Finding your own "style"

xKimmiex

Silver Member
How dis you manage it? ATM all I wear is leggings and long cardis, probs got 3 outfits and that's it lol
I really want to find the real me when I get to goal, but I can't! I don't have a style ATM and want to be trendy for first time ever lol but also bit classy?!
How dis you find your style and what is your style? I look at things still and think god you have to be a size 6 to wear that lol

I'm saving up and when I have a couple of hundred to spend i am booking a personal shopper in John Lewis .... that way i'll try on stuff i'd never look at and be helped find my style.. .and will have enough money to buy some clothes

I want a make over lol like a full head to toe lol

The other thing you could do.. do you have a friend who's style you really admire? Ask them to bring you shopping/trying on (you don't have to buy) and to choose the clothes?

I wouldn't really know where to start ..... but I cant wait to shop in all those places I've never been able to!!

I dont have a style either, i live in jeans and hoodies! I think once i get to goal i will still be in the same lol

I'm going to wear more formfitting clothes.. not showing skin.. .but just fitting and showing my shape :)

it is really hard hun , I have always shopped in Evans and Simply Be as these were the shops that sold the clothes that fit me .. and i chose whatever i thought would make me less huge !!

Now I am able to shop anywhere and wear what I want .. its strange . I had no idea where to start when I first got to a size I was happy with ... its just a case of looking at everything and if you like something , try it on !!!! I found myself in a shop called Apricot and I love nearly every item of clothing in there so I now know what i like and am buying bits and bobs as and when I have a little money . I still buy stuff in charity shops at the moment as I am still loosing so refuse to spend a fortune on clothes that will be too big in a few weeks .. but you will find a style it just takes a while :)

im an ex-fashion student & even i find it difficult to style myself lol.. i would totally love to be Gok'd! :D i just think its a case of having a major girly shopping day (or weekend!) & take along friends u know will be brutally honest.. others tend to see what we can't see for ourselves. Xx

i think your age defines your style. i used to live in jeans and gap fleeces with trainers. i'm now more leggings, boots, long jumpers that go almost to my knees. i've just bought a couple of pairs of jeans but i'm struggling to know what to put with it so have looked at combos in next and bought a couple of gypsy style tops with corsages with them (same top 2 different colours).

i can shop in any 'normal' shop now and am a 12/14 but even i find it had. i tend to go looking online or go into a shop and see what's what. see if i like anything, try it on and see how it fits. etc.

I love fashion and had always found it quite easy to style myself somehow.. Just before I started the diet I was a large size 18/ almost a 20 and was struggling (for the first time ever) to find clothes that were my style to fit me. I think thats why i started!! I've found ASOS are good because they go up to a 20 in their normal range then have a plus size range which is items from the normal range but larger. I hate these plus size stores that thing cos you are big you should wear horrible baggy clothes! Surely they would make clothes that weren't like a potato sack because that just makes you look bigger!
I can't wait till I'm skinnier though because there's so much I want to wear but I can't yet fit in places like Topshop :(
I almost went to uni to do fashion styling and would love to actually take the plunge and do it, because I've studied fashion before but I think all the girls will be so skinny and pretty I would stick out like a sore thumb!

I wear allsorts. Usually nice dresses and tights with boots and a cardigan (I have 38 dresses in my wardrobe)...

I almost went to uni to do fashion styling and would love to actually take the plunge and do it, because I've studied fashion before but I think all the girls will be so skinny and pretty I would stick out like a sore thumb!

totally untrue hun! i was a size 20/22 when i did my fashion degree - and there were a fair few girls bigger. but maybe u should set it as one of ur goals.. UCAS opens again in september, by which time u could be exactly where u want to be ;) u should go for it! new size, new direction! Xx

sexxymummy said:
totally untrue hun! i was a size 20/22 when i did my fashion degree - and there were a fair few girls bigger. but maybe u should set it as one of ur goals.. UCAS opens again in september, by which time u could be exactly where u want to be ;) u should go for it! new size, new direction! Xx

Aww thanks you're right :) I'm planning on doing an access to art & design course next year (got to save up the money so can't go this year!) then hopefully going to uni. By then I should be slim!

I am a leggings and cardy girl aswell and i also go to shops and pick up a beautiful dress and think 'oh thats lovely....if your a size 8'! quite sad really as ill never get to an 8!! :(

Back