Puddings Filo mincepie parcels

grumbletumble

Silver Member
I made a couple of these today just to see it they work & they do! Only 2.5syns per parcel.

Makes 22

150g (5oz) cooking apples - grated (3)
225g (80z) mixed dried fruit (17.5)
1/2 tsp mixed spice
150ml (1/4pt) sweet cider (2.5)
2tbsps brandy whisky or rum (2.5)
11 sheets of fresh filo pastry (33)
1 beaten egg

place apples, and fruit in saucepan add mixed spice and cider simmer for about 20 mins until the mixture forms a pulp or most of the liquid has evaporated.
Stir in your choice of spirit and allow to cool, this can be kept in the fridge in a sterilised jar for up to 4 months once opened use within a week

To make the parcels, cut the filo sheets into 4 squares- you will need 2 squares per parcel. Place one square down then put the 2nd over the top so it resembles a star, brush the edges with the beaten egg. Put 20g of the mincemeat in the middle & pull up the corners of the filo to form a parcel. Brush with the beaten egg & cook for 10-15mins on 200ish. Dust with a little icing sugar.

Hmm that is a problem! :D

Maybe just making what you need? I made 4 the first time & i had 2 & my oh had 2- If i had made more i could have easily eaten them! The mincemeat lasts & they are quite easy to make so not too much of a hassle to make them as & when :)
I have some in the oven as we speak. I had one square left over so thought i'd try a little parcel with 1 sheet & not 2. I just folded the edges over like a samosa...i hope it works because that'll cut the syns down even more!....I'm going to take pics so i'll post when i upload them.

Filo mincepie parcels :)

2010_1221281120100006.jpg

And the parcel i made with one square....Still on the baking try & not dusted with icing sugar.

2010_1221281120100008.jpg

Back