FireDragon JUDDD Journey

===========UPDATE-------5 DAYS ON PLAN

Official 5 days on my moderate carb, limited calorie plan eating whatever I want.

Lost 3 lbs. in 5 days. Start weight 203 and this morning was 200.

I am very happy with the results.

It would have been more but I snacked out at night on the last 2 days. I think mentally I was pushing to see 'what I could get away with' in snacking. Well, darn it, those bad snacks just are NOT a good thing obviously LOL I know in my heart many of the junky snack foods have got to go, which is a good thing. So I am accepting that certain junk foods will be eliminated for good in my life. It is cool, I need to eat healthier.

Losing 3 lbs. this week was effortless. Easy. Ate what I wanted, how I wanted, when I wanted and didn't have plan craziness at all.

But this weekend like for many people is a challenge. Memorial Day weekend. Party time. I have a party today at my parents lakehouse. brother and family came down from NJ. Beer and snacks, BBQ and all that. swimming, boating and fun, but along with that is drinks and food
smile_2011.GIF
I will party and have fun, but self limit myself best I can. But I am having a good time and not going diet insane about today's party. it is what it is.

So off to party and have fun. Will weigh in tomorrow morning and see how I did.

I am actually starting to enjoy this diet. Never thought I would say that about dieting LOL but it is so easy that I can now say that this is probably the best path for me. moderate carb, limit calories. eat whatever I want and lose weight. I will take that and run with it.

Up a bit after my party yesterday but it is cool. usual gain.

will drop it fast.

on my plan. doing well. should drop these pounds and keep going :)

I am off for 10 days on vacation. Hitting Florida and the beaches!! I will stay on plan. When I get back I will report. bringing my food scale with me. I have a 5th wheel camper and cook myself most times. So I can easily control my foods and when we eat out, I will choose wisely :)

Everyone do well on plan and I will report results of how well I did when I get back in 10 days!

Where in the world are you? Your profile doesn't say .. I'm making assumptions but it often easier to ask :)

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

:) I am North Carolina in the USA. I didn't even notice I didn't fill in my location in my profile.

I am heading tomorrow for a 10-12 day trip to Florida for the beach. About a 7 hr. drive.

I lost most of my weight gain. just a little left to get off, should happen today and then I can attack getting lower on the scale

at least I got rid of some decent weight. bathing suit time of course!

I will check in when I get back. I thorougly hope to lose SOME weight while on this trip.:)

Have a good time :)

THANKS

today I am packing and getting food in the fridge.

I pounded out a ton of thin chicken breasts. I am going to grill them for salads, sandwich or whatever, vs. being bad on vacation. Bringing alot of eggs and having those also. I am going to stay away from most dense carbs. I also got some 'diet treats' packed for me so I will lay off the rubbish that I don't need.

I want to really lose on this vaca. I know it can be done, I just gotta do it :)

gonna check my weight in the morning, log it in, and then NO SCALE for at least the next 10-11 days WOOHOO. NO SCALE. will be nice actually.

see ya'll soon!!! everyone be good!

What an organised lady you are. Enjoy trip chicken.

:) THANKS

this vacation I figure I best be organized only because if I don't, my default food choices are not going to be good ones.

If I have my food in the fridge, talking to me, knowing it is there, my inside guts will say---eat the good stuff, leave the bad. Even on vacation it is no excuse now to deviate and go crazy on rubbish. (well at least I am hoping big time that happens!)

OK--lost all my weight gain from the weekend party. that is good.

going to mark my weight, go on vacation and see what happens when I get home. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE ANY WEIGHT LOSS when I get back.

I am a metal detectorist so when I get to the beaches I walk for MILES and MILES trying to find my treasure. A hobby I absolutely love. Keeps me moving and as long as I am excerising and moving about, maybe I can hit a treasure buried in the sand :) Plus I am taking my bike. Me and Kiddo will bike ALOT during this trip in the state park.

