Fifty Shades of Shame.

Karrinnae

My daughters mean the world to me as I am sure yours do to you.

My eldest has her engagement party on the 24th August. She told her sister "What is mum going to wear? Another black top and black pair of trousers??!!!" Her sister told me this. F never would as she is kind, thoughtful and would never hurt anyone.

P on the other hand tells it as it is.

"Mum! You have to do something! I hate! I hate it! I don't recognize you anymore! You have to lose weight! I worry that you are going to end up so fat that you will lose your job and will just be stuck to the sofa. One day it will be in the paper about how you have died and the ambulance men will have to hoist you out the house on a crane. It will be in all the newspapers! I will be so embarrassed! "

So........... for my own sake, as I need to face up to it.
And to spare P the embarrassment of my death being in the national press.

Lets begin again.

BTW P loves me just as much F she just has a different way of dealing with things :)

So here goes, I just have to do it this time.

First Day

My shake tastes so bad! And despite using a blender - lumpy! Hopefully the soup ones will taste better.

Weight 20 stone 5lbs
Dress size 24 which is too tight.

Last edited:
LOL Karrinnae!
Kids who'd have 'em eh hehe
Your almost exactly the same weight as I was when I started CD , if you can stick to it you will be at least a dress size smaller by the 24th august so will have to buy brand new black trousers and top;p
I couldnt stand the shakes either , the spicy tomatoe soup wasnt too bad or the apple porridge.
good luck with your first few days hun , drink plenty of water and have early nights and you will feel fab in no time
x

LOL Karrinnae!
Kids who'd have 'em eh hehe
Your almost exactly the same weight as I was when I started CD , if you can stick to it you will be at least a dress size smaller by the 24th august so will have to buy brand new black trousers and top;p
I couldnt stand the shakes either , the spicy tomatoe soup wasnt too bad or the apple porridge.
good luck with your first few days hun , drink plenty of water and have early nights and you will feel fab in no time
x

HI you are an inspiration!!!

Hi Karrinnae, I am starting CD too. I noticed on a different thread you were looking for a diet buddy, I would love to lend you support. I have about 4st to loose......this time around. I haven't usde CD before but have been gaining and loosing for 20 yrs now :(. So really I would love to be diet buddies. I am thinking about starting a diary too? I have completed day 1. Did you like your shakes any better? Did you try the soups? Also, I am in the US so time difference could be interesting. LOL

Hi Karrinnae

Godd luck dont be disheartened I used to dislike the shakes unless they went in my smoothie maker with Ice. I have just bought a smal blender for work and it has changed my opinion ....No lumps as they make me heave! I always lose more on the shakes and soups than weeks on the bars and tetra's.

GCR035 Nuo Mini Blender - Robert Dyas -

This is one I bought and perfect for work and small enough to carry back and forth if needed but its the best £11.99 I have ever spent!

OMG - The Shame.
Day two

Thank you ladies for your replies. Maggie I would love to buddy up with you. Carly i will buy one of those. So the ice doesnt dissolve it stays lumpy?

I am so ashamed today i couldnt even last one day yesterday. Hubby went to bed and i went crazy - 2 slices of toast with butter, packet of maltersers.

Am i so addicted to food that I cant even go one one day on this - seems that the proof is I cant.

So today, I will be going all day on SS and nothing will make me eat

So help me God!

You can do it! I only use ice at home not at work so not sure but my kenwood one at home works fine with ice. I usually put a bit extra water and some crushed ice :)
Once they are blended properly even without ice they are fine x

Hi love and good luck with yr plan x pls don't worry about the blip it's hard to go from eating whatever u want to bloody god awful shakes but if I can do it do can u x at my heaviest I was 20 stone I'm now almost into the 13s and I have yo to dieted all my life but right now I'm so determined x congrats to yr daughter and her engagement and yeah kids hey brutally honest although what was said was maybe a little extreme x cd is all in the head for me and the more positive I feel the easier it is to stick with it x maybe write a list of all the positives for u that losing weight will be because weight loss has to be for u or it just doesn't seem to work x in starting this u have proven so brave and courageous and for that u should be proud x I aim to get to 10stone so I had to shift 10stone of fat ! I'm half way there now and have 4stone left to go x x I'm here if u need me love just find my diary and moan away it's a free for all really but good luck today I have faith u can do it and if u really struggle look at the ss+ meal because better to cave in and have that and it may make transition into the diet easier xxxx hope this helps. X love lea x

Day 2

The leek and potato soup wasnt too bad. But OMG how i could still go that bacon sandwich! Am going to go clean the kitchen to take my mind off things. Its hard on a friday as friday has always been my wineday and its the BB eviction night. Yes I love BB. I also love wine. I also love food. I want to love being thin more !

