FireDragon JUDDD Journey

FireDragon

HI EVERYONE.

I am so happy to find a JUDDD forum. I have looked into this plan and ''finally'' decided to start today!

starting with a down day. have my meals planned.

When I plugged in my numbers at Dr. Js sight, it was 398 down day, 1965 up day.
So the first 2 weeks I am doing 500 down, and staying around 1800 up.

then after the 2 weeks I will shoot for lower down days and hover in the 18-1900 up days.

my journey was atkins. but the severe limited foods was driving me crazy. every time I tried to introduce some new foods I stalled or gained. As long as I stayed to extremely low carb and more toward protein I would lose. while not hungry, the variety was mind-numbing.

I have lost 32 lbs on atkins and think it has run its course for me.

I checked into JUDDD and see that having a day to eat my types of foods in moderation might be the better way to go giving me a calorie deficit on the down days so I can lose.

there are days I go without eating easily so I think the down day should be ok as long as I plan for the meals.

I am thrilled to find somewhere to chat and to mark my progress on JUDDD. I am actually excited to start this day :)

Any and all advice on how to tweak this to work for me is appreciated so don't be shy in typing out your JUDDD comments to me. THANKS

I did well on my first down day.

My 500 calorie day turned into 720. I ate an atkins bar at about 9 last night. I was lucky I controlled myself to just that extra food. I did get that munchie feeling but reined it in.

HOORAY!!! 3 LB. DROP THIS MORNING! of course that is the bloat from being a bit bad previously but it is a step in the right direction.

UP day today. I will choose my foods carefully, not go overboard but the thought of an apple, a full apple for lunch is wonderful. apples are carb heavy and I wouldn't eat them on atkins but today I sure am having one :)

I will continue to track all juddd activity and see just how it does for me.

So far I did ok on my down day. I need to eat later in the day. Have some different drinks available for a taste change other than lemon water, I need some super low cal. snacks to jump on if needed.

My down day food yesterday was:

4 oz cajun sauteed chicken on top of giant salad loaded with veggie. bit of ranch dressing. (240 cals)
broccoli and cauliflower with a bit of alfredo sauce and sprinkle of fresh parm cheese (180 calories)
2 sugar free fudge pops (40 cals each)

then I jumped on an atkins bar later that night. (220 calories)
day ended as 720 calories.

I might do OK on Juddd. so far so good :)

WOW
this is my UP day. I am so confused. being an atkins follower it was all about extreme low carb and good high quality fats.

but with JUDDD I should be able to enjoy some other foods and still lose.

but I could not bring myself to eat any bread today but what I did do, was at the deli counter they make fried chicken where I shop. I bought 3 pieces of fried chicken. OMG my guts are insane right now. Never again. I got a wing section, a leg and a small breast. figure it was about 500-600 calories.

I haven't had fried battered food in over 7 months. I am hurting. bloated. gut if poofed out. I despise this feeling. fried foods won't be coming back into my life again :)

so my eating today is:

brunch after shopping around 12: 3 pieces of fried chicken (5-600), 1 little debbie snack cake (120 cals.) (won't be eating that crappola again either, snatched from kiddo's stash of snacks)

then about 3:30 I was hungry, new my calories had to be higher cause my up day is 1900 (whew)----so I ate a frozen turkey meal from Weight Watchers. (200 calories) WELL---that sodium killed me and the bloat is worse.

OK---re-group on this. back to fresh foods. It was just convenient not to have to cook or make something. I got lazy in prep and now my guts are suffering for it big time.

So right now I am at about 950 cals for the day. How in the world can I eat another 1000 cals. Ain't happening!

tonight is spaghetti/meatballs for the family. I will attempt to eat a few meatballs and MAYBE a few bites of bread to jack up the carbs and calories.

My mind is thinking extreme low carb. high fat. Yet I changed from atkins to JUDDD and now I must change my thinking about eating again.