Everything is packed and ready to go. Leaving in a few hours. Shower time and off we go :)

Will be back in 10-12 days and let ya all know how I did on the scale. My mind is saying YEAH--NO SCALE for a long time, yet I am thinking about the day we return and I can run and step on the scale. HAHA

everyone lose some lbs, me included!!!

I'm back! :)

trip was fab. we drove straight thru from florida to home, without stopping our last few days. It was pouring rain. big monster wet storm system over the area. the trip was perfect weather for all of it, but the drive home a big storm came in and we decided to head straight home cutting a few days off. No biggie. We had tons of fun :) :)

I am up 6.2 lbs. to be expected. I did very well tracking food, eating lighter, doing tons of fun things, AND THE LAST 2 days nailed me. ate out, all you can eat crab legs with tons of appetizers, drinks etc. and driving home we ate junk on the road. So being up only 6.2 is actually good. I thought it would be more after the last 2 days of eating crazy and wild and ALOT :)

BUT---now back on my plan.
So---back on my experiment plan---and tracking each day as I was and my official start back on my journal.

target is 1500 calories, carbs in the 30-40 range.

breakfast:
1 egg 70 cals 1 nc
1 egg white 16 cals. 0 nc
3 bacon 105 cals 0 nc
1/4 cup raspberries 20 cals 3 nc
1/4 cup blackberries 30 cals 4 nc
totals: 241 cals and 8 net carbs (target 1500/30-40 nc)

So starting off today very well. It is a struggle to eat this breakfast but I will do it. my guts are icky right now as expected after vacation :)

Panic not, that 6.0 will be gone in no time, probably a lot of it is water, straight back on the horse and that'll fix it. Holiday sounds fab, I would love to live in the states, but I think my other half's plan is for us to live in every other country but the USA!!

Storm sounds so cool, I haven't seen rain in about a year.

Hi firedragon I have subscribed to your diary, I am currently on the cambridge weight plan but have found your diary a good read!!!! Glad you had a great vacation. Sounds like you had fun without missing out on anything yummy too. We are holidaying in Florida in august. I cannot wait although we are getting some decent sunshine here at the moment in good old rainy England. Am interested to see how quick your vacation gain goes. :)

Panic not, that 6.0 will be gone in no time, probably a lot of it is water, straight back on the horse and that'll fix it. Holiday sounds fab, I would love to live in the states, but I think my other half's plan is for us to live in every other country but the USA!!

Storm sounds so cool, I haven't seen rain in about a year.

it always is nice to see someone write that----those pesky vacation lbs will drop fast !!

No rain in a year? WOW. I have to say in another life I must have been a storm chaser person. I love big storms. more thunder, lightening and all just fascinates me and I love to watch storms.

It has to be tough really not having that change in weather. Every now and then ya gotta see something differrent. Like I am not a big snow person at all, I enjoy hot weather, but when I get a itch to 'see a bit of snow' we head up into the mountains for a peek. A peek is all I need on snow LOL

Hi firedragon I have subscribed to your diary, I am currently on the cambridge weight plan but have found your diary a good read!!!! Glad you had a great vacation. Sounds like you had fun without missing out on anything yummy too. We are holidaying in Florida in august. I cannot wait although we are getting some decent sunshine here at the moment in good old rainy England. Am interested to see how quick your vacation gain goes. :)

Hi cham. nice to meet you! :)

I don't know the Cambridge diet. I will run off and check it out. I love info from all plans. never know what might help me into success!

My journal is a crazy one for sure. I am doing an atkins kinda, with JUDDD, but very liberal and counting calories. something I made up and so far it was working, 'before the vacation' got me :)

back to it and seeing what happens again. it does seem like a plan I can live with tho.

