Finally managed day 1 of attack without cheating!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Pootle, 4 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Pootle

Pootle Silver Member

Day one of attack (nearly) over (this is actually my third day of attempting to begin on Dukan journey again but have cheated and had to start again). Had oatbran porridge for breakfast, a two egg omelette for lunch and two chicken breasts with garlic, ginger and chilli for evening meal. Am saving some fat free homemade yoghurt for later. Had two cans of Coke Zero today but no water. I know I should be drinking lots of water but can't face it without Ribena! Have had a headache all afternoon and evening so this is probably why! At least I've managed a day without giving in to naughty foods! Think I can stick to it now! Hope so, have 5 st to lose.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. MiniBean

MiniBean Full Member

Well done for doing day 1 Pootle!

Have you tried water with a slice of lemon? I find it makes it much nicer somehow - and according to an article from Dr D I read online, it's allowed (if anyone knows otherwise, please give me the heads up!).

4. Paulinegin

Paulinegin Gold Member

Well done Pootle. Do you like sparkling water? I love it and can drink gallons of the stuff .... :D

P x

5. Pootle

Pootle Silver Member

Thanks for the tip. Might try it with lemon. Don't like fizzy water as to me, it tastes salty. Have made myself drink whole glasses of plain water last night and today. If I drink it quickly, I can get it down!

6. sididd

sididd Gold Member

When I return tomorrow that's my 'must do better' and drink more.....water that is and not Gin xxx

7. Paulinegin

Paulinegin Gold Member

Ha! Welcome to dry January, Sid :D

P x

8. sididd

sididd Gold Member

My liver is screaming for it lol xxx

9. Pootle

Pootle Silver Member

Ha ha! I've managed to drink loads of water today. I bought one of those water filtering bottles and fill it from the water machine at school. It isn't bad tasting at all once it has been through two filters! Mind you, I needed it today, my voice was so hoarse after using it so much in the classroom for the first time in two weeks. I think it means I don't talk much at all during the holidays! Being back at school is good though because it means I can only eat what I take with me. Had a very good Dukan day today! Left my yoghurt maker on all day today though - forgot to turn it off this morning. Was expecting a disaster when I got home but it is absolutely fine which is a miracle considering it has been 'cooking' for 20 hours!

10. sididd

sididd Gold Member

Im off for another glass......keep topping up

11. Pootle

Pootle Silver Member

Oh, disaster! Chinese takeaway last night and tonight I ate the whole bag of prawn crackers they gave me yesterday. (Instead of a proper meal) Feeling so low now, I've blown all my hard work. Why can't I do this without cheating? I wish there was a willpower pill! Going to have to start attack all over again now I think.

12. Paulinegin

Paulinegin Gold Member

No need to attack again, Pootle. Just drink plenty of water and carry on regardless. Don't beat yourself up either, love :D

P x

13. Pootle

Pootle Silver Member

But it is so tempting to do attack again as you always get such a huge weight loss. Guess I'll just have to plod on with cruise and not be so impatient. Tomorrow is another day!

14. MiniBean

MiniBean Full Member

We've all been there at one time or another Pootle! Chin up, you can do it. :)

15. Paulinegin

Paulinegin Gold Member

You don't actually; the more times you do it, the less effective it is :(

P x

16. tinamcdonald

tinamcdonald Full Member

Don't beat your self up just draw a line under yesterday and today is a new day :) how are you getting on today I am now on day 4 of attack finding ok at the moment just craving fruit believe it or not lol good luck