I am kinda glad I have a down day tomorrow. I have it all planned out and should do fine. I know one thing it should knock out the bloat and junk from my guts.

my next UP day Sat will be more controlled. better foods. no store bought junk. fresh, fresh and more fresh even tho I will have to slave to make the meals. the convenience pre-made foods from the stores are just yucky.

So that has been my UP day so far. Won't be eating much more so calories according to JUDDD will be lower but I can't help it cause my guts are saying, stop eating :) so I am going to listen to my insides on this call.

JUDDD is quite the adventure. changing plans and thinking is also a big part of this adventure. will work hard on all of it to make this a success.

Can't wait to jump on the scale tomorrow to see how I do

Hi why not JUDDD along side a low/mod carb plan - it would seem that you might have a sensitivity to wheat/ sugar now?

I do my version of primal and "fasting" 2/3 days a week - but I still do not touch bread, or any wheat heavy items as they upset my tummy, I'm ok with a little bit like in gravy etc

paleo/ primal are all eat fresh plants and animals - avoid grains/ legumes/ sugar etc which I'm assuming Atkins does too?

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

I agree with Miss B- you'll have to look at adding carbs back gradually not going for an overall blow out, I'm always amazed at how many people have issues with wheat and sugar and the horrible effects it has on them, keep up the good work Firedragon, just bear in mind it could take a month to 6 weeks to settle into a JUDDD plan xx

Mis-behave---HI nice to meet you!

atkins in the end allows all foods back in moderation. I was very low carb in OWL to lose the weight but as you get closer to goal they allow every food back and see how it effects you and you know your limits on what you can and can't add back into your diet.

But I agree. I had in my mind an UP day means I can eat junky again and real fast I know that won't be happening :)

Your loss stats are great!

Lanar, thanks for the advice. I agree that a carb blowout will kill me fast :)

month to 6 weeks. I can see that. I literally am on day 3 this morning and know I will have to have a good time to adjust to this pattern.

Thanks for the welcome!

HOORAY!
even after eating some junk and getting bloated, I am exactly the same on the scale. No gain after my UP day.

actually I am .5 lower than my other weigh in so I will take that.

I am only starting day 3, can't really make a true judgement, but so far I am ok with this. mind change needs to happen from my old plan, but I think I can roll with this ''kinda'' easily.

down day food planned is:

soup (160 cals)
small plate chicken/broccoli alfredo with bit of parm (240)
100 cal bag of popcorn for snack late

that hits my 500. will see how I do.

Good morning!

Lost .8
will take it :) anything down is a good thing. I stuck straight to my down day yesterday and did not indulge. So I give myself points for having control.

today is UP day

breakfast out with hubby in a bit. cheese/bacon omlette with HASH BROWNS. wow. something I would never eat on atkins. but I will try it and see how I do. slowly introducing some carbs back into my meals. will skip the buttermilk biscuit. gotta have some control against eating too many heavy carbs.

lunch will be light. tuna and salad

dinner tonight is shrimp and veggies on the BBQ grill. along with a nice crusty french bread with garlic and melted mozzerella. OH YEA. again something I would never touch but trying it to see how the scale treats me tomorrow.

a snack or 2 thrown in the day but will be careful. (red, black, strawberries, maybe some cantaloupe and a piece of chocolate in there somewhere :))

I am on another JUDDD forum I found a bit ago. Many are successful. Many have UDAA. HUH? For the life of me I could not figure out that abbreviation.

I asked. It means UP DAY AND AWAY. The reason so many are failing is their UP days. They go way insane overboard. I realize this is key to this plan. Key is not allowing the UP days to take over and get out of control. I just want to eat a normal meal and go forward. I don't want to have food issues of bingeing on UP days like many I am reading about. We all are having food issues obviously if we need to lose weight so I hope everyone having difficulty can face their problems and find solutions.

