fire..........

Amonius

Firefighters battle blaze at Chester city centre apartment - Chester Chronicle

So, this happened today, the guy is my next door neighbour, we live in a house with flats. The fire alarms did not go off and if it were not for the sirens I would of stayed in my place oblivious, heard them and looked in our hall to find smoke everywhere, had the grab our cats and run through it (carrying two chubby cats through fire and smoke is not fun) My poor neighbour lay outside screaming in pain, he had broken both of his ankles and it shuck me up, beyond belief. And so....I broke the diet, I am not ashamed just a little dissapointed in myself, however I am going to get straight back onto it tomorrow. Keep my poor neighbour in your thoughts and prayers and me for the next couple of days please........... :cry::wave_cry:

That's unbelievable. I'm glad you and your cats escaped. It's understandable that you broke your diet but just start again. As a lipotrim legend said don't let a bad day become a bad week!

Ohh Im glad you and your kittys got out safely, I think after a shock like that it might have been quite sensible to have something to eat as shock can lower your blood sugar levels, but don't feel bad about it, just get back on and stick at it =] xxx

That was so frightning for you Amonius and I am glad you and your cats are safe and well.

I think I would of done the same in your position and as brochmor has said this was an awful shock.

Sending prayers and good wishes to your neighbour for a speedy recovery and I hope you are feeling okay after that terrible experience:hug99:

thank you guys for your kindness, back on the diet today, still feeling shaken up but I am sure it will pass. my cats seem as happy as larry and a bit oblivious to the whole thing. they have police taped up my neighbour's place now, kinda eerie....here's hoping my neighbour is doing okies. ill be ringing muir housing today in regards to the fire alarm system failing, as well as a long list of other complaints. hope everyone is well and again thank you all. xxx

Oh Amonius, so sorry to hear of your narrow escape and your poor neighb our! Prayers his way :) Yes I hope you certainly get some recompense for the failed alarm system, that is quite appalling!! As regards breaking the diet well hun, ANYONE would have under that kind of pressure! Well bloomin done though for getting straight back on it :clap::clap:no mean feat after that! Love to you L xxx

No need to cross them lol.... you`ll do it no problem with the dtermination you have, as I would have broken it for a lot longer than a week after whats happened! as I`m sure lots of others will have too, so well done you! Respect :D L xxx

Gosh. Not surprised you're feeling shaken up! Awful that the alarms failed like that! Glad you and your cats are okay, and hope your neighbour makes a speedy recovery. Am sure you will be fine re the diet after just that little (understandable) blip. Take care xx

Thank you peeps, its going fine, dont feel hungry at all and starting to calm down a bit, they were testing the alarms before and they are working fine now. Hope you are all doing well :) x

Aww Hun, that's awful. Glad u n pets r fine, hugs.
Xx

OMG!! Thats terrible!! You did so well getting back into it!

Just a hint - call your fire officer at your local station - they will look into the alarms failing - residential apartment properties should have regular checks!! I know a block of apts that got their knuckles wrapped not so long ago in Liverpool!!!

keep up the good work!! think thin for summmer

xxxx

I got a call from my housing officer this afternoon after making a formal complaint, they came and checked the alarms and they worked just fine and dandy, which she reiterated about 5 times. I asked why they failed to sound when the fire occurred and she said they are looking further into it. Looks like they are just trying to wiggle out of any responsibility for the effect it has had on me.....who knows? Anyways I am not going to let the issue go without a fight. Thank you again peeps for your positive wishes xxx

Get the fire safety officer at your local station to do an independant check!

Glad you and the kitties got out ok.... thats absolutely terrifying!

Gosh, that is awful. Yes, take your complaint all the way regarding the fire alarms not working. Local MP complaints, animal welfare, that sort of stuff.

Back