Finally starting day two

honey-dd

Well after a few weeks wait :D,me and my Husband start today ,,Looking forward to it actually I'm fed up of food

We both have three stone to lose each:eek:, Hopefully it will be half off by end of march when we go on holls for a week:D ,and taking that week off ,,Then back on after it to get the rest off plus what we gain lol

Hopefully we can stick to it just got to see if i like the food unlike cd lol

XX

Good luck to you both! :D xx

Good luck honey and mumtobean. Hope you sail through it.

Thank you

So far had Vanilla shake (Husband) and tom basil soup (me )

and i got to say on CD i hated everything but tetras ,and i really like the vanilla shake its yummy not too sweet and no powdery taste ,,The soup looked fowl but tasted ok but bland so added paprika and salt, pepper and was much more palatable

I'm getting some herbs as i think they will make a difference as tarragon and coriander are my two fav things and if it makes it tastier then should be able to stick with it better

I'm adding milk to this diet as i want to stay at top end of ketosis so barely in it as I'm a veteran lol VLCD girl :D.and i know from past what it does to me ..

And my husband is adding Milk and chicken and Veg (Small portion,Not every day though ) as he should have four packs a day but only wants three. so to keep his calls at the right level and keep him in ketosis he is adding a bit and having extra vits ..

So far so good but only a few hours in try us in a week lol

I added a scrape of fresh black pepper & a turn of some italian herbs with chili & garlic to my thai soup last night

transformed it !!!
will add same to all my soups I think :D

I think I got the herbs from poundshop

Its great to have so many people on exante
& compare notes

Yeah its odd for me doing this diet as last time and with my Band we had big Forums full of people on here but exante is growing still lol so for me its quite but least we get to know each other better lol

I like fresh herbs so ill buy some till mine are grown .But mixed herbs sound good

I'm looking forward to next week as ill add the bars then .and start making mouses i used to love them as texture was a nice thing after weeks of liquids lol.

Just had Choc shake made with Skimmed milk ,ice cubes and a spoon of sweetener ,was not bad

Husband had Mushroom soup ,its not bad but find they need more water and added tarragon to it was nice

still surprised i like the stuff :D

How come you are using water?
They are milky enough?
No need for you to use milk
pointless calories??
(I understand why your hubby is doing it)

Hello - if you're a veteran VLCDer, I bow to your superior knowledge!

Good luck with it - 3 st is eminently achievable. :)

How come you are using water?
They are milky enough?
No need for you to use milk
pointless calories??
(I understand why your hubby is doing it)

Because i want to basically lol .. i don't want to be to far in to ketosis like i said in my post ? ..like iv said done this before know it only too well and know exactly how my body responds so im doing it with better knowledge of me lol .

Last edited:
Hello - if you're a veteran VLCDer, I bow to your superior knowledge!

Good luck with it - 3 st is eminently achievable. :)

Not superior by any way !! ..But i know VLCD'S very well and know exactly what my body will and wont tolerate,so please no bowing Just a little respect will do! lol

Just a little respect will do! lol

Well, quite. We are all entitled to that.

It wasn't a comment on your choices (which as far as I'm concerned, everyone is entitled to do whatever they like, we're all grown-ups, and you know best what works for you), but your experience. Any input you have on any of our journeys may well be invaluable.

Best wishes.

Well, quite. We are all entitled to that.

It wasn't a comment on your choices (which as far as I'm concerned, everyone is entitled to do whatever they like, we're all grown-ups, and you know best what works for you), but your experience. Any input you have on any of our journeys may well be invaluable.

Best wishes.

Lol sorry comment was not ment in the way you have taken it ,,was tongue in cheek :eek:. And nothing about my choice as your right its mine so i dont mind others asking at all :)

im sorry if it came across wrong xx

Hello Honey-dd,:wavey:
Looking forward to sharing the journey.

Love Myr xxx

thank you ,well husband cracked so he is doing other plan two shakes or soups ect with low call very low carb and low fat in evening

i on other hand stuck with it ,, i had plenty of wobbles thinking id be better off on sw but i stuck with it and so far ok

had a bar last night orange one ,not nice don't like it only had half lol even my kids didn't like it lol

thank you ,well husband cracked so he is doing other plan two shakes or soups ect with low call very low carb and low fat in evening

i on other hand stuck with it ,, i had plenty of wobbles thinking id be better off on sw but i stuck with it and so far ok

had a bar last night orange one ,not nice don't like it only had half lol even my kids didn't like it lol
Glad you're sticking with it and I'm sure your hubby will do well on WS, men always seem to lose easier anyway.
When I started last year I hated the bars and called them my cardboard bars. After my restart this year I quite like them, funny how tastes change.

Carry on carrying on, good luck.

Last edited:
thank you :),, no doubts me and hubby will lose exactly the same lol even though he gets food :D

had banana drink today made with hot water ,,,, what a kerfuffle you can tell I'm bored today lol

decided id have it hot that started out ok i have a kettle thingy that boils a cup full in seconds so did first one . poured it in smoothie maker and got wet lol id left tap open

second try with tap closed !!! went better filled with boiling water added shake

turned it on high

got covered in hot banana stuff :D:D lol didn't put lid on right !!!!

got it going with lid firmly on and did myself a big hot glass of banana stuff ,, added sweetener though as far to bland

so after all that got there in end :D:D

Think I'll stick to cold water and my Bamix thanks. Hot sounds far too difficult, lol!

Back