Finding it tedious!!

Sympathies.....I get BORED with a capital B with it too. Just so, so, so dull. But I figure its all in my head and I can beat that with some clear thinking. Yes, its boring. But I choose to do it and I'm happy with my choice because I want the benefits it brings. All those nice things will still be there when I finish this. Do i want to stay on the diet for a week or more longer than I need to just for want of a pizza/curry/bag of chips/whatever? Not really....its so boring I want it over with asap.

I add different flavours to try each week or so rather than experience them all at once. I'd also contact your CDC and ask if you can have tetras/bars/mousse mix early in order to maintain your interest. My CDC let me have them from week 2 and it doesn't seem to have affected my losses.

Keep with it, think about the great losses and hopefully that will keep you focussed. HTH :)

come on hun, you can do it! remember 2st in 6 weeks!

it does get boring but definitely try some of the recipes x

Pretend theres 30 people round you shouting "Down it down it down it down it."

Back in the Zone....I like it....! keep going hon, its all worth it in the end.

Urrrgh the shakes are foul...Im in week 6 and only get chocolate shakes and choc mint shakes but make them up with hot water, t'is the only way I can drink 'em!

maybe a shake with mega loads of crushed ice so it's like a smoothie type milkshake

x

vary the flavours you have each week, you can add herbs and spices into the soups, and spices to the shakes, have them with crushed ice like a frappicino, use the mix-a-mouse, try bars and tetra's

The main thing you need to do though which is the hardest, is just see them as fuel!
I have "loved" food so much, that it made me morbidly obese....! I enjoy these shakes/soups becuase i know that they are what my body needs and they help me lose weight!

hth's hun

xxx

i mix the choc tetra's in with my coffee that helps alot and also b_n_3003 makes good point about lots of ice in shakes :p

I used to get "bored" with normal food....just couldn't find what I wanted. I suppose a good part of this diet is that you don't look forward to munching so much so you find other things that keep you happy and interested.

Certainly is a lesson I need to learn for when I go back to real food. Food is NOT the only thing I can look forward to, it is NOT something that makes me "happy"...it's is NOT all that important in the grand scale of my life.

Please feel free to ignore my ranting pep talk to myself.

I used to get "bored" with normal food....just couldn't find what I wanted. I suppose a good part of this diet is that you don't look forward to munching so much so you find other things that keep you happy and interested.

Certainly is a lesson I need to learn for when I go back to real food. Food is NOT the only thing I can look forward to, it is NOT something that makes me "happy"...it's is NOT all that important in the grand scale of my life.

Please feel free to ignore my ranting pep talk to myself.

I cant agree more hun!
I dont even "pick" the flavours i have....i just grab one out of a box and make it up....dont want to get in the habit of giving in to "cravings" when i start eating again so why now!

Its all mind over matter....now i dont mind, and its my slim figure that matters! :D

xx

I used to get "bored" with normal food....

I really thought it was just me who thought that. Even though i used to overeat on a grand scale...i was so bored of it too. Could never fathom what i fancied so just used to carry on eating whatever was there.

I really thought it was just me who thought that. Even though i used to overeat on a grand scale...i was so bored of it too. Could never fathom what i fancied so just used to carry on eating whatever was there.

This is SO what I used to do. Is that, i wonder, to do with the fact that we have been eating for reasons other than hunger, or fuel? And because nothing will fill the emotional void that drives us to eat, we keep going in the hope that we'll find that magic bullet?

I dunno hun, i still to this day don't know what drove me to overeat so much....i really don't think that i'm an emotional eater. I just liked the feeling of a full belly....does that make sense.

Hmmm, maybe in hindsight the feeling was comforting, so that in turn makes it an emotinal issue...?

I dunno hun, i still to this day don't know what drove me to overeat so much....i really don't think that i'm an emotional eater. I just liked the feeling of a full belly....does that make sense.

Hmmm, maybe in hindsight the feeling was comforting, so that in turn makes it an emotinal issue...?

ditto dreamingmaids post... never thought it was an issue but i guess it is!
i feel the same. got no reason to eat for comfort but i still do. its a mystery i really need to solve... :confused:

oh and the boredom for me is the deciding what to have and when... once i am sat down with a hot choc mint it is not so boring! just need to find the enthusiasm to make it 'cos they are not soooo bad. its the lack of appetite which gets me.

my ladies this week have mentioned new ways to 'do' packs. one mixes half a banana sachet with half a choc sachet. another makes the choc tetra blended with cold water and ice. she says it is nicer than the choc sachet too... :rolleyes:
oh and another makes 'maltesers' from a toffee or caramel bar. chop bar up into small pieces and mould into balls (well sort of) then flatten slightly onto greaseproof paper. microwave for a little while (dunno precise timings) then flip over... she reckons they are gorgeous!

always worth experimenting!

just be careful with cooking packs hun as it effects the neutriants...

When i first started CD, i thought i would NEEEED to make the muffins, crisps etc...but then i remembered that it was those types of food that made me fat in the first place...
you just need to chnge your mind set....i'm sure we've all have enough maltesers to last a life time :D
xx

For me I think it's because I LOVE FOOD! Just about everything, apart from turnip lol

A couple of years ago at Rockingham we were firing up the BBQ between races; while I was waiting I opened a M&S layered cheese salad and tucked in. One of the lads looked and said 'salad???' and I was like 'yeah, it's food isn't it'...

Quite happy to eat food of any kind, healthy or otherwise just because I like the taste. So I'm going to have to a complete feeding overhaul once I'm done with the diet...

Mix the shakes into a mousse (if you are over week 2) - they are lovely if you do them with a hand held blender and really cold water. Put in the freezer for 10 mins to fix them. I wasn't keen on the shakes but love, love, love the mousses!!

Back