Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Oh Dawnie I am so so sorry Andy has been so ill :bighug: :bighug: bless you :bighug:

Don't worry about what the scales say for now my lovely you have way too much on your plate and its far more important that Andy gets better and you look after yourself too sweetie :bighug: :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dawn x

So sorry Andy isn't so well at the moment x

Forget the diet x I know how difficult it is to try to stick to it when a loved one is so poorly, and it's just not worth adding to the stress you already have x

It was so brave of you to even start on sw under the circumstances, and no one is going to blame you for putting it on the back burner for a while until Andy improves xxx Quite rightly your mind is on other far more important things ... Andy needs all the love, attention, support and reassurance you can give him at the moment.

The time to try again is once he's all sorted and back home with you x

One little thing that people here said to me while my Dad was poorly last year...

Please remember to look after yourself too x It's very important that you remain strong and healthy, ok? So promise us you will try to get enough sleep, and food (whatever it may be) x

Lots of love and prayers for you both,

Dawnie xxx

Hi Dawn

Sorry to hear about Andy's setback and I hope he gets some strength back soon. I echo everyone's comments about not worrying about food, then again, I know if you eat cr_p, you feel cr_p - can you take rice/pasta salad or a nice sarnie with you or some cereal bars for when you get the munchies?? Not so much for weight loss but for feeling good about yourself so you can cope better.

Lots of love and a hug..

Pomooky XXX

Hi Dawnie II:p

Glad Andy has taken my advice and took a few days away from you (can't reveal any more - it's all part of "the code")

Steve

Hi all

Back home again Yay!!! thanks for the messages folks. Andy is much better than last week, he is in his computer chair again and sorting out his iphone and other technical stuff:) Tis good to feel just a little bit normal again;)

For lunch today I made a lovely SW friendly meal, it was a bed of Iceberg lettuce with plain cous cous on top then a stir fry of mushrooms, sweet red peppers and spring onions with spinach and a couple of dollops of creme fraiche on top of that.

It was lovely and I think classed as free food (?) apart from the creme Fraiche which I think would be counted as syns.

Does anyone know how many syns are in 50g creme fraiche? It's the one from Lidl which is 30% fat.

Hi Dawn x

So sorry Andy isn't so well at the moment x

Forget the diet x I know how difficult it is to try to stick to it when a loved one is so poorly, and it's just not worth adding to the stress you already have x

It was so brave of you to even start on sw under the circumstances, and no one is going to blame you for putting it on the back burner for a while until Andy improves xxx Quite rightly your mind is on other far more important things ... Andy needs all the love, attention, support and reassurance you can give him at the moment.

The time to try again is once he's all sorted and back home with you x

One little thing that people here said to me while my Dad was poorly last year...

Please remember to look after yourself too x It's very important that you remain strong and healthy, ok? So promise us you will try to get enough sleep, and food (whatever it may be) x

Lots of love and prayers for you both,

Dawnie xxx

Thanks Dawnie Warnie :):)

Hi Dawn, Glad Andy is home and things are getting back to normal!

I cant find a lidl creme fraiche so I hope this helps

Product Extra Easy Original Green
Cream, Creme fraiche, half fat, 1 level tbsp 1½ 1½ 1½
Cream, Creme fraiche, half fat, 100ml 8½ 8½ 8½
Cream, Creme fraiche, luxury, 1 level tbsp 3 3 3
Cream, Creme fraiche, luxury, 100ml 19 19 19
Cream, Creme fraiche, standard, 1 level tbsp 2 2 2
Cream, Creme fraiche, standard, 100ml 14 14 14

Dinner sounds lovely :)

Hiya, Hash Brown

Glad to hear things are looking up a bit. Let's hope the upward trend continues.

Sorry I can't help with the creme fraiche. You'll need to get an answer from one of the bods wot do SW properly - with access to the site & everything.
Not renegades like me.

And well done on at least one SW-friendly meal. Maybe a few more to come, now that you're both settled back at home.

KYBO & KYPU - Rosti

Hi Dawn

Sorry to hear about Andy's setback and I hope he gets some strength back soon. I echo everyone's comments about not worrying about food, then again, I know if you eat cr_p, you feel cr_p - can you take rice/pasta salad or a nice sarnie with you or some cereal bars for when you get the munchies?? Not so much for weight loss but for feeling good about yourself so you can cope better.

Lots of love and a hug..

Pomooky XXX

Hi Pomooky, Thanks for the messages and suggestions, it's nice of you to take the time to drop in. :)

Oh Dawnie I am so so sorry Andy has been so ill :bighug: :bighug: bless you :bighug:

Don't worry about what the scales say for now my lovely you have way too much on your plate and its far more important that Andy gets better and you look after yourself too sweetie :bighug: :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww thanks Jackie, you are a sweetie... :)

And let's get a few more posts under your belt, shall we.
I'm still hanging around, outside the Silver area - for yooooooo-oooo-ooooo

Hi Dawn, Glad Andy is home and things are getting back to normal!

I cant find a lidl creme fraiche so I hope this helps

Product Extra Easy Original Green
Cream, Creme fraiche, half fat, 1 level tbsp 1½ 1½ 1½
Cream, Creme fraiche, half fat, 100ml 8½ 8½ 8½
Cream, Creme fraiche, luxury, 1 level tbsp 3 3 3
Cream, Creme fraiche, luxury, 100ml 19 19 19
Cream, Creme fraiche, standard, 1 level tbsp 2 2 2
Cream, Creme fraiche, standard, 100ml 14 14 14

Dinner sounds lovely :)

Cor Emma that was quick!! oohhh it looks high :sigh: I thought it was the low fat alternative to cream:(

Im bored Dawn was waiting for something I could help on :D

They do look quite high think your better off with fat free fromage frais thats classed as free food :D

Im bored Dawn was waiting for something I could help on :D

They do look quite high think your better off with fat free fromage frais thats classed as free food :D

Well that was lucky for me then lol.... I tried using Tesco's FFFF but it split and was yuk!! It tasted like little bits of rubber so I threw it out for the birds.:sigh:

Well, I'll let you off, on the basis that your tuning fork is probably still covered in kipper.
And you're only just back.

I won't be so lenient next time, mind.

It can. But it's pretty versatile once you get used to it.
It's never going to taste like wot proper cream does - so I'd say when you're feeling like doing "hardcore" SW, you'd better get some stocks of Quark in.
Until then - I'm sure your creme fraiche won't have killed you, and probably tasted more like real food!

Back