Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Dawn it's wonderful x.

At the end of the day, it's all most of us want...to lead a normal life...doesn't sound too much to ask does it? And yet neither Andy or yourself have had that recently. I can't tell you how pleased I am that things are going so well for both of you, and that you've got him working!!! He's got quite a bit of time to make up so no slacking tell him! :p

Thanks Dawnie x

I'll pop there now x

Oh wow Dawnie!

That's brilliant! I had no idea!

Andy must have the blooming patience of a saint to work with children like that lol! I loved the pictures of the kids...they were all grinning from ear to ear, obviously really enjoying themselves!!! I suppose it takes years of practise to get as good as him x

Yes, 34 years in the business now... Did you see the TV clip ?

He as a very accomplished magician, he used to do all the silent magic with the doves etc. His sister Carol (the one in the picture with Patrick Mower) was his assistant in the double act. She was a ventriloquist with 'Henry the dog' but she retired a few years ago so Andy now does the show on his own. We are hoping he will be able to do his shows again from July. The phone rings all the time for bookings and people are so disappointed that he can't do their parties at the moment. I make his waistcoats for him..

Good morning Dawn, have a lovely Monday xx

Hi All,

Not been around for a little while... I've been busy with work...

I have been a good girl and kept to plan for my first week and I have lost 3 1/2 lbs :wee::party0049::woohoo:

I've been eating mostly from the Superfree lists so loads of fruit and veg and I've been exercising every day for 30 mins so it's paid off.

Hope you catch up with a few diaries later. May not post tomorrow as we are off to see Andy's consultant to find out how things are. He is feeling so much better this week, he's even started to drive again and gone to visit his dad about 4 miles away so that's a great step forward.

I swam 20 lengths this morning which is good for me! I think I'll know about it in a day or two lol....

Hope everyone's doing ok...

xx

Dawn

Good news on Andy getting out and about a bit. Hope the consultant appointment goes well.

Ooh, I miss swimming - I am pathetic and don't want to wet my hair, have runny mascara etc and would not be seen ever, ever without make up on but I soooo miss swimming!

Po xxx

Yay, Kikko.

Well done on the loss. And great news that 'im indoors has actually been outdoors.

Sorry, I haven't been about much either. It may be calming down a bit now, so I might actually be able to check whether I'm still breathing in and out.

Anyway, glad to see you're still holding the fort.

It looks a bit too sensible round here though. Could we do with a bout of

"When I'm calling yoooooooooooooooooooo-ooooooooooooooo-oooooooooooooooooooooo"?

TTFN
KYBO

Ballydoon x

Well done on the fabulous loss :)

Yay, Kikko.

Well done on the loss. And great news that 'im indoors has actually been outdoors.

Sorry, I haven't been about much either. It may be calming down a bit now, so I might actually be able to check whether I'm still breathing in and out.

Anyway, glad to see you're still holding the fort.

It looks a bit too sensible round here though. Could we do with a bout of

"When I'm calling yoooooooooooooooooooo-ooooooooooooooo-oooooooooooooooooooooo"?

TTFN
KYBO

Ballydoon x

Lol.. I thought you'd said "glad to see you're still holding the fork !"

I would imagine you've been having a nice rest after the marathon soup making expedition ;)

Yes, It was really strange today to come home from my meetings to see Andy's car missing and him not in the house.

I am doing really well with my Lent challenge, I haven't touched a single choccy bar !! Mind you, I have left a few drool marks on the confectioner's window :D:D

Charlemonte x

Dawn

Good news on Andy getting out and about a bit. Hope the consultant appointment goes well.

Ooh, I miss swimming - I am pathetic and don't want to wet my hair, have runny mascara etc and would not be seen ever, ever without make up on but I soooo miss swimming!

Po xxx

I admire women who wear make up. I don't wear it everyday. I only wear it when I go out for an evening which is very rare. I am useless at putting it on so I just open the bag, throw it all up in the air and stand underneath lol....

Lol.. I thought you'd said "glad to see you're still holding the fork !"

I would imagine you've been having a nice rest after the marathon soup making expedition ;)

Yes, It was really strange today to come home from my meetings to see Andy's car missing and him not in the house.

I am doing really well with my Lent challenge, I haven't touched a single choccy bar !! Mind you, I have left a few drool marks on the confectioner's window :D:D

Charlemonte x

Well at least you didn't read it as "holding the fart"!

I'm still eating left over soup. Think it's coming out of my ears.

Oh, and it would have been worse to see his car missing, but with him in the house.

And I haven't touched chocolate either.
And - much much harder - nor have I had a cup of tea.
That's the one that's killing me!
And I'm doing ok on my 200 mile challenge. Slightly behind the pace, but with plenty of time to catch up!

Well at least you didn't read it as "holding the fart"!

I'm still eating left over soup. Think it's coming out of my ears.

Oh, and it would have been worse to see his car missing, but with him in the house.

And I haven't touched chocolate either.
And - much much harder - nor have I had a cup of tea.
That's the one that's killing me!
And I'm doing ok on my 200 mile challenge. Slightly behind the pace, but with plenty of time to catch up!

Oh dear! no tea, now that is hard...

Just picturing you sat there with soup pouring from your ears :D

Evening All

Today was quite a day! Andy had his first proper review since his transplant. It went very well and they were pleased with his blood counts. We still have to wait for the results of the myeloma levels which we should get on Wednesday. There is the next level of the trial which will determine whether he goes on 'drug' maintenance ie Lenalidomide or 'no' maintenance. This is determined randomly by a computer. It's incredible how the information determined by trials helps in finding the best treatments for conditions.

Morning All

Finally got my little chicken back and she brought a friend home with her! Was up really early this morning to see to them. they have settled in nicely and eating and drinking well. They have even thanked me with a little gift!! It has got Andy's name on it as he's into eggs at the moment. (Who knew they could do that, eh? I knew they could stamp the date on but how clever of them to put a name on :D) Sorry the early morning air has got to me :eek:

Planned menu for today...

BREAKFAST

All Bran HEX B
SS Milk HEX A
Banana SF

LUNCH

Jacket Potato FF
Bacon FF
Cottage Cheese FF
Mixed Salad SF

DINNER

Vegetable Stir Fry SF