Firming & toning body lotion

Julie W

Hi does anyone use a body lotion / cream which claims to firm and tone the skin?

If so, which one - how well does it work?

Are there any which you have tried and would / would not recommend?

Thanks
Julie

palmers is lovely, I use naked rose oil shimmer toning lotion which is lovely!!

Ive bought a coconut body butter from poundland for £1 and it smells fantasic and feels really good on the skin, i also use bio-oil every other night and brush my skin every night. My skin feels smooth as a babies bum, only time will tell if it helps tone and firm. I think if you spend a fortune on products you may get a good result, but im going to use cheapo ones for now to get into the habit of taking care of my skin before going for the expensive stuff.

I also bought the wild cherry body butter from the body shop and its smells devine, but in comparison to the £1 coconut one i got, they both feel and act the same on my skin ..... so far.

Thanks all.

Thanks Jess - I've been looking up Palmer's firming body lotion and it's had some rave reviews, some have even said that it's better than Mama Mio Zap Shrink to Fit which sells at approx £44 ten times more than Palmer's.

Hope it's not raining too much tomorrow, I want to nip out to Boots in my lunch hour.

I agree that Palmers is excellent, when I was pregnant my MIL bought me a tub of The Sanctuary Mum-to-be cream and I used it every day. I got zero stretch marks! I have half a tub left (it was a monster of a tub lol) and am using that up first, then I will get some palmers. :)

I use the L'oreal Nutrifirm, Palmers is great but I can't stand the smell it makes me feel sick :eek:

I use Nivea Firming lotion, been using it for a long time now and it works, my thighs and tummy were quite flabby and now seem to be more firm.

Sorry but there is no such thing as a lotion that firms your body. You can have more moisturised skin which makes it soft but the only way skin looks toned is if the underlying muscle is toned.

No amount of expensive lotions firm skin, period. A certain degree of exercise can and does but loose skin is loose skin.

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, just being realistic.

Alison

Sorry but there is no such thing as a lotion that firms your body. You can have more moisturised skin which makes it soft but the only way skin looks toned is if the underlying muscle is toned.

No amount of expensive lotions firm skin, period. A certain degree of exercise can and does but loose skin is loose skin.

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, just being realistic.

Alison
I was wondering! (Too good to be true?! :confused:) I know things like Bio-Oil help with scarring and stretch marks, but I was a bit sceptical about 'firming' creams. It probably won't put me off trying one though ;).

My DH has just bought me one for my birthday (he says he doesn't think I need it (which I definately do) but he knew I wanted one) but haven't got round to trying it yet, although it does smell nice so will make an effort to use it every day starting tonight.

I think bio oil helps the elastisaty, (don't know how to spell that), I have noticed a different when using it every day in the past.

Can someone tell me where I can get bio oil please? Who makes it?

I do get mine from ebay in larger quanities, I normally spend around £30 a time and it last 3 months. I find it cheaper than the shops. Just be careful you buy from someone who sells the real thing, if they stock lots and have a web site you are nearly always ok.
But it really does work. I lost 7 stone before and my tummy was ace.

Hi - just got home, went to Boots after work and bought Palmer's Cocoa Butter - Firming Butter - "Tightens skin"

The blurb on the back of the bottle says:
"... specifically designed to restore your body to it's natural, original firmness, anytime even after pregnancy or weight loss ... firms and tones while improving skin elastcity and texture .... Clinically proven to help increase skin's firmness in 6 weeks".

The problem is, I have been fat for so long (years and years) I don't know what my "natural, orginal firmness" is. Anyway it has had some good reviews on the internet, isn't expensive, so even if it only keeps my skin moisturised and nothing else, then I'll be happy with that.

I bought some bio oil to use on my tummy and boobs, but I now also use it on my face and it is excellent. It is not greasy at all and smells lovely. Not used it long enough to see a difference to stretch marks but it keeps my skin soft. I also use Palmers Cocoa Butter on the rest of me and my skin feels great. Even though I drink about 4ltrs of water a day I find that my skin gets very dry and the creams certainly help.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter

I've lined up an expert massage therapist, emailed him, and he's given me a very honest answer..

"I have known a few people to do the Cambridge Diet and they all seem to do quite well. I can't honestly say how effective massage will be in helping to reduce excess skin but it certainly won't hurt. I would recommend you also apply a good body lotion once/twice a day to help the elastin fibers in your skin to adjust. You don't need an expensive one, try something like Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Lotion or a similar rich lotion."

so... off to get me some of that!! :D

Back