Extra Easy Not losing on Extra Easy

DollyK28

Hi,

I joined SW 4 weeks ago. Lost 4lb in the first week, 1lb second week, gained 2lb last week and weigh in is tonight - I don't feel like I've lost any weight again this week
I'm following the plan and I just feel the losses are not stacking up like they should be.
Example of food diary from yesterday
Breakfast - 35g porridge made with water (HEB), 2 large slices of melon
Snack - fruit bowl with strawberries, grapefruit, apple & satsuma
Lunch - sliced chicken breast, 1 salad potato and lots of salad (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and spring onions),
Afternoon snack - Aldi low fat greek yogurt
Dinner - Omelette (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and red peppers), SW chips and spaghetti. Had apple just before dinner
Drank about 2.5litres of water yesterday
My HEA is 350ml skimmed milk for topping porridge and for tea and coffee during the day

I usually try to stick to free/super speed foods until evening and use my syns on chocolate treats or toast/jam for supper

This would be a typical day for me - am i eating too much fruit, not eating enough?? I just don't know how to approach this!
Thanks
K

Make sure you're eating because you're hungry. My mums weight loss stalled (shes a big fruit eater). Her consultamt asked the question "are you eating fruit because you're hungry or because you like it?". Answer was she ate it beacuse she liked it. She cut down (a bit) and is now a target member.

Also - watch your portion sizes (I know sw says you can eat as much free food as you want but I dont believe you can with some stuff)

Anyway - hope you get a nice surprise tonight - last weeks gain could have been water retention etc. And if you lose it and more tonight then just carry on as you've been doing

Hi Jeanette,
Yes, I like fruit, maybe I might cut back on it and see does this do the trick. I've checked my food diary from week 1 and 2 and I'm not doing anything too different.
Hopefully I have some good news tonight as I really want to stay motivated and I'm determined to lose it

Thanks for the reply
K

Dolly where are your syns? Are you making the most of them? From what I've read you need them to keep up the loss. Do you keep a daily food diary on here?

I usually use my syns in the evening for chocolate or something sweet. Usually use about 8-12 in a day but try to eat all free/super speed up until evening time.

No, I don't post a food diary to minimins

Last edited:
Might be an idea to, then you can get advice and encouragement about your food. I find it really helps x

Yeah there is. Go back one and there's a sub forum for food diaries. Have a nosey around and see what you think.

I don't lose very easily on EE either, so I tend to have an EE day occasionally when I fancy carbs but most of the time I stick to Original (Red) days. Hope WI provided a nice surprise for you though! Nothing worse than making all the effort and not seeing the results on the scales...

Hi,
Just to add looking at that sample above you said you have aldi low fat yogurt as a snack but are you aware this is synned? its only the Fat Free thats free food? The yogurt is 3.5 syns. Perhaps switch to Muller lights as these are free?

Also i would suggest maybe upping your protein? If youre having a dinner plate with chips and spaghetti you wont be filling it with much protein as its more than half carbs so maybe take away one of the carbs and make a bigger omelette with more eggs or add some ham or something?

x

Hi,
Just to add looking at that sample above you said you have aldi low fat yogurt as a snack but are you aware this is synned? its only the Fat Free thats free food? The yogurt is 3.5 syns. Perhaps switch to Muller lights as these are free?

Also i would suggest maybe upping your protein? If youre having a dinner plate with chips and spaghetti you wont be filling it with much protein as its more than half carbs so maybe take away one of the carbs and make a bigger omelette with more eggs or add some ham or something?

x

I thought this too - thats two lots of carbs in chips and spaghetti but didnt like to say as according to sw "you can do that". BUT we're all different and I dont lose if I have loads of carbs

How was weigh in?

The aldi Greek style fat free yoghurts are free if you wanna stick to aldi products.

Your food diary looks ok to me. I'm on EE 100% of the time and have lost consistently over the last 4 weeks. I do try and portion control my carbs, and only have 1/3 of my plate as carbs. I've found as I've got back into the plan again that I need less to fill me up anyway, so that would be the only thing I can think of to suggest that might help.

