FernXx- Starting All Over Again.

hi fern hope u dont mind me noseying around your diary! i love your attitude towards weight gain and you seem to know your priorities and not stress yourself out when you have a little blip which is great :) i put on a ridiculous amount whilst pregnant (about 4stone??) lol and it got to the stage that my daughter was 3 and i thought right theres no excuse now! unfortunately i left it too late and now have saggy belly! (c-section doesnt help!) but you are doing brilliantly so keep up the good work, hope u dont mind if i subscribe :) xxx

Yeah, stick around :D *waves*

So ladies, i went back to class this morning. Im feeling, odd. It was really nice to be back. My C had obviously missed me and the morning class was a completley different bunch to my evening group. Lots of new mummies and most of which who were now at target or very close, so that was really inspirational to see. :) My C was really good and im excited to go back next week.

Il be having my treat night with my bestie this evening and then im straight back on track tomorrow. :eek:

am feeling positive!

So my starting weight is official: 12stone 12 lbs exactly.. so we'v agreed there will be no setting weekly targets, just seeing how it goes :) so theres 9weeks till the big day, and baby is of course plumping up between now and then, so we'l just see. Im hoping il loose weight from elsewhere, but im not sure if the scales will reflect that. So we'l see how we go!

xx

yay! *waves back* lol
good to hear your feeling positive about slimming world groups again, bet the new mums with babies made u feel all broody!
hope u have a great treat night with your bff, we all have 2 have our treats they make the being good much easier ;) lol xxxx

Atleast now i can get back to sw online too, cos not having that access made finding syn values hard! .. iv decided to reset all my progress on there too. So iv set my start date as last week, and put my starting weight at 13st as thats what i guess is what i weighed last week, so Im taking it as a 2lb loss this week being that i weighed in at 12.12 today. :eek: so thats a good start!

Im knackered after group this morning. All that nattering has tired me out!!

aww bless you! get your sleep in while u can lovey ;) lol xx

Yeah, stick around :D *waves*

So ladies, i went back to class this morning. Im feeling, odd. It was really nice to be back. My C had obviously missed me and the morning class was a completley different bunch to my evening group. Lots of new mummies and most of which who were now at target or very close, so that was really inspirational to see. :) My C was really good and im excited to go back next week.

Il be having my treat night with my bestie this evening and then im straight back on track tomorrow. :eek:

am feeling positive!

So my starting weight is official: 12stone 12 lbs exactly.. so we'v agreed there will be no setting weekly targets, just seeing how it goes :) so theres 9weeks till the big day, and baby is of course plumping up between now and then, so we'l just see. Im hoping il loose weight from elsewhere, but im not sure if the scales will reflect that. So we'l see how we go!

xx

Dont worry hun! We are all sticking behind you! Treat yourself once in a while. Thats what its there for!!!

I treated myself last night to 6 1.2 syns worth of chips with T! Oven cooked but extremely bad! hahaha! Didnt realised... how bad... but after i stopped myself munching on 2 slices of Pepperoni pizza at work which my whole department was eating for free i felt i deserved it!

So let it go girl!
Hope you and the bump are well :) X ;)

Fern's Week's Food Planner: Thursday 16 June- Tuesday 21 June

Thursday- chicken salad
- Baked potatoe, cheese and beans.

Friday - Pasta with passata & tuna topping
- Homemade bacon burgers and salad

Saturday- Tuna and spring onion macaroni pasta salad
- Chilli con carni and brown rice

Sunday - Quorn sausage and mash

Monday - Tuna and spring onion macaroi cold pasta salad
- chilli tacos and salad

Tuesday- Ham and new potato salad
- spaghetti bolognese

oooh can i come to yours for dinner! :) lol xx

I ALWAYS have wednesday's 'off' cos thats how i work best. always have done, always will.. i find it keeps me on track the rest of the week if i keep telling myself 'i'l have it wednesday!' .. i had a cupcake for breaky :D a white bread sarni for dinner and i think il be having a kebab for dinner .. mmmmm LOL

Cant feel guilty, cos its wednursday ;)

I ALWAYS have wednesday's 'off' cos thats how i work best. always have done, always will.. i find it keeps me on track the rest of the week if i keep telling myself 'i'l have it wednesday!' .. i had a cupcake for breaky :D a white bread sarni for dinner and i think il be having a kebab for dinner .. mmmmm LOL

Cant feel guilty, cos its wednursday ;)

Kebab for dinner sounds well lush hahaha!

So, i decided to try ASDA for my food shop this week. I usually shop at morrisons and average about £66 a week.. and we are in dier need of food when the week is up. The past 2 weeks iv been to Lidls in an attempt to save. I was very sceptical at first as i hate Lidl, the store, the food.. lol always clastraphobic, unorganised and generally full of weirdos and rude staff who practically throw your food at you. The first week i still spent 50quid, and the second week i did it for 34quid which i was pleased with, but due to having unexpected guests still spent a futher 28quid at tescos mid week :sigh: so i'v been fighting a loosing battle, saying that it's now thursday and i did that shop last monday/tuesday, so it has lasted just over a week but still.

