Filling Breakfast

Linny90

Does anyone have any tips for a filling breakfast? Sort of a silly question, but I'm never sure what to eat. If I just eat fruit it doesn't fill me up and then I'm tempted to snack on something unhealthy before lunch. Help much appreciated, thanks!

Hi Linny90...
Dunno if you work or not.. If you have time a nice boiled/scrambled/poached egg with grilled mushroom n tomato I find is really filling.. And super tasty so you feel like you're being really bold.. But in reality its only 2pp's!!
I have porridge most days.. Or my new thing has been Bran Flakes (3pp for the porridge or 5pp for the Bran Flakes)
Would you have muesli maybe and yogurt over/with your fruit??

I second that. Maybe after your fruit have a boiled egg (2pp) with slice wholemeal scone (2pp). I like oatcakes too with philla, I find them filling. If you've no time then the Belvita Yoghurt Chrunch Breakfast Buscuits are lovely - 6pp for the two in the pack.

Hi Dubchick81! Thanks for replying. I'm really slow in the mornings so used to just grab a banana and go. I'm a student so sometimes I have early classes and sometimes I have more time. Haven't had porridge for a really long time so might give that one a go. I used to eat a bowl of Special K but found it didn't fill me up for long.

Thanks for your help :)

I'm a student too and i know exactly how rushed I am on a morning before the 9am lectures...yuck ha. Im going to try belvita I got oat flavour recently and they were quite bland so gonna try another flavour. They were sooo filling though! The belvita and a yoghurt would be awesome breakfast with a piece of fruit! Xx

Belvita are yum.. And very filling although they don't really look it!!
Why dont you add a banana or berries to your special K..
I love my porridge I hav to say.. For brekkie on the go I'd have some wholemeal toast with philly or laughing coz cheese in place of butter.. And bring some fruit to have a little later.. If you get JM&O'B Wholemeal bread, the 2 slices & cheese spread is only 4pp!! Bargain brekkie if you ask me :D

Back