First 3 days

Lumpy

One day at a time
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me to get back on the programme! I can't get past the first few days. It's not like I don't know how, I have done LL twice before, put the weight back on (my fault, dont blame the diet).

I really want to do it again, but the thought of those first days is halting my progress. I keep making excuses for not doing it when it comes to the crunch.

Heeeeelllllp!

Sorry to post this here, but the returners thread is so quiet.

Hi Lumpy - the as you know from the past the first few days are the worst, but once you are through them its a gazillion times better not withstanding the weight dropping really fast!:D
How about taking a few days off work etc and take it really easy, watch DVD's, snooze, listen to music, read books/magazines to distract you - and early to bed - you can't eat if you are sleeping:nightf: - then maybe that will get you through the initial stage?
Best of luck hun.
x

Hi Lumpy. I don't wish to sound rude, but if you are struggling at the though alone of the first few days, you should really consider wether you are in the right frame of mind at the moment to do something as drastic as LL.

You say you "really want to do it" again, but think about it clearly; do you really want to do LL, or do you just really want the weight to be gone?

I just know for my own experiences this past year that regardless of other's comments and support, it boils down to one thing: if you really want to do LL, then you'll do it. and nothing will deter you from the program. If you aren't in the right frame of mind, just want the weight to be gone again, and are trying to force yourself to do it then it won't work as it will feel like a punishment instead of a self-decided gift.

So, my advice would be to decide, right now, are you prepared to do whatever it takes to be slim? If so, go for LL and don't look back. If you still find the thought of even the first few days too much, perhaps you would be better looking into another diet, one that is less extreme?

Hope you figure out what's best for you :)

I really do think you must be in the right frame of mind to do this diet, and that's 100% committed. I thought I was when I stated as I had 4 weeks to prepare myself mentally, yet the first 4 days for me were a nightmare and I was convincing myself I could do this on WW or SW. I knew I couldn't and was so pleased to reach day 5 abstinent and since then no food has passed my lips. LL is the hardest but easiest diet to do, you just have to commit, and sleep a lot in those first few days! Write yourself notes reminding yourself why you want to do this and look at those when you are having weak moments.

If you decide to go for it then best of luck and hope you get into ketosis quickly xx

Thanks everyone. Pete, I think you are spot on. You do everything you can just to keep going. I think it's different this time because I have 17 month daughter too at home to look after, my other two were at school before, and I could collapse on the sofa. Not this time.

I appreciate your responses, given me food for thought x

I'm going to agree with what everyones said, you really *do* need to be in the right frame of mind.

Although this is my first time on LL then I've done CD, my first time I quit after a few weeks, my second and third attempt never really got off the ground. I think my head -was- in the right place during the third time and although I didn't get to my goal (mostly due to illness) then I think that helped only putting 4lbs on after coming off it instead of the whole lot + more!

From my experience, when my heads been in the right place I've found the first week easy. When its not I cant.

If your finding it hard now, instead of getting into that cycle of 'tomorrow i'll do it 100%'... why not think about having some preparing time. See when your LLC is starting their next group and use the time between then and now preparing, maybe low-carbing. Or if you think you *are* in the right frame of mind now, have a word with yourself... set yourself a plan to get through the first few weeks. Know your triggers and avoid them for a while.

Good luck whatever you do!

Actually, Pete, those words have struck a chord with me, 'self decided gift'.

Do you know, everytime I tried to get back to it before I used to tell myself that I deserved to feel like c**p cos it's my own stupid fault I allowed myself to gain weight. I totally saw it as a punishment.

Now, a gift to myself, ooooh I think I might have made a breakthrough, or rather you did.

I'll keep u posted :)

Thanks hun!

Thanks everyone!

Glad I could help Lumpy!

That way of looking at it has helped me get back on track after a dodgy few months; LL is not a punishment for allowing ourselves to gain weight and get fat, it is a gift to ourselves because we deserve to be slim and healthy like everyone else :)

Some wise words indeed Pete.

Lumpy - hope you have got your head in the right place and are ready for successful weight loss - for YOU because YOU deserve it.

I found it useful to set a lot of very small targets - so I could feel like I achieved something every couple of weeks. That helped me focus on getting through to just the next one each time and not worry about the ultimate goal which did seem so unattainable when I started out. Not now though :D.

All the best. xx

Thank you thin inside :)

The good news so far is, I have started today, even been to a hospital appointment with my son. Ha ha it's as easy or hard as you wanna make it! Sooo true. I'm off to LL meeting tonight so I'll be back on tomorrow to make a new ticker.

Thanks soooooooooo much to everyone's encouragement and help getting me back on track. You guys rock!

I have adopted BLs mantra which I read on another post;

"Failure is not an option"

and Pete's words

"decide to do LL and dont look back"

One happy bunny :D

xx

Back