Karrinnae said:
OMG just looked at your stats you have done so well. Such a timely post as well as I was craving a bacon roll but will have a shake instead xx

Whiooooop well done u so glad I posted then xxx

Hi Karrinnae,

Love the title of your thread, very eye catching and a good twist to the original.

Also your forthright daughter reminds me a bit of myself when I was young and the interaction I had with my own mother...I had no patience for pussyfooting around a subject that the rest of my siblings would talk and procrastinated about for so long before if ever deciding to confront the situation...I would jump in and tell it as it was without the window dressing and at times it caused my mother and myself to clash but in the later years we were the best of friends and fifteen years later I still miss her...we only ever have the one mother.

Just think...in 24 days if you stick with SSing it is very possible you could be down one and half stone and feeling so much better in yourself. One of the first things I noticed was how clear my skin became and my eyes...probably to do with all the water and the toxins leaving the system.

When you start the shakes you mostly can only taste the vitamins, minerals and trace elements and to help dilute this taste if you take a half class of water before the shake it will help...as time goes on you won't notice this taste as your taste buds adapt.

For blending don't put in too much water to start you can add it later when you get the lumps out...we all have our preference to how we blend our shakes and I use a hand blender, like the one you would use for pureeing soups.

If you are tempted to eat and feel you just can't stop yourself go for a small piece of lean protein like chicken. Eating foods like bread and sweets will delay you going into ketosis...once in ketosis you should find that hunger is greatly reduced and you can look forward to your first week weigh in which should be a good one on the scales as you lose mostly glycogen and water and after that your body turns into a fat burning machine.

As someone has already said you could always think about doing SSing+ which is either 4 packs and a milk allowance of 200ml of skimmed milk or 3 packs and a small 200 calorie meal of lean protein and non starchy veggies.

Weekends are tough but you will be so happy with yourself on Sunday night if you stick with it and it will show on the scales.

Hang in there, you can do this!

Day 2

The leek and potato soup wasnt too bad. But OMG how i could still go that bacon sandwich! Am going to go clean the kitchen to take my mind off things. Its hard on a friday as friday has always been my wineday and its the BB eviction night. Yes I love BB. I also love wine. I also love food. I want to love being thin more !

Fridays were always the hardest for me too, its still kinda strange being able to actualy remember on saturday morning who got evicted from BB...I mostly used to have to watch it again next day to remind myself lol
It does get easier , I can only compare it too stopping smoking , its mostly the habits you have to break.
I used to always munch after my OH had gone to bed ...it was *my time*
I had had numerous failed attempts at CD before, what helped this time was having the SS+ meal (usualy a 2 egg omlette with a sneaky lean rasher of bacon chopped into it )...you dont realy lose any less weight and if you have it on an evening it might just get you thru the day....like Mini said tho if you have to munch something make it lean protein.....your body is going to be fighting you all the way these first few days wanting carbs and sugar but if you can get thru today then you have won the battle cos thats all it takes just one day at a time x

Hey Karriannae,
I hope you are having a good day. I am in those first few awful days too. Hang in there. Mini offered some excellent advice though. So, did I read on another post that you are a teacher? I am and have to go back to school in 25 days. Wouldn't it be great if we could both be well on our way with droppping the weight. When do you go back?

Day Three

Yeahhhhhh I made it to day three and not one cheat yesterday!
Finding the shakes a bit better and sent hubby to go and exchange some of my soups for more shakes which my CDC has said is ok.

However i was meant to go to the cinema tonight and ive cancelled. i just know a hot dog would sneak past my lips. The crafty buggar!

Soooooooooo heres to getting to Day 4 without a hitch.

Aint it funny how one counts the days , day by day as though it was a war.

Well actually it is a war, and this is the first battle of many against the enemy .

Back