Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Thanks Bev! 8th May? Have I missed something?
Just heading back to the UK in the morning and will have very limited internet access. Not back til 8th

:wavey: hope you've had a lovely day xx

Hiya Spud. Sorry I haven't been around much. Hope you're feeling chipper, and not too mashed.

Spud x

Hi Dawn........that's all you can do..........draw a line under it, don't beat yourself up over it, accept it and move forward xx

Morning! X

Hi Mrs Dabhand

Just tried Shea butter soap - it is seriously creamy, non smelly and lush. I had forgotten that old thing though about soaps squidging out of your hand whilst you are in the shower, then you can't pick the darned thing up cos it's slippy.

Po xxx

Hi Mrs Dabhand

Just tried Shea butter soap - it is seriously creamy, non smelly and lush. I had forgotten that old thing though about soaps squidging out of your hand whilst you are in the shower, then you can't pick the darned thing up cos it's slippy.

Po xxx

Lol Po.. What are you like !!! Glad you like the soap, your skin will feel really soft after using it.

When are you getting yourself a diary ??

How are you Dawn?x

Hi Folks.

It's about time I posted an update! I don't wish to tempt fate but things are going well at the moment, the best they have been for a long time.
Andy had his Spinal Check up at Queens Med in Nottingham, it's a long way for us to go (5 hours of driving in a day) but we were really pleased as
the consultant said they don't need to do any more operations as the current vertebra that has collapsed is holding out well and will heal ok on it's own.
Needless to say after all the major surgery he had last year we were very relieved. The last bone marrow biopsy was clear as well so that means the
transplant worked so all he went through was worth it. He is now on 'Watch and wait' so will continue with check ups every 2 months to look out for
signs of Myeloma so that they can give him treatment.

We can at least have a bit of a normal life now as he can go out and about. His hair is also growing back so that's good.

With regards to my SW plan. I have been pre-occupied with Andy and work and so had taken my eye off of the ball for a while. I have lost a bit so
am not complaining mind. I think I will have a gain on Wednesday though as I have been off plan. We have a taster day on Wednesday so I am taking
my slow cooker in. I am going to make a veggie hot pot with pasta and baked beans. It sounds odd but tastes lovely so I hope the group will like it.

I did a two day craft fair at the weekend at the Spalding Flower Parade, it was fantastic, the parade and floats were amazing, all made from tulips and
flowers. I have a new phone with a fantastic camera on it so I put it to good use and recorded the parade, It was amazing. When I got home two of
my sisters were there so I thought it would be great to show them the video.... Oh dear! I had recorded my chin and some ladies feet !!! Don't ask how!

We have spent today in the garden and poly-tunnel potting up herbs and tomatoes and bedding plants, It was a lovely relaxing day with no stress.
I made a lovely chicken rice dish for dinner and we have sat and watched BGT. Life is sweet.

We have the decorator in so the house is upside down, we are having the bedroom done and it's looking really good, I'll post some pics when it's finished.
You might get a picture of one of my chins though lol.

That's all folks!

That's fantastic news about Andy, Im so pleased things are starting to go well for you both! Xx

Lovely news Dawn - so positive in every way. Do you grow stuff for yourselves or is it part of your business? I have a few herbs and stuff, unfortunately, I have lots of slugs too!

Po xxx

Back