Good thing about being on atkins before switching to JUDDD is that I do know my trigger foods. There will be many types of food I will never allow past my lips again because I know they are the ones that will take me down and out real fast. Once eaten I crave with these foods and I can't allow that to happen again.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to allow some heavy carbs back without problems. I am not a potatoe eater mostly. So a bit of hash browns or a few fries is all I need and could care less about eating more. I enjoy the few, but they don't make me crave more of anything. Also bread. I am not a bread eater ever in my life. I never had tons of bread ever so having a piece with dinner I know will not do anything to me. BUT THERE are foods I must avoid. The ones I know will take me down. So I am coming to terms with what foods to allow back and which to avoid.

One thing about any weight loss plan, it sure wakes you up and makes you think :)

I hope everyone is successful in their journey! I am off to read some journals. they help to see how others are doing and fixing problems they confront on JUDDD.

Will report tomorrow about how this day treats me on the scale.

I swear I am nuts! :)

I write about UP days and people get carried away and eat like maniacs, well---I did it last night. rampage of eating snacks late at night.

I am up 3 lbs on the scale. WHAT THE? I know it is sodium and bloat etc. and not a true gain as long as I keep my down day today simple I should easily lose it all tomorrow but YIKES. I saw a side of me I don't like one bit. Mindless eating just to eat. I wasn't hungry, I wasn't bored, tired etc. I have no excuse other than I just wanted my mouth moving and shoving junk into it. BIG SIGH

One little excuse I might give myself was my food changed thru the day from what I listed. So I skipped dinner. I wasn't that hungry but at night it was the excuse I needed to eat mindlessly and snack out. what a downer!

I am frustrated with myself. Tired of the endless fight/battle with food. It gets so stinking OLD ya know? Food food food food food. So tiring dealing with it all the time. I don't like that at all :)

Only good thing right now is I am on a down day. And I am looking forward to it. My gut is blown out a bit so not eating til late lunch time will be easy.

I have to get myself under better control. I have to find that sweet spot. My mind says UP days are fair game for any foods. Well, duh, I know that is not true yet I pretend it is. I know I have to eat healthier on UP days then what I just experienced last night.

I hope I made the right choice trying JUDDD vs. staying on atkins. while atkins is very limiting to me, at least I didn't have binge attacks like last night.

So as much as I am ticked off at myself, I accept it and move forward. My Down Day today is a new day and a new start.

Why is all this food dieting just so hard? I will just leave it at that today and hopefully tomorrow the scale will show this lousey 3 lbs gone and I can continue to try to improve my UP days. I will eat more like my atkins meals on UP days now. Instead of trying to just wing it and eat whatever I want. I will plan a bit better to stay on good foods and meals time also.

time to move forward and get the scale moving DOWN! :)

I understand what you mean :) I think going from being so restricted to being able to eat what you want on up days takes time to get used too. I also find that if I have skipped a meal, due to not being hungry - I'm more likely to snack on rubbish..

That 3lbs will be gone in no time :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Blow outs are totally 100% normal and expected on this plan, so please don't think you're unusual, read anyones diary and you'll see in the first few weeks everyone does it, it's part of the settling in period and part of our poor heads trying to get rid of 100's of years worth of diet thinking, I worried about it at the start as that sort of eating/overeating was usually a symptom of my self sabotage button being pressed, but really it's completely normal on the UD/DD swing. Everyday is a new day on this plan, don't let it get you down xx

I understand what you mean :) I think going from being so restricted to being able to eat what you want on up days takes time to get used too. I also find that if I have skipped a meal, due to not being hungry - I'm more likely to snack on rubbish..

That 3lbs will be gone in no time :)

thanks. I agree. my severe restricted eating on atkins---when I changed to JUDDD I almost felt like someone let the tiger out of the bag :)
I have jumped on everything I gave up on atkins and eating my fill of it.

I am getting a better handle on it. I will talk myself down off this cliff I am sure.

Blow outs are totally 100% normal and expected on this plan, so please don't think you're unusual.

