Finally getting to goal!

Felix

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

I just joined my first SW group last night so thought I'd start a diary to try and keep me on track :)

A little about me - I have been all over Minimins trying various diets for the past couple of years. It started with Cambridge a couple of years ago where I went from 15st 13 to 12st 7, but I fell off plan and never managed to get back on. The whole VLCD thing sucked me in (not literally unfortunately!) and I was convinced for ages that the only way I would lose weight was by following a shake diet. I've tried WW before at home, JUDDD and calorie counting but never made it past a few weeks as I was going it alone. I've realised I need to be weighed 'officially' by someone else so I am accountable for my losses and gains! I've been yoyo-ing between 13.3ish and 14.3 for a while so need something permanent to stick to to finally get down to my ultimate goal of 10 stone. I weighed in last night at 14.2 :(

I was VERY scared going to the meeting on my own as I'm pretty shy, but it was fine. Everyone was lovely and I really enjoyed the meeting bit after the weigh in. I've not managed to start properly as I am due to go to the market on Saturday to do all of our fruit, veg and meat shop as I've recently moved in to Leeds city centre and can walk to the market rather than go to a supermarket and pay extortionate prices!!! So today I've had 2x weetabix with milk for breakfast, a flapjack from my Graze box, WW soup and melba toasts for lunch, a low fat Aldi yoghurt and 3 cups of tea. Just cooking a jacket potato to have with beans for tea. Definitely lacking fruit and veg haha!

So hello everyone! If anyone has any ideas for easy breakfasts and lunches to take to work I'd be very grateful!

Going to do my big shop today and I can't wait to start properly! I'm just a bit scared that because I haven't started until the weekend and my first WI is on weds that I won't have lost anything and it will be a bit embarrassing!

Made a list of what to buy and a plan for some meal ideas for the week. Stuff along the lines of sweet potato & lentil curry (always made this SW friendly anyway!), chilli, salmon and veg, omelette and got the recipe for the super speed soup.

OH wants to do it too so is going to sort of follow the plan (he generally eats what I cook him anyway) and he's going to read the books so knows what I can eat if he's cooking :)

Hey felix - welcome to SW :) Ive been doing it for a couple of weeks and really enjoying it! There are loads of threads with ideas for breakfast and lunch and check out petes recipes
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/200445-breakfast-ideas.html
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/189722-lunch-ideas.html
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

My favourite breakfast is SW full english - low fat sausage (syns) bacon with all fat removed, mushrooms/peppers, potatoe rosti (grated potatoes mixed with egg/onions and fried in fry light, and maybes some beans with 2 slices of toast (HEXB) - i only have this once a week though because its a bit indulgent lol!

Lunch - favourite is roasted butternut squash with couscous and spinach salad

Hope you enjoy it too
H x

Hello! Your cooked breakfast sounds really nice! I have to try the potato rosti thing. Thanks for the link, ill have a look through now :) can't wait to get in to the swing of things!

Wow just walked to Leeds market from our new flat for the first time to do our weekly shop. Bought the following -

12 sataumas
8 nectarines
4 peppers
Coriander
Spring onions
3 plantain
Parsnips
3 huge sweet potatoes
Bananas
1lb mushrooms
Broccoli
Leeks
Courgettes
2 punnets grapes
2 pineapple
Tomatoes
2 mangoes
1lb new potatoes
2lb chicken breast
Big salmon fillet

ALL FOR £22!!!!!! Why have I never done this before?! Honestly we have got so much stuff for so cheap. If we had got all of this from a supermarket, we would have paid at least £40-£50 or even more as we got loads of chicken and a massive salmon fillet. I'm so impressed!!! Woweeeee!!!!

Ok first official day and all good so far. Walked in to town and wandered round the shops as OH is at work today. Bought some nice boots and some flat shoes, two cardigans and a top from Primark. Cost me £60!!! Seems a bit steep for primark haha.

So today's menu looks like this:

Breakfast - 2x weetabix (A) with a sliced up banana and used my B on 1% milk for weetabix and 2 coffees in the day.

Lunch - Pasta with tuna, sweetcorn, spring onions and extra light mayo (1 syn)

Dinner will be roast chicken, roast new potatoes, parsnips, peas, 2x Aunt Bessie's yorkshires and gravy (8 syns) May have to add more syns if I decide to use olive oil to cook or maybe add more granules to the gravy :)

Had a great day food wise today! 2nd day almost done and dusted.

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with semi skimmed milk and chopped up banana, and a coffee with semi skimmed milk (HEx A & B)

Snack - Satsuma & tea with semi skimmed milk.

Dinner - Salad with bacon (all fat trimmed off)

Tea - Steamed salmon, asparagus and new potatoes :)

Might treat myself to an options hot choc later!

Fancied something sweet but not got anything in except fruit so had a choc brownie options (3 syns) and 4 syns worth of mini marshmallows, which is loads by the way!!! Yummy :)

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 2x weetabix with milk and a chopped up banana. Also used the rest of my milk on a morning coffee and a cup of tea later on.

