pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy for the optimal growth of your baby." : Pregnancy weight gain: What to expect | BabyCenter

Thats like two stone! :O Thought I had seen this before lol that is a lot! And hopefully makes you feel a little better. But Im glad I helped a little! You do start to believe you are the only person going through it but its definately not true! I know what you mean about rings, mine got propper tight but after nearly 5 st gain you would expect that!! Not wearing it at hte minute as I have lost one of the diamonds and so dont want to loose the rest, but there is a pic of me from training last year where I have tried to squeeze myself into 14's and I was a 16 going on 18 and I look awful and all I could think was why did no one tell me?! But I wouldnt admit it to myself so probably wouldnt listen anyway.

If I loose half a pound on thursday im back into the 13's and havent seen them in over a year! Feb 10 was last time I think. Hoping for 3 to get my 1.5st and club 10. I suppose even if you maintain your current weight it means your baby is growing but you are shrinking! There are people who have managed to loose during pregnancy but they must be gods as I think being healthy must be SO hard!

Does sound like you are stuck with the exercise though, I dont have time but do enjoy it. Sounds stupid but could you wear a bikini and put a tshirt on? I know some places will let you do this, and will probably help the back pains.

I have tons of stretchmarks everywhere and like to think of them as scars from my stressful life. They are a sign of where I have come from and proud they are mine :) Took me 3 years to have this view mind! I cant change them so might as well accept them. I am keeping a food diary of sorts on FB, got whole profile called Gonnabe Slimmer and post all my tea pics up (at least!) and it has REALLY kept me motivated. I could start posting on here but only tend to come on here during work hehe and I am doing EE whereas I was always a green day girl before and I love EE as it suits me and OH, and find I cant save syns anymore. I have to now have 10 a day, in uni I would have 30-40 on night out and cope for rest of the week but now it stresses me out and I want more junk! Im sure I could just about manage but telling myself I can have chocolate every night makes me content hehe I also have syns in food :O Would never have dared in uni as booze was far more important ;) I will be that cover girl again and you will be that tiny tiny skinny minny!! With an absolutely gorgeous baba Im sure xxx

I totally get what you mean re the syns in food! Its funny isnt it, its such a massive difference this time round, in terms of you being in uni when you lost it all and now your working .. its a very different set up. When i started loosing weight i was bumming around at home, then when id lost about a stone i started hairdressing at college for a year and got to target a few months after i qualified (think i finished in the June, YSOTY was aug 09 wasnt it) and iv maintained ever since.. which was great. This time round iv been working a really active job, which whilst it never actually seemed to help me loose weight :confused: now im on mat leave.. so thats activity level is way down, and in 10 wks time, il have NO way to plan my day. I think its the unknown that scares me. I feel like iv got my old determination back though, which is incredible because i havnt felt like this in a LONG time. occasionally i catch myself thinking 'oh, but i am only going to be pregnant for 10 more weeks!' when im hovering over the cake counter etc.. but then i remind myself how amazing it is to be at target and how important it is to me.. and how hard its been getting back into it. Deep down i dont think i could hack trying to start sw all over again and a baby all at once.. atleast this way i'l be a few months into it when babe arrives. When i quit smoking i'd been doing sw for about 3 months i dont think i could have done that without already being so 'in' to sw.. so i work on that principle again. Its hard trying to do so much at once. I will do it though.. we will do it! wev done it before (as people love to tell you!!)

Keep thinking of that wedding dress, have you tried any on yet for inspiration? oh my goodness. I'l never forget the feeling of putting on 'my' dress' and knowing it was a size 10/12. i never ever thought i'd be like that ever. Its really spurring me on.

Iv actually got SO many stretch marks from loosing the weight, but they'r all silver and they never bother me! I think iv made it this far without any new ones because my tummy isnt any bigger than it was back then, however now its getting so rounded im getting new little purple ones right underneath. They'r only little right now though and im wacking on the stretch mark oil :D in the hope that they will just turn silver quicker. If i can get away without stretching my beautiful tattoo, that'd be incredibubble though!

what days to you weigh in? are you attending classes?? it feels so odd not going to class. :sigh: i cant wait to go back! roll on september! x

MONDAY 13 JUNE

Breakfast: 1 sachet of simple porrige HEB
Strawb zero shape yogurt

Lunch: Pasta topped with passata, yellow pepper, red onion, tuna, herbs and seasoning, balsamic vinegar and worchester sauce, topped with cheese HEA

1/2 punnet of strawberries
1 pear
1 plum

Tea: slow cooked chicken, skin removed, potatoes, carrots, peas, onion chicken gravey made with bisto granuels 1syn, homemade yorkie 5 syns, cupcake 8 syns

1 orange choc mullerlight

TOTAL: 14 syns

Last edited:
keep at it hun! Be strong for you and bump! Sometimes its hard to diet i find if you have another mouth to feed. I have yet to experience this XD

Ah Fern, tis good to see you back on track hun.
You're looking fab and tanned and the bump is gorgeous. Can't believe how quickly it has gone by.
Good luck girl. xxx

Breakfast: 1/2 punnet strawbs, shape zero yogurt

1 nanaba, 1 shape zero yogurt

Lunch: cold new pots, cold hard boiled eggs, ham, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and a wholemeal roll HEB, 1 laughing cow light 1.5 syns (will double check that!)

snack: 2 oranges

Dinner: potatoe wedges topped with cheese HEA and beans x

Last edited:
Hey miss! Nice to see you back! Hope you and bump are good! Well done you for getting motivated whilst being preggers! I put on a whooping 4st when I had mine! It will all come off once baby is born so enjoy it!

Okay so it's wednesday, and now im desperate for my weekly dose of image therapy. :confused: i knew this would happen.

Im not sure what to do. There is a class in an hour run by my consultant. do i go and rejoin as a full member now? Im feeling totally ready for it, equally very nervous. not sure why though?!

on one hand, if i go back now to class, il have to weigh weekly again, which is what i said i wouldnt do.. to avoid upsetting myself. Having said that i feel in a much better frame of mind about it all, and feel like i could stick to it.. even if the scales do show they'r going up?

eurgh i dont know what to do. Im desperate to go and jump on those scales and have a proper weight rather than guessing an average from a bunch of random ones.. on the other hand, im worried its going to have some kind of weird reverse affect on me and il end up stuffing my face? :confused:

Back