1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Finally managed to run!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lulunono, 5 May 2014 Social URL.

1. Lulunono

Lulunono Member

Wow can't believe it .... For the first time in years I have managed a 30 min run / walk session. I managed 6 x 1 min run sessions In between walking periods. I feel great and hopefully will help my weight loss? I am training for a 5k an gonna get out 3 times a week if I can and hopefully get to 5k in 6 weeks x on a negative, I haven't stopped eating since I got back this afternoon!!! Will have to write off this afternoon an back on wagon tomorrow x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. poppy100

poppy100 Well-Known Member

well done you. get back on wagon and your weight will soon show

4. littleblackcloudxo

littleblackcloudxo Well-Known Member

That's great, well done! x

5. LoveMyCat

LoveMyCat Well-Known Member

Well done! Did you find it hard when you first started? I've promised myself in 7 pounds time i'll start running but i'm frightened! (And so unfit)

6. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Well-Known Member

Well done! That's exactly how I started out and even though I still have walking intervals, they are tiny and my breathing recovers really quickly. I noticed that I was suddenly able to run much further once I was dragging a stone less around with me as well, so this bodes well for my future stamina!

7. LairocseLady

LairocseLady Well-Known Member

Lovemycat download any of the C25K apps on your phone and try that. That's how I started at the beginning of March I was always a walker never a runner but now I'm running 5k 4-5 days a week and love it. I usually do around 1 km warm up and a 1km cool down then run for 5k, the buzz you get after is well worth it.

What helped me get over my embarrassment of running was finding a quiet area away from traffic etc and started there. Wear comfy clothes and trainers. I also found not listening to music for the first few weeks helped me listen to my breathing and my feet just in case I was "pounding the pavement"

8. Abbylouise

Abbylouise Well-Known Member

Well done they always say getting out the door is the hardest part then the rest will get easier the more u go. Also whenever i went for a jog i would always come back hungry and having a banana helped.

9. Lulunono

Lulunono Member

Thank you everyone. Yes I have to admit I certainly feel relieved I have done my first go but also feel strangely excited! I never thought I wud be able to do it but I jogged / walked 2.3k today so I guess I'm already half way there! My weight loss is slooooow so I am hoping this will help it. Even if it doesn't show on scales, as long as my clothes fit better I will be happy x have to sort my eating tom thou x

10. liquoricet

liquoricet Well-Known Member

The zombies 5k app is hilarious if you need distracting. It's like the NHS c25k. I started last June at about 18st and yesterday ran 9.5k. You'll get there!

11. LoveMyCat

LoveMyCat Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll absolutely get on that!! xx