Lunch - Pasta with salmon and asparagus. 2tbsp reduced fat pesto (3 syns) and had to toss the pasta in 1tbsp of olive oil last night so it wouldn't stick together in the fridge overnight (2 syns)

Going to try and persuade OH to take me to Asda tonight so I can get the ingredients for the SW KFC style chicken. Also some ingredients to make some of the scones and SW friendly brownies as we have got a taster tomorrow at group.

It's my first proper weigh in tomorrow and I'm still worried I haven't lost anything because I didn't start until Sunday. I don't want to look like a failure!

Your food looks yummy so far! I'll have to try the brownie hot chocolates I've been and got some Of the other options today and have a highlights sachet in the cupboard - just need some marshmallows too!! X

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 2x weetabix with milk and a chopped up banana. Also used the rest of my milk on a morning coffee and a cup of tea later on.

Lunch - Pasta with salmon and asparagus. 2tbsp reduced fat pesto (3 syns) and had to toss the pasta in 1tbsp of olive oil last night so it wouldn't stick together in the fridge overnight (2 syns)

Going to try and persuade OH to take me to Asda tonight so I can get the ingredients for the SW KFC style chicken. Also some ingredients to make some of the scones and SW friendly brownies as we have got a taster tomorrow at group.

It's my first proper weigh in tomorrow and I'm still worried I haven't lost anything because I didn't start until Sunday. I don't want to look like a failure!

Foods looking good - are you having 1/3 plate superfree every meal? How do you make SW brownies, love brownies and its been a while since had any so might try recipe.

Good luck for WI tomorrow, bet you have done really well ;)

xgeorgix said:
Your food looks yummy so far! I'll have to try the brownie hot chocolates I've been and got some Of the other options today and have a highlights sachet in the cupboard - just need some marshmallows too!! X

I got the mini marshmallows and they are 4 syns for 25g which is LOADS!!! Obviously I had all of them haha :D

helsbels1977 said:
Foods looking good - are you having 1/3 plate superfree every meal? How do you make SW brownies, love brownies and its been a while since had any so might try recipe.

Good luck for WI tomorrow, bet you have done really well ;)

Thank you!! Yes I am :) I am finding it quite easy actually as I love all fruit and veg! The brownies I got off a recipe in the recipe section on here. Someone has posted a few different recipes which sound really nice. If you can search the threads I've posted on it will be the last one I posted on before this :D

So been to my first proper weigh in today. Was so scared I hadn't lost as I am only on day 4!

AND I LOST 2.5LB WAHOOOOO! :D :D :D

I am so pleased :) made the brownies for the taster and they were quite popular! Everyone made a real effort and brought loads of stuff in. Tried a really nice curry, some rice dishes and some scan bran cake which was good.

I am feeling really motivated for next week now. Bought the new magazine to keep me going too :) it's 16 weeks until my brothers wedding so I want to lose as much as possible before then. Seen a gorgeous dress in topshop that I want to buy for it!

Forgot to add food for today:

Breakfast - 2x weetabix with milk and banana, also used remaining milk in 2 cuppas.

Snack - nectarine

Lunch - Pesto pasta with bacon and veggies (5 syns for pesto and 1tbsp olive oil)

Dinner - Had some bits at the taster at group. Only tiny mouthfuls but I'm not hungry now. Had a mouthful of chicken curry and rice, savoury rice, 1x 'fererro rocher' which I think was 1 syn, one of my chocolate brownies for 1 syn, a couple of pickled onions and a tiny bit of scan bran cake.

Well done you :)

I love pesto, I might just have to have a green day tomorrow so I can eat some on some pasta hehe.

Today's menu -

Breakfast - blueberry & raspberry porridge made with milk & had 2 cuppas in the day with remaining milk.

Snack - nectarine

Lunch - made a massive salad and made my own potato salad last night with new pots, spring onion, garlic, mixed herbs and lighter than light mayo. Had half of what I made so it was only 1 syn for the 2 tbsp of mayo :D was lovely!!

Not sure what to make for tea. Was going to make sweet potato curry but I am really not in the mood to cook. Loads of housework to do too. I am thinking of going on a housework strike as OH has done nothing recently and expects me to clean up after him!!!

Felix said:
Today's menu -

Breakfast - blueberry & raspberry porridge made with milk & had 2 cuppas in the day with remaining milk.

Snack - nectarine

Lunch - made a massive salad and made my own potato salad last night with new pots, spring onion, garlic, mixed herbs and lighter than light mayo. Had half of what I made so it was only 1 syn for the 2 tbsp of mayo :D was lovely!!

Not sure what to make for tea. Was going to make sweet potato curry but I am really not in the mood to cook. Loads of housework to do too. I am thinking of going on a housework strike as OH has done nothing recently and expects me to clean up after him!!!

Ooh I've got some new potatoes at home didn't think of making a potato salad with them might so that!

I would certainly go on strike he needs to do his fair share! I'd make your curry and make a big mess and tell him to clear it up lol xx

Back