Everyday is a new day on this plan, don't let it get you down xx

THANKS that makes me feel better. I have been off and reading journals. I am glad you told me that I am not just a weak person. believe me that means alot knowing it is kinda a reaction to starting the plan.

I feel better definitely---but honestly this morning, with the bloated tummy I really for the first time on a diet felt like just sitting down and crying my eyes out.

I try. Seems I try hard. and then I feel like I get wishy washy and lazy and bad attitude and BOOM. here I go again. losing the same stupid few lbs over and over and over again.

Atkins I got bored and stalled and fought the same lbs over and over. I switch and lose and then gain up a bit. and the tears are for knowing I have to lose the same lbs again and again.

just a pity party on my part but I will get over it :) I have no choice.

I appreciate the words to help me guys! It means alot!! I am not in this boat alone and that makes me feel alot better.

Down day today

4 oz cjicken with bit of cajun spice
lettuce, cuke, radish and small bit of ranch dressing

I have to go out to dinner tonight. Japanese. MILs b-day. I will eat bit of beef, mushroom and nothing else.

I challenged myself today to eat clean. I will win my own challenge :) Some how I gotta find a force to make this happen tonight. be good and eat only a tad.

Plus I am NOT getting on any stinking scale until next Sat. 1 week no scale. I can't face it again. But in this week I will work JUDDD to the best of my ability. Now I gotta see if I have it in me!!!

My first Ud was a complete stuff my face til I felt sick day. I was awful. I ate more that day then I did normally. It does get better tho. You are doing great xx

thank you ladybird

with the help of you JUDDDers ---you guys will make a JUDDDer out of me :)

new day

lasts night eating out--sodium. bleck. ate low, but have to have a few days to get the bloat off me.

no weighing today.

new start

Today is DOWN day.

will track UP and DOWN days for calories now. no more fooling around.

Told hubby no more eating out for at least 10 days. I have to get the old system back working well. He agreed :) bless his heart, he better agree HAHA

I am in an ok place. got side tracked but I guess changing plans in mid stream will do that to ya.

I got good advice from the board and I know I can roll with it.

off to get things done and lose some weight :)

breakfast: lemon water and more lemon water
lunch: tuna with bit of mayo with lettuce, cuke
dinner: 4 oz chicken with broccoli/cauli --tad of alfredo sauce

This will keep me very low. NOW OFF to plan the UP day food. no more guessing or free for all!

I hope everyone is doing well and the lbs are flying off :)

ANOTHER DOWN day today.

I held back and ate sparingly at the restuarant. but sodium and a tad too much made it for more of a 'moderate' eating day.

So I am doing another Down day to start fresh. To clean out the system from the restuarant food last night

Oddly I am ok with that :)

today was bit of tuna with a wee bit of mayo
1/4 cup wild organic raspberry
1/4 cup wild organic blueberries
Zero vitamin water

dinner will be bit of chicken and broccoli and done for the day

I am going to plan and track my UP day tomorrow.

I feel like I can control this again and am ready to attack! :)

down day was successful and I lost 3 lbs of sodium bloat. that is a plus.

today is UP day.

I am tracking and planning is food. I don't know why I thought I could just breeze thru the day and not account for it? But I realize now the UP day is just as important as planning the down day.

So today I have had:

6 inch sub from Subway turkey 550 cals.
2 oz (weighed on food scale) of Fritos snack with it 320 cals.
3 cups watermelon 136 cals.
2 sugar free pudding cups 140 cals.

so far it is 1156
I have a target of 1960.

Stuffed right now. save rest for dinner and something for night probably.

I am trying to work JUDDD now to the best of my ability on staying on my 500 down and 1960 up day.

I am going to try some low fat versions of foods I buy to cut some calories. With my atkins it was all about the good fats and eating them. Now I have to rethink a bit and cut back some cals. to allow other foods back into my meal plan.

everyone have a great JUDDD day and I hope we all get the scales rocking down down down ! :)

Last edited:
Back