Florida in August is hot hot and more hot, but wonderful!!! Have you been before? I have definite plans to get back. where are you staying? I wanted to hit St. Augustine cause it was in my area, but we had so much fun where we were we just couldn't get there. no one wanted the 1 1/2 hr. drive to check out St. Augustine. We lived in our bathing suits mostly and boogie boarding alot :)

Stop by anytime and chat away!!

(target 1500/30-40 nc)
new totals lunch: 466 cals and 10 net carbs

strawberries 1/2 cup frozen 30 cals 5 nc
3 cups broccoli 90 cals 9 nc
7 oz sautee chicken 210 cals 0 nc
2 tbls olive oil 100 cals 0 nc
1/2 cup alfredo sauce 180 cals 4 nc
parm cheese 8 tblsp 80 cals 0 nc
totals: 1156 cals and 28 nc
So I have about 350 cals left to eat today, limit the carbs lower of course.
so far, so good today. gotta jump on a bunch of water tho. not drinking alot but will be sure I down a bunch this evening.

:)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time :) well done on getting back to your WOE

Hi cham. nice to meet you! :)

I don't know the Cambridge diet. I will run off and check it out. I love info from all plans. never know what might help me into success!

My journal is a crazy one for sure. I am doing an atkins kinda, with JUDDD, but very liberal and counting calories. something I made up and so far it was working, 'before the vacation' got me :)

back to it and seeing what happens again. it does seem like a plan I can live with tho.

Florida in August is hot hot and more hot, but wonderful!!! Have you been before? I have definite plans to get back. where are you staying? I wanted to hit St. Augustine cause it was in my area, but we had so much fun where we were we just couldn't get there. no one wanted the 1 1/2 hr. drive to check out St. Augustine. We lived in our bathing suits mostly and boogie boarding alot :)

Stop by anytime and chat away!!

Hi hun, yes we have been before in October and it was too hot then!! Haha us and our lily white skin. It's good to know tho, how busy is it in august? We are staying at Disney in the Caribbean beach hotel on site, cant freaking wait.
Cambridge diet is low carb, some meal replacements along with conventional food, whatever is suitable for your needs and lifestyle. I love it. I've lost over 3 stone in 3 months, feel fantastic and I have done a higher plan with protein low carb meals for quite a while and still having great results. My BMI is 23 now :) but I'm always interested in other plans and other journeys. In fact I'm diet obsessed haha. :)

good morning MIS

yea getting back on plan was easy. I stayed 'kind of' on plan most of the trip til the end when we had a piggy fest. It wasn't too hard to do which was good to know for my future in maintenance.

Now tho is back to losing lbs. time :) I gotta shift more of them off this old body LOL

Disney! Caribbean beach hotel! OH YEA YOU SHOULD HAVE A FREAKING GREAT TIME! I have never been to Disney yet :) Kiddo wants to go. waiting til she is a bit older so she can really get around and enjoy all the bigger attractions. I think next year or the one after we will hit Disney. August is kinda crowded. All Disney is so packed most times.

3 stone in 3 months. WOW. now that is rocking a diet plan. You sure found what fits for you. Lower carb really does feel good. I am fortunate I found I can bounce up the carbs a bit more to include some other foods and still lose. but of course they have to be 'better' carb foods.

Diet obsessed. Yea I am like that also. If it has to do with taking a lb. off this body then I check into it :)

OK--it is friday. Target is 1500 calories and 30-40 nc.

Dropped 2.5 lbs. of bloat. I love that! I feel better this morning. That carbby gut is leaving. So this morning was 203.5. better than 206.2 :)

another 2 days I should be back to my 200 weight and then get into the 190s fast fast fast.

I leave for an 8 day beach trip on July 16 to Virginia Beach area. I need to drop fast now before then and get myself firmly into the 190s (lower 190s). It is important to get away from the 200s now cause I don't want to keep bouncing back up into them. getting annoying LOL

So will work my plan hard, eat lighter and cleaner, tons of water as uusual and move the old butt a bit for some exercise and see what it gets me.

Back