The other thing I have found is (sorry if TMI) I don't go to the loo as often as I used to and I have heard before about people not losing due to constipation. If it gets to 2+ days since I last went I switch to wholemeal pasta/rice to get a bit more fibre in which usually helps. And if that doesn't work occasionally I will take senna to get things going!

Your food diary looks ok to me. I'm on EE 100% of the time and have lost consistently over the last 4 weeks. I do try and portion control my carbs, and only have 1/3 of my plate as carbs. I've found as I've got back into the plan again that I need less to fill me up anyway, so that would be the only thing I can think of to suggest that might help.

The other thing I have found is (sorry if TMI) I don't go to the loo as often as I used to and I have heard before about people not losing due to constipation. If it gets to 2+ days since I last went I switch to wholemeal pasta/rice to get a bit more fibre in which usually helps. And if that doesn't work occasionally I will take senna to get things going!

I would highly recommend cutting down your carbs, particularly pasta. In my opinion (and I'm not saying it's like this for everyone), pasta is as bad as white bread when it comes to preventing me from losing weight.

I'm a bit similar to you, lost 4lb in the first week, put half a pound on in the second week, lost 5lb in the third week, lost half a pound last week.

Things I have put it down to:
- Eating a lot of pasta in the second week
- I recently went onto the contraceptive injection and at the moment it's pretty much star week all the time for me whilst my body gets used to it
- I've also found that I need a bit of "help" in the form of senna tablets, guessing my body is adjusting to the new diet
- Last week I drank nowhere near enough water

I've decided this week I'm going to try doing SP days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (I weigh in on Thursdays) and keep my fingers crossed for a decent loss!

I do think part of it is simply getting used to the plan and seeing what works for you and what doesn't. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll figure it out :)

Keep going, I do mostly sp days now but only try have carbs at one meal a day.

Even if you did have just ee free food your should loose something possibly maintain. A gain is usually caused by something else, did you have any meal uve classed as a treat or cheat and not counted. However what I'd say is keep going, sw does work but with womN and their different cycles look at the month as a whole. It should be heading in a
Down trend overall

Sorry Girls for not posting in a while but had a lot going on over the last 2 weeks and just didn't get a chance to respond to all your messages above.
Well first thing, my WI was 2.5lbs down :) which I was delighted with but then I had my 40th birthday and put 2lb of this back on at last week's WI. I had a bit too much cake, party food and alcohol that week so I know exactly where the 2lb gain came from and was expecting it tbh! I've been pretty good this week and have taken all your comments on board, I've cut down on the carb portions (I only eat wholegrain rice, wholewheat pasta - so didn't need to change anything with this), so hopefully I will have a loss this week, even 0.5lb would be good. I also forgot to mention in my first post that I have an underactive thyroid gland, I'm on medication for it and I do feel that I have to work that little bit harder to lose the weight but I am 100% determined to get to my target.
So thanks again for all the comments. I'm going to have a look at the food diary section and join one so I can get comments on where I need to improve:)

I get weighed every Monday and this Monday I joined curves I have been to class 6 days this week and swimming today so exercised 7 days this week, was 100% on plan and couldn't help but have a sneaky weigh today and I'm a lb heavier than last week?? Anyone any ideas y this could be?? Xx

Different scales, different time of day, different clothing, building more muscle due to exercise so although gained 1lb that could be muscle, are you due on?

Many reasons and the reason why we shouldn't have a peak, though most of us do!

Are you drinking enough with all that exercise and are you eating enough to make sure your body isn't going into starvation mode?

Also with the exercise start doing measurements as they may be more telling than weight alone x

I was thinking to myself am I eating enough I am eating whenever I am hungry usually I just have break, lunch and dinner I'm not much of a snacker and drink about 2-3 litres of water a day?

I'm not sure whether they is enough or not? Thank you for your reply by the way really appreciate it! I wish I hadn't of weighed myself now !! They took my measurements in curves on mon when I joined they will re do them in 4 weeks to check progress!! So I'm looking forward to that but still I would like to see results on the scales each week too!! Especially when I'm doing so good yeno! Xx

Back