***fight the flab friday - hour by hour ***

Angela, I really hope you feel better tomorrow. Sleep is the best thing for you (as well as imagining the kick up the backside you can give the GP when you go see him and he says 'hmm, oh yes, I think we should take your tonsills out' and you say 'really? I'd never thought that would solve the problem!')

Mia - I know how you feel. I had a night out last Sat (first on CD) for my birthday (yes, my birthday!) and wasn't really up for it at all. But kind of felt I had to do it and prove to both my friends and myself that I can diet and still go out. Anyway, I didn't stay late (was home by 12) but I did make a point of pampering myself before I went - long bath, fake tan, nails done etc and I put on a dress and totally vamped it up. I think I thought if I was dressed like that I could just brazen out the feelings of panic at being sober! lol And, apart from the fact that it was broad daylight and I felt a tad overdressed until it got dark, it pretty much kept me going. Don't know if doing something like that would work for you, but might be worth thinking about.

Luci - poor you. Sneaky WIs are a curse. I tried an experiment the other day... I weighed myself before going to bed and then again in the morning and guess what? I was 1lb heavier in the morning! So it kind of proved to me that I shouldn't take any notice of what the scales say in between official weigh ins. Probably still won't stop me from doing it though! lol

Hello to everyone else - hope your Friday's are shaping up ok.

T :)
PS - sorry for the marathon post!

Hope you feel better soon Lisa (hugs)
I've been ill since the day I started CD (fortnight tomorrow!) and it's made it bloody hard, feeling better now though.
Well the scales are still stuck, only think I'll have lost 2lb this week :0(
Although if that was on any other diet I'd be chuffed! I dunno, think I'm just being impatient.
Going for a lush cappucino shake now, hope everyone's having a good day
x

Mia - I know how you feel. I had a night out last Sat (first on CD) for my birthday (yes, my birthday!) and wasn't really up for it at all. But kind of felt I had to do it and prove to both my friends and myself that I can diet and still go out. Anyway, I didn't stay late (was home by 12) but I did make a point of pampering myself before I went - long bath, fake tan, nails done etc and I put on a dress and totally vamped it up. I think I thought if I was dressed like that I could just brazen out the feelings of panic at being sober! lol And, apart from the fact that it was broad daylight and I felt a tad overdressed until it got dark, it pretty much kept me going. Don't know if doing something like that would work for you, but might be worth thinking about.

I do that anyway, but to be honest I just can't be bothered to get ready, put my make up on, do my hair just to drink water and stay sober. If it was anyone else's birthday I just wouldn't go, but its my sister so I feel I should.

Also, I am in a rut and should pull myself together. I need to get out I suppose but its the lack of energy that's making me not want to. I must really try to get out of this feeling or it will get worse. Is weight loss worth feeling like this?

Is weight loss worth feeling like this?

I think only you can answer that, Mia. You know yourself and you'll know whether you'd feel worse if you stopped trying to lose weight or whether you can cope with feeling less than 100% for a (relatively) short period of time so that you can get to where you want to be and feel good about yourself (both physically and mentally).

There's no denying that it's tough and some days you must want to throw the towel in. All I'd say though, is think about the long and short term effects making a change (whether that's to continue with CD or not) would have.

And although it's only words on a screen, remember that people here will support you as much as possible.

Positive vibes winging their way over the interweb to you :)

Hi lovely losers,

Just rushing on to say hi! I'm here and doing it!!!

Lost 5lbs this week so well chuffed :)

Have a great weekend ya'all

I've had this kind of day

wtf-cat.jpg

Followed by

018_fry-argh.gif

Amongst other things woman in Marks telling me I was a 40DD

Now I am currently wearing a 36 F which is loose at the back.

Seriously - I think the cat says it all.

Lexie- Marks are awful for measurements, they just take the p**s! Went there to get measured and she said to start with a 40 D cup, I almost laughed! went to bravisimo- they're ace and well worth it and got a 38 G, which is now loose but I'll definately be going back there once I loose a bit more.

Well done Sarah!!

Utterly laughable - where on earth do people get this idea that Marks are the creme de la creme of bra sizing? I much prefer Bravissimo but look forward to eventually getting to Rigby and Peller.

I don't want to think about how my bra size will change, it's depressing!!!

Utterly laughable - where on earth do people get this idea that Marks are the creme de la creme of bra sizing? I much prefer Bravissimo but look forward to eventually getting to Rigby and Peller.

Marks are not good at sizing at all..
I used to work in Rigby and Peller.... many a year ago.. its fab !!!!

I would love to be a petite (for me) 32D again, however age comes to us all. Have accepted that might not happen.

Anyhoo - I'm off to bed - placement again tomorrow :(

On a flippin Saturday

Take care peeps. See you later

hey everyone - sorry I havent been on - have got MAJOR problems with my phone line - we currently do not have a land line and the lady at the post office said that the men who can fix it only work mon-fri GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! so Im at my mates house hijacking her pc to let you know Im still here but cant post for the forseeable future until it is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done on all the weight losses and AB FAB 7lbs WHOOOOOOO im proud of you.

Katycakes - ta for the books you are an absolute star and I cant believe I wont be online before you go away - have an absolute ball - I know you are working but hopefully you can stilll have a good time!

will see you all in a few days hopefully and all being a bit slimmer and sticking to it 100%
xxxx

Back