Filling foods and lunch ideas.

ChubLock

Silver Member
What foods do you guys use to keep yourself feeling full - I find one of my biggest problems is "hunger". I never feel satisfied for long and it's my biggest contributory factor to my snacking and naughty grazing throughout the day.

I find 11am, 4pm and 9pm the worst times for me.

My typical day is:

Wake at 6.45am.
Work starts at 8am.
Breakfast at 9am.
Snack at 11am.
Lunch at 1pm
Snack at 3pm
Snack at 5pm
Evening meal at 7-9pm
Snack 9pm

I was after low ProPointed and filling things to keep me tied over throughout the day. I also wanted some lunch ideas, apart from soup and a jacket potato with cottage cheese I am pretty stumped for lunch ideas. I have access to a microwave and boiling water so anything which incorporates those two is fab also.

Any ideas are fab and I really appreciate any tips people have :)

The warburtons wraps are only 4 points add 1 blue cheese low fat cheese as a spread for 1 pt, 2 slices of ham for 2 pts and loads of salas for 7 points , they are very filling and if you add a piece of fruit you will be stuffed.
I also have mixed salad with cherry toms and some chicken for about 5 pts, sometimes have it with tuna .
Leftovers are good for lunch as well point what you have.
I make my husband snack box for work -he works 12 hr shifts
melba toast 2 pts 3gr low fat pate with crudites for 4 pts
hope this helps

Hi Curvy lass, do you drink plenty of fluids throughout day? I find if I dont drink enough water I am hungrier! maybe try a water challenge and drink at least two litres a day! it really does help with weight loss to!
what about porridge for breakfast with a banana, its low GI so supposed to keep you fuller for longer! failing that a couple of eggs? if you use white bread swap to brown or granary. I got seeded pittas from asda the other day and they are lovely 3pp each! I use them warmed and sliced with lots of cucumber and celery and carrots and a small pot of houmos(4pp) you can also make a dip with no fat greek yoghurt (add diced cucumber, teaspoon of garden mint saucce and garlic) (or just garlic or chive) or what ever flavour you like)and you could also add some crisps to the equasion and have a right picnic for about 11pp :) I like snacky stuff so great for me! other than that I make a sandwich from granary bread with tons of salad on :)

If after drinking lots of water you still find you are hungry! holland and barratt do a fibre supplement that fills you up! good luck x

For lunch you could make scrambled egg in the microwave with some brown bread....
Or any soups you can heat up
beans on brown bread, if you don't have a toaster
I agree with lucylis the more water/fluids you take in the less hungry you are, but there is no point in denying yourself at snack times. Have some fruit or sliced up veg for dipping in humous or some sweetchilli sce
a couple of wholewheat crackers with a cheese triangle
ricecakes - the plain chocolate covered Kelkin ones are my favourite 2PP each

Hi Curvy lass, do you drink plenty of fluids throughout day? I find if I dont drink enough water I am hungrier! maybe try a water challenge and drink at least two litres a day! it really does help with weight loss to!
what about porridge for breakfast with a banana, its low GI so supposed to keep you fuller for longer! failing that a couple of eggs? if you use white bread swap to brown or granary. I got seeded pittas from asda the other day and they are lovely 3pp each! I use them warmed and sliced with lots of cucumber and celery and carrots and a small pot of houmos(4pp) you can also make a dip with no fat greek yoghurt (add diced cucumber, teaspoon of garden mint saucce and garlic) (or just garlic or chive) or what ever flavour you like)and you could also add some crisps to the equasion and have a right picnic for about 11pp :) I like snacky stuff so great for me! other than that I make a sandwich from granary bread with tons of salad on :)

If after drinking lots of water you still find you are hungry! holland and barratt do a fibre supplement that fills you up! good luck x

Lucy beat me to it!

I'm up & out of the house at 6.30am so I usually take my breakfast to work.
I have porridge with either an apple or a banana or if I am organised I have a couple of boiled eggs instead.
I keep a water bottle on my desk & aim to drink 1 lite before lunch & then refil it & drink another litre before I finish work.
I always eat an apple before each meal too.

For lunch i take a mixed salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish, beetroot, celery, carrots, peppers, onions, a boiled egg & either lean chicken or ham or a tin of tuna.

I always have a mid morning & mid afternoon snack of either a piece of fruit or a yogurt or a WW choc bar.

Hope these ideas help. :) x

I'm changing offices soon and will have a train journey to work instead of wlaking there. I'm thinking about what I can take to keep me going all day.

Salad will feature highly I think! I find salad filling if I have it wiht loads of protein and few carbs. Last night dinner was a huge plateful of green salad, plus cherry toms, celery, hard boiled egg and low fat cottage cheese. It kept me going all night unbelieveably. Yesterday's breakfast was 2 poached eggs and 4 quorn sausages. Again, I wasn't hungry for hours after that. This is what makes me think protein is the key.

Lunches I will take with me include:
leftover dinner from night before (portioned into a lunchbox as i dish up)
small jacket potato with cottage cheese
homemade soup with crackers
quorn sausage and salad sarnies
couscous salad (little bit of couscous, loads of veg)
egg salad sarnies

and for snacks:
cooked quorn sausage
portioned and chopped fruit
yogurts
snack a jacks
kellog's fibre plus bar

I will also make sure I drink lots of water and green tea (it's nice if you pick one with lemon or mint added. I have a gorgeous mango green tea as well). Hopefully this should keep me going until dinner time which will be about 7.30-8pm!

Thanks guys - all of these tips have been so helpful.

I definitely need to up my fluids - it's a thing I do struggle with. Is a splash of Sugar Free cordial okay to use as well?

I definitely need to up my fluids - it's a thing I do struggle with. Is a splash of Sugar Free cordial okay to use as well?

Yep!

It's all I drink :p x

I dont like taste of cordial so I wouldn't know. But I do put a slice of fresh Lemon or lime in mine which have no pp :-D. And I suppose better for you to. Water intake is very important on any diet cos the sensation of thirst is similar to hunger. I was reading that water is way more important than food... We can survive without food for long time but not water... So they recommend if you feel hungry have a drink of water first, if after a bit u are stil hungry then have food. I try to follow it, and drinking a pint if water before food does decrease appetite :-D

Do you PPoint it? What about if you use it all the time in your water?

All sugar free fruit squash is 0pp. I rarely drink water on it's own as I get bored :)

Most SF squash is around 3-4cals per serving, so I have up to 2litres a day - about 30cals a day, throughout the day - negligible really!

BUT I bought a couple of those "No Added Sugar" High Juice ones in Tesco the other day and they're 11-13cals per serving.. so drinking 2 litres of it a day would be up to 100cals - so if I have this one I only have one glass (250ml).

HTH xx

John West light lunches are nice 5pp for 1 tin I have them with few ryvitas x

I find lunches the hardest to get right. Any ideas are welcome!

I'm addicted to the WW Soups. Have them at work with a massive salad and normally tuna or ham. Most of them are 3 PP, although the chicken noodle which is very watery but tasty all the same is only 1PP.

Back