Anyways, iv just bought the following for £41.10 including delivery (between 10-12 tomo) and im quite impressed. It was based on my original menu & shopping list above, but i got some extras based on deals so i can change it up a bit! As its being delivered tomo also, todays menu will have to changed based on whatever i have left in my cupboards lol :confused: which could be god knows what lol

so heres this weeks shopping list for anyone who is interested, thought it worth me keeping track of here as i never keep my recipts long enough to look back and know where im really saving my money!
1 A Bartlett Red Rooster Potatoes £1.00 1 Andrex Natural Rolls £1.97 1 ASDA Baking Potatoes £0.70 1 ASDA British sausages - beef 8s £1.50 1 ASDA Chicken Breast Fillets £3.33 1 ASDA Conference Pears £1.47 1 ASDA Extra Juicy Oranges £1.97 1 ASDA Farmhouse Sliced £0.70 1 ASDA Gala Apples £1.00 2 ASDA Lean Beef Mince £6.67 1 ASDA Mixed Peppers £1.00 1 ASDA Orangeade (Sugar Free) £0.47 1 ASDA Organic Onions - red £0.94 1 ASDA Salad Tomatoes £0.95 1 ASDA Smartprice British Carrots £0.76 1 ASDA Smartprice Passata £0.25 1 ASDA Spring onions £0.64 2 ASDA Strawberries £2.00 1 ASDA Tuna Chunks Brine £0.88 1 ASDA Whole Cucumber £0.80 3 Cadbury Highlights Milk Chocolate £1.00 1 I can't believe it's not butter Light Spread £1.00 1 KTC Red kidney beans - chilli £0.28 4 Light Fat Free Yogurt Orange Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate £2.44 1 Pom Bear Cheese & Onion £1.00 1 Total Greek Yogurt Fat Free 0% Strained £0.88

Food plan for the next two weeks (17th-29th)
based on the shopping iv just ordered with Asda-

Friday 17th- BBQ- homemade burgers and salad
Saturday 18th- chilli con carni and rice
Sunday 19th- Sausage and mash
Monday 20th- Jacket spud, baked beans and cheese
Tuesday 21st- Spaghetti bolognese
Wednesday 22nd- Wifey Night & Weigh day :D
Thursday 23rd- Pasta & passata
Friday 24th- Chicken wrapped in bacon
Saturday 25th- Chilli con carni
Sunday 26th- Chicken roast dinner
Monday 27th- Jacket potato, baked beans and cheese
Tuesday 28th- spaghetti bolognese

hey hun how did the delivery go? ive heard some people say they sometimes give you meat with all the same expiy dates so u cant use them and things like that so was qute sceptical? if its good i may have to order mine online next time so i dont grab naughty things while im in there! lol xxxx

oh yeah i should have read that lol how embarrasing! xx

So nice to see you back, I used to read your old diary and think you sound nice and focused now and going back to group was such a smart thing to do. If you find the pressure of weighing in weekly you can always ask your consultant to keep your book.

Your menus look great. Keep up the good work.

Teresa

Aw thanks :D It is nice to be back in the swing of things properly. I feel like im in the right frame of mind now. I considered using my old diary on here, but i need to let go of my attachment to my old 'target' it just makes me feel guilty, so felt it better to start a whole new diary. Stick with me so you can keep an eye on me hey :p xox

Thursday 16th June

Today is looking very sorry for itself, there is literally nothing in my cupboard, thank god for asda delivery tomorrow.. i tell you i better be impressed!

Breakfast: 1 sachet simple porrige oats HEB 1 level tsp of brown sugar 1syn

snack: shape zero yogurt

Lunch: Pasta topped with passata, onions, peppers, herbs, tuna, seasoning and cheese HEA

Snack: another shape yogurt, 1 orange and carrot sticks

tea: Its looking like it'l be left over new potatoes sliced and fried... and baked beans :confused: LOL

OH will be having a frozen pizza tonight :rolleyes:

really missing my fruit :( looking forward to tomorrow.

Syns Total: Brown sugar 1 syn.

Am keeping syns low today as yesterday i ate lots of naughtyness and really dont feel like anything special today.

Friday 17 June

Breakfast: 1 sachet of simple porrige, 1 tsp of brown sugar 1 syn

shape zero yogurt

Lidl own brand twix style biscuit bar. 14syns

.. currently waiting for Asda delivery, i am STARVING. i literally have NOTHING in the house. I was trying so hard to wait for my delivery but i cant and was starting to get a headache so have had to use all my syns, which doesnt bode well for our bbq tonight but i will try my best to be 100%. :( uh oh.

*update*

Lunch; macoroni pasta with cheese HEA as asda delivery still hadnt arrived by 3 flipping o'clock. EURGH

2 apples

strawberries, half another apple (shared with my neice lol)

dinner: 2 homemade burgers with onions, lots and lots of salad. (lettuce, red pepper, spring onions, cucumber and tomatoes)

Desperatly trying to avoid any further naughties. after using all my syns today.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow now im prepared food wise. xx

Last edited:
Hey hun, just wanted to remind you that your a star and doing absolutely amazingly!!!

Also I did it, got 3lbs!!! See sig for all the awards I got this week :D I am so happy xx

Back