Finding this so hard!!!

Hi I'm on day 6 now and I'm struggling so bad, I've only got to this day with the support of my mum. All I want to do is eat!! I drink at least 3litres of water a day and my 3 shakes. I've lost 8lbs in the space of 5days I'm not convinced that's good enough especially when I've not eaten any piece of food or any other drink apart from water. I'm pretty sure I've not reached ketosis, could that be possible?

millie austin said:
Hi I'm on day 6 now and I'm struggling so bad, I've only got to this day with the support of my mum. All I want to do is eat!! I drink at least 3litres of water a day and my 3 shakes. I've lost 8lbs in the space of 5days I'm not convinced that's good enough especially when I've not eaten any piece of food or any other drink apart from water. I'm pretty sure I've not reached ketosis, could that be possible?

8lbs is fantastic-why do you think it's 'not good enough' ?? Plus that's only in 5 days! The average loss on a VLCD is 14lbs a month!!!

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

millie austin said:
How would I no when ketosis has kicked in?

Providing you stick to it, ketosis will kick in after about 4 maybe 5 days. Your physical hunger will begin to subside and you should have more energy. Some people also get a metallic taste in their mouth

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Millie, so sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time. Hang in there, though, it does get better. The thread on Exante FAQs is really helpful.

Also, when you're going into ketosis you may feel (for a short time) really tired, a bit sick and headachey - then you may get a weird taste in your mouth (mine is sort of salty!), not feel so hungry, come over a bit cold, and have bad breath (I know that doesn't sound great!).

As long as you stick to the diet you will go into ketosis - sometimes it takes longer for some people. I'm on day 9 and my advice is to read through the FAQ thread for info and inspiration, maybe split your packs in two, take it easy as possible until you know you're in ketosis (it's difficult if you have a job and/or family, but basically lie around as much as possible - treat yourself as though you have a cold, if you get me). If you feel very bad it might be worthwhile getting some Marigold vegetable bouillon (a savoury hot drink you can find in the supermarket - again, the FAQ thread mentions it) - it really helped me feel less woozy in my first week.

Hang in there, take it easy, and well done on getting this far! 8lbs is nothing to be sniffed at (I've only lost 4 and I'm 3 days ahead of you!)

Let us know how you get on :) xxx

Thank you so much for your advice. My day today has been good it was my day off I just kept myself busy and doing house work and stuff. I guess I should be really pleased with my weight loss. Thanx again will keep u informed xx

I'm ok today, still thinking of food but getting through the day with support from my mum and reading the threads. Not sure if anyone could help me with my next question. I'm on a pill injection and have been for 4-41/2 years and I've not had a period since, not even spotted a lil. But today when I wee I have blood in my urine?? Sorry it's abit of a crude question!!
How are you getting on corina?

Good to hear you're still being brave Millie :)

Re your spotting - not sure. Being on a VLCD can cause your periods to change, something about oestrogen being released from your fat cells and causing your periods to behave differently. I would keep an eye on it and talk to your doctor if you get really worried.

I'm good ta. Slowly gaining more energy, still not too hungry but miss being around food so am cooking for my bf tonight!

Back