Extra Easy Fill your plate with 1/3 superfree foods..

gazter said:
Healthy Extras are not compulsory, not having them wont hurt your ability to lose weight, it just ensures that you arent lacking in certain nutritional areas. If 35g of cereal is too much, have less!

Sorry, but this is not really true. Healthy extras are there to give you nutrients such as fibre & calcium, both of which are known to aid weight loss. By cutting them out you could be hindering your weight loss, not to mention missing out on vital nutrients such as calcium.

If 35g of cereal is too much to have at once, trying splitting it up throughout the day rather than having less.

The plan is free food, super free foods, healthy extras & syns. All are there for a reason :)

You can get these nutrients from other foods. For instance we have a lady in our group who can't stand cheese or milk so she gets her calcium from lots of green leafy vegetables. Our consultant assures us not having your healthy extras will NOT hinder your weight loss, but you must make sure you get your nutrients from other sources.

hurleymurley said:
You can get these nutrients from other foods. For instance we have a lady in our group who can't stand cheese or milk so she gets her calcium from lots of green leafy vegetables. Our consultant assures us not having your healthy extras will NOT hinder your weight loss, but you must make sure you get your nutrients from other sources.

Your consultant is wrong to say not eating these things will not hinder weight loss. She wouldn't be the first or last though, so not a massive surprise :). Calcium allows you to absorb vitamins which aid weight loss. Of course if you can't eat dairy then getting calcium elsewhere is fine, but if you can eat these healthy extras you should.

Anyway, too early in the week for a row :)

Not a row, but she definitely isn't wrong! Yes, not eating calcium will hinder your weight loss, but you don't just get calcium from your healthy extras!

Not a row, but she definitely isn't wrong! Yes, not eating calcium will hinder your weight loss, but you don't just get calcium from your healthy extras!

I probably didn't explain myself very well tbh (the perils of trying to write before my 1st coffee of the morning :))

She is wrong to say that in general its okay not to eat your healthy extras. She's right to say if you can't eat them you need to get your Calcium etc from other sources (IYSWIM?). Basically its the same reason why Consultants should really emphasise the 'stop when your full' part of the 'unlimited free foods' part of the plan - because we will hear the 'unlimited foods' part and ignore the 'stop when your full' part. So she really should be saying ; Unless you have an intolerance to wheat & dairy you SHOULD eat your health extras. Even then, there are healthy extras that are dairy & gluten free you can have, As a last resort, if you really can't stand anything on the healthy extra lists, you should make sure you get extra fibre & Calcium from other foods.

SW spend a shed load of money each year on researching the best ways to loose weight. If you didn't need these healthy extras they'd get rid of them and just make you syn this stuff!

I don't loose weight if I don't have my syns and/or HEX's... just want to throw that one in there... I know plenty of people still loose if they cut them out but I don't, so it really isn't right to say that it won't hinder your losses as it will some people and I do eat plenty of fibre and calcium rich free foods, I think its the ''syn'' amount I need. I can't explain it but my weight loss history has proved this to be the case.

Well to be fair that's what SW say on their website but I know what you mean. Personally I'll take as many HEs as they are willing to give me lol

Q: Do I have to eat all my Healthy Extras every day?

A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

What I always think is strange is that your HeB is supposed to be for fibre yet olive oil is one! Not questioning the plan - just musing

jen3 said:
What I always think is strange is that your HeB is supposed to be for fibre yet olive oil is one! Not questioning the plan - just musing

I think it's cos there is fibre in olive oil - but I could be totally wrong!

I've checked - olives have fibre but olive oil doesnt

Back