Fighting the evil... Chocolate

Calisi

Has anyone else tried going 'cold turkey' with chocolate ? As in, completely cutting it out of your diet ? I'm one of those people that can't just have a little bit... once I eat one piece I turn into a monster and finish the lot. It's like a drug to me. And it's not just basic chocolate, it can be chocolate biscuits, chocolate brownies, chocolate ice cream etc etc. So it's all or nothing, but the cravings are SO strong. I can be doing well on Slimming World, then I end up bingeing on these things every time. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated. Does anyone else have the same/similar problem ? It's like an addiction !

Maybe if you saved some of your syns during the week then you could treat yourself to a decent enough bit of chocolate at the weekend! It might be a bit of motivation not to eat it during the week then because you know you can treat yourself instead of going cold turkey :)

When I find myself hooked on chocolate I'll go cold turkey for 3 days, once past the 3rd day then I always feel I'm in more control of how much I eat.....I'll then have a bad day and find myself back at square one!

I do this a lot. Strangely, the dark chocolate (85%) does not trigger. I bought three little bars of the asda own brand for a pound. It's really nice. 8 syns a bar. I had one a night, which is Unheard of - usually I'd just have to eat them all!

Maybe if you saved some of your syns during the week then you could treat yourself to a decent enough bit of chocolate at the weekend! It might be a bit of motivation not to eat it during the week then because you know you can treat yourself instead of going cold turkey :)

Hi, thanks for the reply :) I've actually tried this before. Problem is once I have a bit of chocolate it can turn into a chocolate binge that lasts for days ! My body just craves more and more.

Last edited:
I do this a lot. Strangely, the dark chocolate (85%) does not trigger. I bought three little bars of the asda own brand for a pound. It's really nice. 8 syns a bar. I had one a night, which is Unheard of - usually I'd just have to eat them all!

Hi, dark chocolate is a really good idea ! When I've had it in the past I seem to be able to just have a few squares and put the rest back. I haven't had it for a while, so I might give it a try. I might buy some of the Green and Blacks little bars. Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how I get on :)

Last edited:
When I find myself hooked on chocolate I'll go cold turkey for 3 days, once past the 3rd day then I always feel I'm in more control of how much I eat.....I'll then have a bad day and find myself back at square one!

That sounds like me. I have such a love/hate relationship with chocolate. And my cravings for it can be through the roof !

I just bought a curly wurly, having chocolate cravings already!

I like Curly Wurlys, but one isn't enough to satisfy me, I would need about ten ! lol I've just had a hot chocolate, hopefully that will keep me satisfied for a little while.

Hi, dark chocolate is a really good idea ! When I've had it in the past I seem to be able to just have a few squares and put the rest back. I haven't had it for a while, so I might give it a try. I might buy some of the Green and Blacks little bars. Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how I get on :)

Yes please do- I would be interested to see if this works for someone else :)

Good luck! Xx

Back